Sign in to follow this  
Chunky Norwich

So who's getting relegated?

Still too early to tell and lots more twists and turns to go, but who does everyone think, after all all the dust has settled, is going to get relegated this season?

Personally I think Charlton are dead and buried. Amazing how quickly they''ve fallen from grace given all those years in the Prem but there you go. I also can''t see Southampton having the experience or physical strengh to stay up. Strangely I think Doncaster may pull themselves out of it as they have a bit of cash to spend and a couple of decent players. Forest, Watford and Derby are going to get sucked into the relegation battle, along with us but Forest - despite their mini-revival - won''t be able to last the distance.

So I reckon it''ll be Charlton, Southampton and Forest. We will flirt with relegation for the rest of the season but won''t actually go down.

I''d be interested to see neutrals'' views.

I have a horrible feeling the longer Roeder stays the more likely we will get relegated!

Changing Roeder could quite possibly have the same ''new manager syndrome'' effect we saw last year when Roeder came in!

Roederoooooooooout!

I think Doncaster, Southampton and Charlton will get relegated.

Although I''m concerned Charlton are just lacking confidence and if they get that one win they might just start climbing the table rather quickly which could mean us, Nottm Forest or Watford could be dragged into the relegation place

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Still too early to tell and lots more twists and turns to go, but who does everyone think, after all all the dust has settled, is going to get relegated this season?

Personally I think Charlton are dead and buried. Amazing how quickly they''ve fallen from grace given all those years in the Prem but there you go. I also can''t see Southampton having the experience or physical strengh to stay up. Strangely I think Doncaster may pull themselves out of it as they have a bit of cash to spend and a couple of decent players. Forest, Watford and Derby are going to get sucked into the relegation battle, along with us but Forest - despite their mini-revival - won''t be able to last the distance.

So I reckon it''ll be Charlton, Southampton and Forest. We will flirt with relegation for the rest of the season but won''t actually go down.

I''d be interested to see neutrals'' views.

[/quote]

I honestly think it is impossible to call at this stage of the season and probably in any Division.  We are now coming up to (generally) some of the worst playing conditions and what no one can predict is whether clubs at either end of the League will be hit by injuries.  I very much hope Norwich manage to avoid the drop and I have a hunch, and only that, that they will but I have no doubt there will be some frayed nerves as the weeks go by.

Charlton do look to be in trouble at the moment.  I think your arguments are quite reasonable on the football so far but, as I say, no club knows whether they will have a bad run of injuries to contend with as well.  As someone once remarked: "It''s those freezing Tuesday nights with the sleet driving down..............."[:|]

If Charlton pick up a couple of decent results I believe they could easily go on a decent run. Forest appear to have turned the corner and Southampton are starting to see their young side improve. There is currently only one team in terminal decline with no look that they will improve. Sorry to say it is US.

I honestly believe we will be relegated. You just can''t see where the points are going to come from. If the next 3 or 4 games go against us we may as well throw in the towel. Despite the idiotic claims from our manager the current team have no fight in them.

At the moment we would be one of the three,we can''t score,Forest have Earnie & Tyson,Watford Smith & Priskin,Saints B.W.Phillips, Saganowinski & Mcgoldrick,Derby Hulse & Ellington.At the moment we only have Lupoli(excluding youth & loanees) so i can only see us down with Charlton & Donny.For me we have one life line and it''s this transfer window get the right players in i.e two strikers two CB''s we''ll be o.k, don''t get these players and we just won''t have the fire power to cope with the leaks at the back so down we go.[+o(]  

[quote user="one 4 the future"]At the moment we would be one of the three,we can''t score,Forest have Earnie & Tyson,Watford Smith & Priskin,Saints B.W.Phillips, Saganowinski & Mcgoldrick,Derby Hulse & Ellington.At the moment we only have Lupoli(excluding youth & loanees) so i can only see us down with Charlton & Donny.For me we have one life line and it''s this transfer window get the right players in i.e two strikers two CB''s we''ll be o.k, don''t get these players and we just won''t have the fire power to cope with the leaks at the back so down we go.[+o(]  [/quote]

