Hmm, this does look like a good signing at 27, 44 goals in ~200 apps for Arsenal. Would have been perhaps the big target man Worthy was looking for?

I''m interested in the Macken rumours though. Mind you, how often do we get players we''re linked with? They mostly come out of the blue don''t they?

Ama

I would class old Nwankwo in the "can only be occasionally bothered" category. I hope he does a job (of sorts) for West Brom but I think they may have wasted their money on signing him.

Like most others here I would welcome signing Macken but as explained on another thread he is only 5''10 so doesnt fit the tall striker role we are looking to fill.

Having said that Ama, he is from ManC so would be from out of the Blue! lol.
Lets hope NW has some annoucements to make soon.

On a free transfer. I''m sure we wouldn''t complain too much we''d signed him! Though presumably he''s on Arse-style wages. The exact figure of which someone will no doubt be able to provide us with!

I have to admit this was a bit of a surprise to me. I rate Kanu as a player, but not necessarily as a goalscorer though. But will he really want to play for them in the Nationwide League next year?

I think Kanu''s either going to be total class or total Nwank (sorry poor pun), I hope for our sakes he is the latter. He''s one of those players who can play rubbish game after game then come off the subs bench and score a hat trick. If playing regular football he could become top notch, that is if he can be bothered!

But to be fair - why is a 3 year deal for Kanu commercial suicide, and yet us giving Helveg 2+1 isn''t? Surely they will have put the same relegation/break/divisional pay clauses in his contract as we must surely have done with Helveg, to ensure we don''t end up like the sorry binners...

Helveg is probably on more wages than Kanu and is also on a 3yr deal, Commercial suicide???

lol...the hungary captain..nothing to hardly rave about m8..would rather the danish captain to be honest ;)

I''m not implying that Gera is any better than Helveg, but still 3 signings in 48 is, to say the least, very exciting, you must admit.

1-0 down with 10 minutes to go i would say that Kanu is the worst possible striker you could hope to have on your team.

Look at his goals or Arsenal, apart from the hat-trick at Chelsea none of his goals are game winners and he certainly doesn''t make his own goals. Sure, he may score 10-15 goals this season (closer to 10 i believe) but that alone won''t keep them up.

Plus, due to people i know at Arsenal, i have a very good idea what wages he is on and its safe to say that if they go down, there is no way they will be able to keep him next season.

This is certainly a make of break signing/ season for the WBA