Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

are you all happy with gun yes/no

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]NO. Board cutting corners again. Fans deserve better. All I ask is the club appoint a manager with even moderate success against his name. We all know what happened last time we appointed a Jock with no experience dont we?[/quote]

Yes and well know what happened the last time the board appointed an experienced manager (aka Roeder) [;)]

Definitely Not my first choice, but YES I will support him and his management team until the end of the season...

so far 68% are happy with the decision, and 32% are unhappy. Hardly convincing is it? plus how many of that 68% would have wanted gunn yesterday as their choice? not many, and thats my point the board dont take care what we want and appoint someone not alot of people iniatialy wanted, then all of a sudden today the majority are pleased, why? somehow the board have turned an upopular decision into a poular one!

and this is exactly what happened with grant, nobody wanted him and he got the job. after that most people including myself warmed to the idea after hearing grant and the board speak and decided they were happy with the appointment. looking back we all knew he should never have been appointed and i feel this will happen with gunn.

hes unproven in the transfer market .. didnt gunny scout for norwich .

head of recruitment , should imagine he has a good idea ,

come on ..some of roeders players have been good some terrible.

i dont think he can do worse than roeder ,

I''ll add a yes...

A quick update for you lincoln

YES: 41

NO: 14

Figures speak for themselves Lincoln, out voted again !!!!!

Yes - I think the board has been sensible in giving him only to the end of the season rather than commit themselves to another long term contract. This way, both parties can part amicably in May if it doesn''t work out and Gunn can remain a City legend. Crook is a good choice too and it''s nice to see Dixie back.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"]

I''ll add a yes...

A quick update for you lincoln

YES: 41

NO: 14

Figures speak for themselves Lincoln, out voted again !!!!!

[/quote]

but as i said i bet 90% of that 41 didnt want gunn yesterday. look im not out to argue and fall out with everyone im just pig sick of failure at this club. we should be aiming much higer then appointing a glorified scout as manager. the more we accept this, the more the board will continue to walk all over us, the lower we will be

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

so far 68% are happy with the decision, and 32% are unhappy. Hardly convincing is it? plus how many of that 68% would have wanted gunn yesterday as their choice? not many, and thats my point the board dont take care what we want and appoint someone not alot of people iniatialy wanted, then all of a sudden today the majority are pleased, why? somehow the board have turned an upopular decision into a poular one!

and this is exactly what happened with grant, nobody wanted him and he got the job. after that most people including myself warmed to the idea after hearing grant and the board speak and decided they were happy with the appointment. looking back we all knew he should never have been appointed and i feel this will happen with gunn.

[/quote]

Looks convincing enough to me....there''s always going to be a difference of opinion with nutters like you around

fair comment lincoln.....maybe people did want other managers yesterday, but it doesn''t mean they are instantly unhappy with todays appointment, I for one am very pleased, I think only time will tell, but Gunny seems to of bought the players together and with Crook and Deehan coming in as well this could be a match made in heaven.

Another No for your update refjezhitchin. I really can''t believe the board, when faced with the most crucial appointment in the clubs history, would go for a manager with ZERO experience. I''m not sure what kind of message the fact we have appointed a manger for 4 months sends out to the supporters either. It''s almost like the board are saying "We might go down so we don''t want to appoint someone who is going to need a decent wage that we might not be able to afford". Prudence WITH Ambition?????

However I really hope it does work out, Gunn was my hero as a young goalkeeper, I stood on my milk crate in the Barclay watching his every move. I still haven''t seen a keeper command his area like Gunny did since he left. I hope his motivational skills will get us through and he''s not found wanting tactically.

I''m also dead chuffed to have Chippy back.

Good luck to them.

[quote user="refjezhitchin"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]

Looks convincing enough to me....there''s always going to be a difference of opinion with nutters like you around

[/quote]

no mate im a realist who is fed up of what at best is mediocracy from the board

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="TheCanaryFan"]NO. Board cutting corners again. Fans deserve better. All I ask is the club appoint a manager with even moderate success against his name. We all know what happened last time we appointed a Jock with no experience dont we?[/quote]

Yes and well know what happened the last time the board appointed an experienced manager (aka Roeder) [;)]

[/quote]

The only experience Roeder has ever had was with losing! Roeder wasnt even the least bit successful when he was appointed.

No - to Gunn as manager. Take this scenario, I''m convinced that Saturday''s result bounced him into the job. Had it been a flat, boring 0-0 (as  it was first half) would he have been appointed?? Gunn has come from absolutely nowhere to take the top job. WHY? As I said yesterday if he is ''that good'' or really wanted the job before then why was he not a clear candidate on previous occasions? Apparently Gunn ''standing with arms folded in calm manner'' (RM''s words on Rodeo Norfolk - not mine) showed the ....''missing DNA''. God help us, what a load of emotional garbage!!   

Of course I will ''get behind him'' as we all will, I happen to think the decision is seriously flawed though. Everything has been forgotten based on the hype of one 45 minute spell v Barnsley! What happens when the ''legend'' realises that MONEY may be needed to simply sustain (let alone improve) the squad and the Board say....''er, sorry big fella, did''nt we tell you we''re skint''!.

