Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Why Gunn's been appointed.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

But unlike Gunny Lapps, the God called Mike Walker was a qualified coach![/quote]

And you think that means anything ?
Iam a fully qualified bricky,but trust me, you wouldnt want me building your house.
I gained the qualification i needed, then moved on to other trades.
Meant nothing.

[quote user="the1englishman"]

And you think that means anything ?
Iam a fully qualified bricky,but trust me, you wouldnt want me building your house.
I gained the qualification i needed, then moved on to other trades.
Meant nothing.

[/quote]

Yes. When talking about Mike, yes.

He''s dead cheap for starters, and maybe our dim board believe that the fans won''t boo or turn on a City legend.

I also believe that should we beat Barnsley this Saturday, they will appoint him full time. Believe me, they are that clueless, wanting Worthless has proved that!

Gunny full time would make the charge of the Light Brigade seem like a good idea, City desperatley need an experienced manager inplace quickly, Gunn has zero management skills, let alone Championship management experience.

Finally.............dear God, please make this all stop![:''(]

[/quote]

I know what you mean Wiz but who is to say Gunny wouldn''t do a good job? Neither Brown or Stringer had any direct management experience before taking over when we were an established Top Tier team, both were "nice guys" and both did pretty good jobs. As some have stated Gunn was a good organiser and encourager when he played. He has the club at heart...

At the end of the day, I don''t care who the manager is as long as he is successful. I certainly hope we win tomorrow as we can''t afford to lose the ruddy game!

What if we win 5-0 and play wonderful attacking football with your "Jamie Lad" banging in a hat trick? Will you still feel the same?

For me, all the possible candidiates have their downsides;

• Boothroyd - long ball man at Watford and is last 12mths there were pretty uninspiring (they looked certs for promotion after 15 games last year)
  • Dowie - initally successful but struggled at Charlton, Coventry and QPR to make any real impression.
  • Ince - extremely successful at a lower level but struggled big time at Blackburn. Also think that personality wise he may not be the best to unite a dressing room.
  • Worthy - been there, done that!
  • Gunn - no experience.
  • Robins - no championship experience but seems to be doing a good job at Rotherham
  • Pardew - awful at Charlton

Personally, I would probably go for Boothroyd with Mackay as assistant (if he wants to come here).

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

I know what you mean Wiz but who is to say Gunny wouldn''t do a good job? Neither Brown or Stringer had any direct management experience before taking over when we were an established Top Tier team, both were "nice guys" and both did pretty good jobs. As some have stated Gunn was a good organiser and encourager when he played. He has the club at heart...

At the end of the day, I don''t care who the manager is as long as he is successful. I certainly hope we win tomorrow as we can''t afford to lose the ruddy game!

What if we win 5-0 and play wonderful attacking football with your "Jamie Lad" banging in a hat trick? Will you still feel the same?

• Boothroyd - long ball man at Watford and is last 12mths there were pretty uninspiring (they looked certs for promotion after 15 games last year)

• Dowie - initally successful but struggled at Charlton, Coventry and QPR to make any real impression.

• Ince - extremely successful at a lower level but struggled big time at Blackburn. Also think that personality wise he may not be the best to unite a dressing room.

• Gunn - no experience.

• Robins - no championship experience but seems to be doing a good job at Rotherham

Personally, I would probably go for Boothroyd with Mackay as assistant (if he wants to come here).

[/quote]

nail on the head and deffo for boothrotd/mckay.
did i mention boothroyd /mckay at all today?
;)

[quote user="Stevie Wonder"]

• Gunn - no experience.

[/quote]

A bloody good post Stevie, thanks for the food for thought![Y]

Err? don''t go toe to toe with me over military history 7rew, as a retired military historian, it was a major disaster for the British Army, Lord Raglan, and the light brigade, after going down the wrong vally after the wrong guns, they failed to spike them when they did get there. Nor, did they keep any ground they did cover.

Only the Heavy Brigade achieved that distinction in the Crimea war.

[/quote]

Don''t be too intimidated 7rew, "as a retired military historian " is simply Wizard newspeak for him letting you know he received a history book for Christmas in 1964 but he hasn''t read it since.

[quote user="book end"]

Totally, there are plenty of siht stirrers on here who just want to have a go at someone, anyone. I cannot believe the stuff people come out with, but I shouldn''t be surprised I suppose. Gunny deserves respect and our support.

[/quote]

Turned out nice again.
Wer ar ya wiz,    wer ar ya wiz                LOL

[quote user="the1englishman"]
Turned out nice again.
Wer ar ya wiz,    wer ar ya wiz                LOL

[/quote]

Still here.....AS ALWAYS!

I see some are now calling for Gunny to be manager full time, inc Darren Eadie I see, still think I''m wrong do ya?

Still here.....AS ALWAYS!

I see some are now calling for Gunny to be manager full time, inc Darren Eadie I see, still think I''m wrong do ya?

[/quote]

That''s what frightens me wiz. All those fans calling in to Hello Neil all wanting Gunn as manager. Swallows and summers. Will they never learn?