Terrific post and very accurate, if we dont get in  two strikers during this window then one of the 3 to go will be us for sure

[quote user="one 4 the future"]At the moment we would be one of the three,we can''t score,Forest have Earnie & Tyson,Watford Smith & Priskin,Saints B.W.Phillips, Saganowinski & Mcgoldrick,Derby Hulse & Ellington.At the moment we only have Lupoli(excluding youth & loanees) so i can only see us down with Charlton & Donny.For me we have one life line and it''s this transfer window get the right players in i.e two strikers two CB''s we''ll be o.k, don''t get these players and we just won''t have the fire power to cope with the leaks at the back so down we go.[+o(]  [/quote]

Spot on....we are simply too poor at the back to avoid leaking goals and I can''t for the life of me see who is going to score enough to make up for it. Let''s be realistic we are not going to sign anyone in this window capable of doing it. We are going to be at the back of the queue for any loans going and don''t have the money left after the loan fees already wasted to buy anyone decent. Add to that Roeder''s reluctance to try anyone from the reserves and the picture starts to look glum. The next three league games are critical yet our manager is now looking at table scraps from his Premiership buddies at the end of the month at the very best.

Cliché - because every game is MASSIVE for us at the moment - but I really do think after the next three league games it could seal our destiny!

Two games at home against relegation contenders (Barnsley & Southampton)

One away game again against contenders (Doncaster)

Plus that will be the end of the window - so no more players coming in and out except loans! (Which is all our signings we''re/are going to be)

WE ARE!!!!! and thats the only team i give a sh*t about. Sorry to be blunt but i''m so fecked off that Mr Roeder is STILL in his job and while he''s here we are only heading one way!

(a) Anyone who thinks Charlton will stay up with Parkinson in charge is mental.  They are down already, and probably into administration.(b) Southampton are poor and have loaned out Nathan Dyer, their one decent attacking winger.  They are down.(c) Forest will escape.  Doncaster or us for the third drop spot.

Sadly one of them will be us, we can''t score or defend and I don''t see any knights in shining armour riding to our rescue in the window. Charlton and Watford would be my picks to go with us.

Well I was thinking predominantly Camuldonum (sp?), We8 and the Luton and Leicester fans that pop up every now and again.

Plus if rumours are to be believed, we have quite a lot of Ipswich fans on here....

It was a side-note anyway but thanks for getting involved in the thread [;)]

Charlton are going down. Its all very well saying they might turn it around, but I can''t see it. Sure they will win at some point, but then they will go on another bad run.

Doncaster will huff and puff, but will go down because they just don''t have the quality.

Southampton will be down as well. They are very young and although they will get the odd good result its relegation for them.

Then there will be a bunch of clubs who will be lucky to survive. These are Derby, Forest, Watford, Blackpool, Barnsley and of course Norwich.

A)   Watford

B)    Southampton

C)   Charlton

By the end of Feb we will be out of the mire just in time for us real fans to renew our season tickets

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

Well I was thinking predominantly Camuldonum (sp?), We8 and the Luton and Leicester fans that pop up every now and again.

Plus if rumours are to be believed, we have quite a lot of Ipswich fans on here....

It was a side-note anyway but thanks for getting involved in the thread [;)]

[/quote]

I feel you will stay up - it may be another nail biting finish but I think you''ll do it.  Although it''s disappointing for you at the moment you aren''t adrift as you were under poor Mr Grant - hopefully your luck will change.  I know Roeder isn''t flavour of the month anymore but that run last season kept you up otherwise you''d have been playing "academic games" like Colchester when the mountain is just too high.

At the moment you aren''t getting thumped by anyone - it''s fairly tight stuff.

