Sign in to follow this  
SS

The purpose of a football club?

OK, a bit of a broad question, but seeing as so many people moan about the games but still go I wonder what people think the purpose of the football club is to the?

I am of the opinion that football is supposed to be entertainment. I was a very loyal supporter for many years when I lived in the region go, however since moving away I have come to see the club as a form of entertainment - not something to fill my life. Currently the cost of getting to a game, plus ticket etc does not offer good value for money therefore I don''t go to the games.

What are other peoples opinions on the club? Do you go because the games entertains you? Because it gives you something to talk about at work? Because you feel guilty if you don''t go, or that you are not ''loyal''. Because sitting through the s##t makes the very rare moments of good football all the better? Or are you like me and have now become a ''fair weather'' supporter?

There''s certainly no entertainment in watching us at the moment!

It''s a bit like being addicted to gambling; you''re hooked because the next big win might be just around the corner. And the more you lose, the deeper you are addicted.

Nurse, the screens!