Giving this board the excuse for the cheap option then when it all goes pear shaped saying "thats what you asked for".

Gunny has been a good one off leave it at that PLEASE.

[quote user="The Butler"]

That''s what frightens me wiz. All those fans calling in to Hello Neil all wanting Gunn as manager. Swallows and summers. Will they never learn?

Giving this board the excuse for the cheap option then when it all goes pear shaped saying "thats what you asked for".

Gunny has been a good one off leave it at that PLEASE.

[/quote]

I can''t hear Canary Call Butler, did those irresponsible idiots really advocate that?

God help us mate.

I can''t hear Canary Call Butler, did those irresponsible idiots really advocate that?

God help us mate.

[/quote]

Yep a good 75% of the callers wanted him as temp manager just to see how he gets on, you know to the end of the season, even Neil put his peneth in and Darren Eadie. Looks like just you and me Wiz.Pass the bottle of JB

I thought it was more 50/50 on canary call but I think the last caller made the best point which I share and that is do we really want to put Gunny in that situation? Imagine if we lost 2 or 3 games and the fans started getting upset and calling for his head, would we really want to think about ruining his legend status?

whats everyones opinon on this scenario???

the new boss comes in and reestablishes the reserve team, puts gunny in charge to see how he gets on, with a view to him being the next manager in 5 years or so. once he gets all his cub scout coaching badges on his arm.

[quote user="Smeg"]

whats everyones opinon on this scenario???

the new boss comes in and reestablishes the reserve team, puts gunny in charge to see how he gets on, with a view to him being the next manager in 5 years or so. once he gets all his cub scout coaching badges on his arm.

[/quote]

Now that seems sensible - our successful period in the 80''s and early 90''s was based around promoting from within the club and it has worked well at other places as well.  We need some stability and not to beocome a club who changes manager every 12-18 months as those teams are never successful and we cant afford the compensation payments. 

I also suspect it may be more what Gunny fancies as well.

[quote user="king of latvia"]

ok gunny as coach but wiz who would you want as manager ?

not looking in you crystal ball or your magic spells.

who do you want .

[/quote]Steve Tilson.  [|-)]

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Bryan Gunn will not be the next permanent manager of Norwich City.[/quote]

Maybe,  just maybe, I can read body language, and understand the boards mentality better than most Pete.

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]Bryan Gunn will not be the next permanent manager of Norwich City.[/quote]

Maybe,  just maybe, I can read body language, and understand the boards mentality better than most Pete.

[/quote]

The clue is in the word "permanent" Wiz.

This is a temporary appointment until the end of the season.

[quote user="1st Wazzock"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Utter sh*t as usual.  Gunny will lift the crowd for one/two games so no problem with that.  Also he is on a wage at the club so what does it matter if he is cheap or not for a couple of games?

There is no way he would want or get the manageers job and only a fool would think it.

He''s dead cheap for starters, and maybe our dim board believe that the fans won''t boo or turn on a City legend.

I also believe that should we beat Barnsley this Saturday, they will appoint him full time. Believe me, they are that clueless, wanting Worthless has proved that!

Gunny full time would make the charge of the Light Brigade seem like a good idea, City desperatley need an experienced manager inplace quickly, Gunn has zero management skills, let alone Championship management experience.

Finally.............dear God, please make this all stop![:''(]

[/quote][/quote]

Totally agree RT. More hysterical dribbling from the Lunatic from Lowestoft.

[/quote]

Oh really?[:|]

Is it?  Do you believe that?  Do you bring Chippy ack from Oz fro five months?Rubbish.[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I''m beginning to wonder whether you really are a wizard, mate. That was a stunning prediction on your part. Now, what are the winning six numbers for this Saturday''s lottery please??!!

[quote user="Potless Percy "][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And you really believe that crap do you Percy?

I agree with you, renegade.

If we stay up - be it by the skin of our teeth, or in a (please god) blaze of 20-game unbeaten run glory, this will definitely be made permanent imo.

Give they guy a bloody chance to get started just because hes cheap doesnt mean thats the wrong appointment. Get behind him. If you get on his back right from the start he''s bound to fail and what sort of supporters are we if we do this to someone as legendary as Gunny

[/quote]Good call Wiz [:|]

Slightly disappointed in this appointment because I fear ruining a couple of legends reputations. And more crucially we need an experienced man to help us avoid the drop (not an easy task)

I also feel the board have gone for a cheap option (even though its a temporary measure...apparently) - clearly we don''t even have the money to bring in someone outside the club with experience. All that guff about "we''re conducting interviews on monday" was balls. They decided as soon as we won 4-0 Gunn would keep the job until seasons end (at least). 

Now this could be a win-win - Cheaper option and if he drastically changes our fortunes then why not keep him on. Saved cash too.

But it could also be lose-lose - We get relegated, gunn (and chippy) get sacked, both tarnish their legendary status with the club and we end up playing league 1 football next season.

He''ll have until seasons end to show what he can do but for the love of god I hope this appointment at least keeps us in the division.