Sign in to follow this  
Norfolkn Good

Norwich - worst home support in the league?

24,000 people with the silence only occasionally punctuated by booing..........

Most on this board seem to be trying to sort out organised booing/abuse for the next home game........some even say they want us to lose

Carrow Rd is not a nice place to play or watch football these days and I''m beginning to think relegation is what we all deserve

And don''t think getting rid of Roeder/Delia/Donc will change it - you''ll all be booing the new guys within a few weeks

N & G

You really couldn''t be more wrong, if we had a new board with better investment and a new manager we would not be down the bottom of the table with no team of our own.

Did you see or listen to the game against Sheffield United - one of their players was booed off despite the fact they were winning.  Other clubs DEMAND success and let their players, manager and board know by making them uncomfortable if they are underperforming.   People like you are the reason we are were we are - you accept and have accepted poor decisions and mediocrity for to long.

The club is heading towards league one and administration due to poor decision making, lack of investment and poor manager appointments, and you have the audacity to try and tell peopl its our fault?

Sorry but you are a total moron.

Most on this board seem to be trying to sort out organised booing/abuse for the next home game........some even say they want us to lose

Carrow Rd is not a nice place to play or watch football these days and I''m beginning to think relegation is what we all deserve

And don''t think getting rid of Roeder/Delia/Donc will change it - you''ll all be booing the new guys within a few weeks

[quote user="Norfolk n Good"]

[/quote]

Ive got a feeling I know who this is and he''s an Ipswich fan so ignore him [:)]

Although i understand, and share, a lot of the frustration amongst the fans, you''ve certainly got a point, albeit, not a particularly popular one!

The Premier season has definitely changed our attitude as fans. Christ, some of the comments on this board are ridiculous. As you say, people wanting us to lose, people hoping we go down, people planning protests and going to games to have a nice moan and spend most of the match booing rather than getting behind the side, and ''loyal fans'' boycotting matches because we''re not winning.

Maybe it''s all the Johnny-come-latelys who jumped up on the bandwagon after the playoff season, but some people do seem to have very short memories. Yes, it''s rubbish at the moment, the worst that i can remember, certainly, but our home support is dire at the moment. When we spent those couple of seasons narrowly escaping relegation from this division after our original relegation from the Premier the fans got behind the boys and the support from the 15,000 or so there was always absolutely fantastic. The 24,000 who turn up now just don''t seem bothered. It''s a real shame, and must have an affect on the players.

The worst comment that keeps getting thrown about, in my view, is that we ''deserve'' to be in the Premier because we have high attendances every game. That''s the sort of garbage Leeds fans come out with, and the sort of stuff that made us ridicule Wolves fans a few years back. It''s a travesty that we''ve gone that way too.

That said, i do, vehemently, think that Roeder should go. We''re awful at the moment, as anyone with functioning braincells, and eyes, can see. But whilst the boys are on the pitch i will always get behind them. It''s a real shame more people don''t.

Don''t be obtuse, Ricardo, you''re better than that.

No one has said it''s ''all the fans fault''. He''s just making the point that too few fans seem bothered about offering their support and getting behind the lads during the match. It''s a valid point, too. 

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

People like you are the reason we are were we are - you accept and have accepted poor decisions and mediocrity for to long.

[/quote]

So it''s my fault? At which point did I say I accepted anything or wasn''t joining in the abuse of our less gifted players (fothers and patty my particular 2) - our home support is avarage at best at the moment and certainly isn''t helping the team.

[quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Norfolk n Good"]

[/quote]

Ive got a feeling I know who this is and he''s an Ipswich fan so ignore him [:)]

[/quote]

CA you really are a class act - anyone says something you don''t agree with and he must be a scummer......

Still stalking Hucks? Get a life

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"][quote user="cityangel"][quote user="Norfolk n Good"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

CA you really are a class act - anyone says something you don''t agree with and he must be a scummer......

Still stalking Hucks? Get a life

[/quote]Classic Binner tendancies. Talking b0ll0cks and trying to get a rise out of every poster that questions him..........

How is he talking bollocks?

Just because you don''t like what he''s saying doesn''t mean he isn''t making a valid point. Carrow Road is very, very quiet these days. It''s a simple enough fact to accept.

Piss off knobhead we have been far to patient and that''s the bloody problem,. Now go crawl back to your flat in Pisswich and don''t forget to water the pot plants on floor 15.

Fool.

PS- i make no apology for my language.

Arturo/Clipped Canary

You 2 really are the future aren''t you. Anyone says anything you don''t like and your only response is abuse. Have fun at school tomorrow....guess it must be special needs classes?

You have the gall to abuse the most patient and loyal fans who have now and not before time, had enough and expect to not get stick?

