Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

are you all happy with gun yes/no

No , the poor guy does not stand a chance, bless him. If he keeps us up are we going to appoint him for 3 years? Unlikely.If we go down he will be made the fall guy for the board''s innumerable mistakes.

Ask me at the end of the season. I''m going to use hindsight, if that''s all right with you lot!

I am trying not to be biased here, because the so called "nice" Mr Gunn really pxssed me of once and i see him for what he really is. I am saying no because our brave board have copped out again, cheapskates, however i will support the new management team for now. BTW till the end of season, yea right.

[quote user="ricky knight"]I am trying not to be biased here, because the so called "nice" Mr Gunn really pxssed me of once and i see him for what he really is. I am saying no because our brave board have copped out again, cheapskates, however i will support the new management team for now. BTW till the end of season, yea right.[/quote]I was a mascot once, when i was around 7 or 8 - Gunny was in goal and it was Birmingham City away - Before the match, i got to take a penalty against him - exciting for a 7/8year old to face up to an international goalkeeper, imagine my dismay as the one penalty i got, which was headed straight for the bottom corner was tipped round the post by an outstretched hand of the Scottish national keeper!! I still to this day think it was cruel not to let it in!! But im not one to hold grudges - all the best Gunny!

[quote user="ricky knight"]I am trying not to be biased here, because the so called "nice" Mr Gunn really pxssed me of once and i see him for what he really is. I am saying no because our brave board have copped out again, cheapskates, however i will support the new management team for now. BTW till the end of season, yea right.[/quote]

Nobody''s perfect Ricky, we all let our guard slip from time to time.

[quote user="Bigmarkcanary"]

[quote user="ricky knight"]I am trying not to be biased here, because the so called "nice" Mr Gunn really pxssed me of once and i see him for what he really is. I am saying no because our brave board have copped out again, cheapskates, however i will support the new management team for now. BTW till the end of season, yea right.[/quote]

Nobody''s perfect Ricky, we all let our guard slip from time to time.  

I agree but it hurts more when a man you admire treats you like shxte when you have worked hard for his benefit but as i say he has my support for now.

[/quote]

Yes, Forget about Gunny being the cheap option, he''s the best option, I said right from the start what I thought of Grant, I said right from the start what I thought of Roeder, so as usual I''m not going to sit on the fence - Gunny has what it takes and has the right character to be a great Norwich manager, this for once is an excellent appointment - I''m happy

[quote user="CaptnCanary"]

[quote user="The Huckerby Delusion"]I think some of the posters have hit the nail on the head, If it were Just Gunn then I''d be very unhappy, but I think the package of all three is a good apointment, similar to the England rugby, appoint an inspirational figure head who commands respect, but has F-all managment expirence, back him up with top coaches. I think the board did good on this one (a scary thought!)
[/quote]

Please do correct me if I''m wrong as I am by no means an expert on Crook''s coaching career but as far as I am aware he has been coaching in a series on tin pot leagues which would leave a big question mark for me as to whether he is up to the task in our very competitive league.

And what has Deehan done since getting us relegated as manager?

I''m sorry but the addition of those two to Gunn''s inexperience does not inspire me. But nonetheless I hope it works out well for them.

[/quote]

Australian is not a "tin pot league"!. One of the teams (Adelaide) got to the equivalent, in the Southern hemisphere, of the European Cup Final this year.

[quote user="Bobert"]

Australian is not a "tin pot league"!. One of the teams (Adelaide) got to the equivalent, in the Southern hemisphere, of the European Cup Final this year.

[/quote]Where they played a team from Papua New Guinea ? [:p]

Yes

As Rioch said in the EDP today, Gunn has great man management skills but needs a good coach alongside him.....step in Chippy. This division isn''t rocket science as far as tactics are concerned, far better to get the best out of players by making them want to play and keeping it simple - Saturday may have been a one off, I suspect not - the Championship is pretty low quality at the moment and a reasonable team pulling together with the fans backing will do OK.

I feel kind of underwhelmed again

I want it to work so much, for Gunn, for NCFC, and for us fans

There has to be unity, we have to get behind them.

I am happier that it''s not just Gunn, I think Deehan and Crook can bring that extra spice and experience thats needed.

Many of us have called out for Crooks return for along time, if he is as good as many of us believe then it''s a good move by the Club. Deehan is an interesting one. A great coach for Mike Walker, and perhapes became Norwich manager at the wrong time in the clubs history.

Yes...and why not, the only reason fans seem to have against it is lack of experience.  The Yellow and Green blood of 93 is back, he has been at the club 22 years, he knows the business backwards.  So many managers with experience do nothing......i think its not relevent,  what you need is a man who can motivate, has tactical knoweledge and can inspire a team, Gunn and Crook can do this and they are worth a shot.....

Experience does not = success...FACT

OTBC

St.John

I just find it very strange that IF Gunn is supposed to be such a great choice with all this experience of the game and the club and all this man management skill then WHY has no previous manager got him on board (in a meaningful role) and WHY have the Board not appointed him previously??  Just a thought.  

Bit of a disappointment for me...........but I will be there for the rest of the season and give them my full support. I wish them well. Would have been interesting to see what the outcome would have been if we had lost last Saturday!!!

NO.

I want them to do well, but it is the cheapest option again.

I fear it will all end in tears.

We need someone to come in and reorganise the club from the bottom up, is this the team to do that?

YES!

The cheapest option but also the best one and is far less risky than appointing someone like Ince!

No football managerial experience but is highly respected, knows the club inside out, has great motivational abilities and is very good with people all atributes that can make him successful!

Crook, Deehan and possibly Butterworth will help, so in reality its not a problem Gunnys never had a managers job before!

YES!

An unusually canny appointment from our board on this occasion I think. I think you can be assured though that whether they keep the job for next season will solely depend on whether or not they can keep us up. That is to say that if they do, they''ll get a contract extension but if we go down they''ll be released.

One thing though, I''d be interested to see the length of the contracts offered to Deehan and Chippy particularly cos it would be a heck of a risk for the latter to up sticks and move back from Oz for what could potentially be a 4 month contract...

[quote user="Kenny Lunt"][quote user="lincoln canary"]

i want to see the percentage of people who are happy with this appointment. a simple yes for happy or no for not happy is all that is required. i''ll start

NO

[/quote]

Yes scummer we are now back to scumsville

[/quote]

f**k me kenny *unt your funny are''nt  you

c

I''ll add my ''yes'' to the vote.

Appointing a truely Norwich managerial team on a short term contract makes damn good business sense at the moment, in my opinion.

Hmm, the facts aren''t really supporting your ''95% of fans don''t want Gunn'' comment from that other thread now, are they Lincoln? You should try being a journalist, you''d fit right in! (No offense meant, Cam!)

Yes, when I 1st heard that they got it, I was more happy than when GR was appointed, not saying much. But the more I look at it and think about them, the more I think that they will do really well for us.

Good luck gents, your going to need it and I hope it doesn''t turn sour.

as i said before and will say again, before this appointment was made 95% of people who voted on the edp website wanted sombody else. now the majority seem to want him, agreed, but there is still alot that dont, there were definately more popular options for the board. aidy boothroyd would have had less opposition.