Yes - to Deehan but his role seems confused. Don''t we have a Chief Scout already or did Gunn effectively take that on as Head of Player Recruitment? Where is the No.2 / Assistant in all this? Had Deehan (or Bruce Rioch) had that clearly defined role I would have been happier.

YES - to Chippy back as First Team Coach. This should have hapened at least two years ago. Welcome back Chippy!!  At least the Board have got one thing right and for that I suppose we must be eternally grateful.

Yes - I support the decision - the last 2 clowns were appointed on long term contracts and it was only the "new manager " impact that helped them - once the impact was away their real ability was revealed. This decision allows the board to take time to consider longer term management options and bring some green and yellow blood back to the club. Lets face it the new team certainly cannot do any worse than the last two individuals. So get behind them and help steer the club to safety this season.

:) you know i love you really lincoln.

Another no will be followed up by another 4 yes''s, for the reasons that right honourable gentlemans 2nd and 3rd paragaph is what most fans are thinking today   

I am in two minds. I am glad it is just til the end of the season but I didnt think the field of managers who we were in a position to get was that strong at the moment. My hope is in the summer either Gunn will be a success OR we will be in a position to negotiate for a better quality of manager than we can now.

Yes, and I am delighted to have Ian Crook back at Carrow Road. The most creative Norwich player I have ever seen, and im sure he will proove to be a massive inspiration to the squad.

On The Ball City

im not happy but im not unhappy.. we all know that the 3 guys are city through and through, and they will get us playing the passing game and inject a bit of passion.. but Gunn himself isn;t experienced and it needs someone with knowledge off a relegation scrap (and survival) i think in this sort of situation, or saomeone with a bit of managerial know how...

Still.. Gunny might surpise us, im cautiosly excited.

jas :)

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

i want to see the percentage of people who are happy with this appointment. a simple yes for happy or no for not happy is all that is required. i''ll start

NO

[/quote]

Yes scummer we are now back to scumsville

YES!!!!When I saw this i was shocked. I hadn''t really considered the prospect of the Gunn Club being a full time appointment. I was expecting Boothroyd or Ince.Now i am cautiously optimistic. I think that relegation is a real possibility but if we are to go down, I would also rather go down with people who love the club as much as I/we do, at the helm than go down with some nomad who will leave at the end of the season if we go down.I am very pleased with Chippy and Deehan being back in the fold as they also bleed yellow and green, and if Waghorn is to be believed - discussions with Butterworth about being asst manager are also under way.Overall I am pleased, I wish Gunny the best of luck, and I really hope he succeeds.

NO ffs.The board have appointed a manager with no experience or record of success AGAIN. We are championship football club , managers should not be cutting their teeth with us.I love Bryan Gunn and I wish him every success mainly as Norwich fan but also partly as an admirer of him as a human being but this is another poor apointment.I don''t know if the board could afford Aidy Boothroyd and I really hope they couldn''t because this choice shows a distinct lack of desire and ambition.Why oh why can we not have a new manager , sometime in the future, who has actually been succesful at other clubs before coming here , who actually has a record of doing a good job at other clubs, who has actually WON things ?

Obviously, I have a HUGE amount of respect for Gunny, Chippy and Dixie, they are (for probably the most part) very fan-pleasing appointments (which you might argue that the board had to do really), Gunny and Chippy in particular are both City legends and Dixie was of course part of the 1985 Milk Cup (now the Carling Cup) winning side.

I can''t help but feel rather concerned about Gunny and Chippy. Gunn, as we all of course know, has no managerial experience whatsoever (bar Saturday!), so it''s a very big (and cheap) risk but at least he does have great football experience. It''s the same with Chippy in a way, as he has no experience at all of managing and coaching in the English leagues. He''s done well in Japan and Australia, but can he emulate that over here? I think that Dixie is a shrewd appointment, given all his experience within the game. Certainly not one that I was expecting. I realise that it is only until the end of the season, but the board have taken one hell of a risk for two of these three appointments given the situation that we are in.

My point is that, while I''m very happy for them and obviously want them to succeed, I do NOT want to see their status'' within the club tarnished. We are still in real danger of relegation and with that would come administration, which would the finish the club that we all love. In my opinion, the pressure is really on for them and, of course, the board of directionless. If we should go down, we could be looking at police on horse backs again, like 13 years ago. It could very well happen and that is not a route that I would like to see us go down ever again.

I pray that we don''t.

[quote user="Helsinki canary"]Yes - I support the decision - the last 2 clowns were appointed on long term contracts and it was only the "new manager " impact that helped them - once the impact was away their real ability was revealed. This decision allows the board to take time to consider longer term management options and bring some green and yellow blood back to the club. Lets face it the new team certainly cannot do any worse than the last two individuals. So get behind them and help steer the club to safety this season.[/quote]

But what this club is crying out for is some long term stability and planning.  To me this smacks of a cheap, stopgap option by the board who have little idea as to the direction the club is going. I still wish Gunny good luck though