Sign in to follow this  
Jim Smith

Belated thoughts on saturday

I went to Bramall Lane expecting to lose and we duly did. I am becoming more and more convinced by the week that we are going down unless something dramatic happens. Once again we did not really play badly and could have got a point but we say that EVERY week and the fact is that virtually every week we play ok but still end up losing due to missing the chances we create and gifting the opposition easy goals that they don''t really have to work for as happened again yesterday. A few comments:1. We need to replace both fullbacks now. Bertrand was abysmal yesterday and Drury should be brought back in asap (never thought I would say that). As for Semi well I can only describe his first half performance as an utter digrace. He ambled about shadowing his man whilst not making any takles and constantly allowing their winger to cross the ball into the box under no pressure whatsover. That is what happened for their goal and the truth is the winger should never have been allowed to get that ball into the area. Semi is immensely frustrating as on his day he can be fantastic but he is a "homer," has mental lapses and costs us goals. A right back must be a priority in this transfer window as Omasuzi is a liability in that position as well!2. Thought Grounds did quite well.3. The game confirmed to me once and for all that Fotheringham is s**t. Every time he gets the ball it slows things down and we end up going backwards.4. Hopefully that is the last we will see of Sibierski. Good riddance.5. Lupoli was very lively and looked a real threat.6. What the hell is the point of having Cort on the bench if Roeder does not even have faith to bring him on when he has no other fit strikers. Why has he not brought Cureton back from loan or why doesn''t he put Renton on the bench?7. Decent enough away turnout but impossible to create any atmosphere in that lower tier.8. The Doc plyed well and we looked much more dangerous when he went up front at the end.That is all!

The board needs to act fast and get shot of Roeder to give us a fighting chance of staying up!

Anyone thinking things are OK and/or blaming Roeders inoeptness on our supposed cash shortage needs to wake up!

RoederOUT! 

I''d agree with that, i went yesterday and didn''t think Sheffield Utd were anything special but yet again another defeat, what do i know though because Roeder says Sheffield will be one of the 5 teams that''ll be promoted this season

Once again Jim a top post. I was there too and agree with every point made.

Would just add that I just can''t see what tactics the coaching staff deploy. It really is like watching low grade park football at times.