Sign in to follow this  
magic_eyes

No Primus - Who Else?

As it looks like Primus is staying at Pompey, I wonder if Worthy is considering a move for Robert Huth. There was a lot of speculation last year about bringing him in on loan and I think he would be an excellent addition to the squad.

We can only have two loan players at any one time, so with Bentley already here another year-long loan would cut off any other loan options for the entire season.

I think worthy should bite the bullet now and bring in some real quality on loan, surely we could do what leeds did last year and loan someone like Huth (or Pennant) for 3 months and then extend the loan when it runs out. This would leave us free in January to either extend the loan or terminate it to bring in extra cover. I don''t know exactly how the rules work on this, would that be possible?

I''d definately look at Craig Moore, he seems like a fairly decent centreback and Rangers obviously aren''t too keen to hold onto him due to his desire to represent his country at the Olympics.
How about Michael Stewart from United as a creative midfielder as well?

Incidentally, who''s the cover for Drury (apart from Brennan)?

Why bother to spend thosands when we have a natural replacement in Shackell. Irrespective of his age and limited experience, I am confident he can do well in the premiership.

"Incidentally, who''s the cover for Drury (apart from Brennan)?"
we have Charlton and Shakell
(excuse my spelling) blast.......

I cant see Huth being released by Chelsea - Mourinho has signed Carvalho because he wanted 4 central defenders at the club - before that he only had Gallas, Terry and huth.

Craig Moore doesnt interest me - he looks average in a league where there is no striking talent apart from 4 games a year and then Celtic always score.

Struggling to come up with alternative names; not sure where Emerson Thome is at the moment tho

OTBC

One name that hasn''t been mentioned on here yet who might be a possibility in my opinion is Calum Davenport at Coventry. Commanding young centre half who is up and coming and wouldn''t necessarily be out of our price range.

Referred to in another post about the Coventry friendly as "their 6 ft 5 centre half who marked Svennson out of the game".