I''ll stick with my original opinion of you.

Sorry grandad but there was no abuse in this post (apart from those whose only reaction is to shout binner at anyone they do not agree with) - just an honest appraisal of the current noise levels at CR - it''s like a morgue unless there''s someone to abuse/boo

Now if this forum belongs to biggoted retards like you, Wiz etc I''ll take your kind advice and run along. Why I''d want to have an opinion is beyond me....

Watch that hypothermia you miserable old git

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Did you see or listen to the game against Sheffield United - one of their players was booed off despite the fact they were winning.  Other clubs DEMAND success and let their players, manager and board know by making them uncomfortable if they are underperforming.   People like you are the reason we are were we are - you accept and have accepted poor decisions and mediocrity for to long.

The club is heading towards league one and administration due to poor decision making, lack of investment and poor manager appointments, and you have the audacity to try and tell peopl its our fault?

Sorry but you are a total moron.

[/quote]

Actually it was a good post. Carrow Rd has totally lacked atmosphere the last few times I visited

Your a funny little fella ain''t ya. Go a play with your hand you silly little binner.

I doubt you''ll ever get old with your attitude you gobshite, oh and where does Wiz fit in on this,mouth? Typical bigoted ageist hypocrite.

Bye.

[quote user="Norfolkn Good"]

Sorry grandad but there was no abuse in this post (apart from those whose only reaction is to shout binner at anyone they do not agree with) - just an honest appraisal of the current noise levels at CR - it''s like a morgue unless there''s someone to abuse/boo

Now if this forum belongs to biggoted retards like you, Wiz etc I''ll take your kind advice and run along. Why I''d want to have an opinion is beyond me....

[/quote]If you do "run along" though it becomes self-perpetuating. It was predictable that your views (that the lack of atmosphere at Carrow Road does not help not that booing is not as constructive some suggest) would be unpopular with some but it doesn''t justify the abusive response that you got. As a consequence of this kind of thing many sensible posters don''t bother and leave the board to simpletons. (That incidentally is not saying that an anti Roeder or Board stance is simplistic per se, I am just referring to the facile comments that so many seem to feel pass for wisdom in here.)A second consequence is that some people just don''t even bother reading the board anymore. It has become a laughing stock upon some fans and is no longer an interesting exchange of ideas about football. Of course we are all depressed about our current plight, it''s just that not everyone sees the solution to be as simple as others suggest. Taking action doesn''t always make things better; sometimes it makes it worse.

[quote user="Badger"][quote user="Norfolkn Good"]

[/quote]

If you do "run along" though it becomes self-perpetuating. It was predictable that your views (that the lack of atmosphere at Carrow Road does not help not that booing is not as constructive some suggest) would be unpopular with some but it doesn''t justify the abusive response that you got. As a consequence of this kind of thing many sensible posters don''t bother and leave the board to simpletons. (That incidentally is not saying that an anti Roeder or Board stance is simplistic per se, I am just referring to the facile comments that so many seem to feel pass for wisdom in here.)

A second consequence is that some people just don''t even bother reading the board anymore. It has become a laughing stock upon some fans and is no longer an interesting exchange of ideas about football. Of course we are all depressed about our current plight, it''s just that not everyone sees the solution to be as simple as others suggest. Taking action doesn''t always make things better; sometimes it makes it worse.

[/quote]

Hes insinuating that we are all fickle and are booing for the sake of it. Well i doubt thousands of people who have spent hard earned money will like those comments especially as the booing is VERY much justified IMO. So i find his comments offensive and the twerp can go and moan in the Churchman End if he doesn''t like it.

And back in the real world!

24,000 home crowds who still try to cheer the team on despite the current cr*p served up!

Massive away support which must be one of the biggest League despite the fans in the Norfolk/North Suffolk area having to travel further than most other clubs fans!

Clubs supposedly much bigger than us would struggle to attract 15,000 to home games in our situation! 

Roeders record since the unbeaten run finished last January has been woeful and if continued will see us relegated at the end of this season!

I''ve known for nearly a year that Roeders no good but now I just think we''ve got to get shot of him ASAP in orddr to give us our best chance of staying up!

Roeder out before he takes us back 50 years!

''24,000 home crowds who still try to cheer the team on despite the current cr*p served up!''

But... and let''s be honest here, are those 24,000 really trying? Because it doesn''t sound, as of late, that many of them really are, in my opinion. That''s the whole point of the original post. I don''t remember reading anywhere on this thread that anyone was implying the lack of noise isn''t particularly justified. But a few years ago simply having the justification to whinge and moan yet hardly sing wasn''t enough. We still had a superb atmosphere at Carrow Road, something we''re currently lacking...