OTB City! [:D]

[quote user="Bungay Canary"]

A)   Watford

B)    Southampton

C)   Charlton

By the end of Feb we will be out of the mire just in time for us real fans to renew our season tickets

[/quote]

Don''t start that sh*t again,real fan my ar*e!!! we are all real fans but some of us have just got fed up with never ending crap!!

Blackpool could get sucked into it if they lose their way without Grayson.  Charlton and Watford are leaking goals at almost 2 a game.  Doncaster are tight at the back but can''t score for toffee.  If they sign 2 decent strikers they could stay up though.  Southampton look weak and are as poor as Charlton.  I agree that Forest look resurgent and if Earnie starts firing should end up mid-table.  Watford have let in the most goals, and the team that do that tend to end up bottom.  We need to sign a striker or 2, or hope that Cort comes good, AND find a regular back 4 that won''t get injured and help Marshall keep some clean sheets.For me the weakest teams in the league at the moment are Charlton, Southampton, Doncaster, Watford, Blackpool, and Norwich.At the moment I''d say that the 3 most likely to go down are Charlton, Southampton and Doncaster.  But it will all change again by February.

Blackpool

Derby County

Watford

Nottingham Forest

NORWICH CITY

Southampton

Doncaster Rovers

Charlton Athletic

We are, along with Donny and Charlton. Donny will put up a fight but I''m afraid us and Charlton look gonners.

Last year after 27 games we had 31 points.

This year after 27 games we have only 26 points.

We gained a further 24 points in our remaining games to stay up by 3 points (with the likes of Ched Evans).

If we even get as many as 24 points in our remaining games we will get 50 points which would have seen us comfortably relegated, 2 points below Leicester.

We are nailed on for relegation this year. Thanks Roeder. You inept bookend. Of course he will leave before the inevitable but we will be as good as relegated by then.

[quote user="earnsless"]

We are, along with Donny and Charlton. Donny will put up a fight but I''m afraid us and Charlton look gonners.

Last year after 27 games we had 31 points.

This year after 27 games we have only 26 points.

We gained a further 24 points in our remaining games to stay up by 3 points (with the likes of Ched Evans).

If we even get as many as 24 points in our remaining games we will get 50 points which would have seen us comfortably relegated, 2 points below Leicester.

We are nailed on for relegation this year. Thanks Roeder. You inept bookend. Of course he will leave before the inevitable but we will be as good as relegated by then.

[/quote]50 points will be enough to survive this season.  Last season it was tight throughout the league, this season the bottom and top 6 are pulling away in opposite directions.

Without Dion Dublin last year we''d have already gone.

With or without Roeder we''re down this time for certain. I don''t really give a toss about anyone elses fortunes.

I cant believe we are having to seriously considre this.  Our once fantastic club, playing passing football and admired by pundits and other fans alike, reduced to a team of gutless turds led by an arrogant sh*t and backed by a board who can''t find two coins to rub together; despite getting more income than most Championship clubs could have dreamed of in the past five years.And still some people seem to think everything will come up ok if they keep sticking their snout into a pie and clapping twice a game....

Can''t see us staying up due to lack of firepower up front.

Charlton also look in big big trouble.

Southampton have just signed an experienced Dutch centre-back (described as a "real leader"), he made his debut on Saturday and they kept a clean sheet - he could be the catalyst for them.

We desperately need at least two top signings in this window or a change of manager.

Mark .Y.

At present-and circumstances and opinions can change-it looks like Charlton, Doncaster and ourselves.

I actually think that Charlton will dispense with Parkinson, despite the fact he''s only been there a very short time, before we sack Roeder (or he quits). They (Charlton) were merciless with Les Reed after a very short time, they won''t be afraid to do it again, especially with Pardew available-if he made it known he was interested, well, who knows?

Doncaster look to be a team that will just not get the results when they need it, although, of the three of us, they''ll make the best go of it and I tip them to be 22nd, not that it makes any difference when you''re going down!

Southampton havea mainly young and inexperienced squad and a manager who is new to England, they do have players that can be sold to raise funds (Surman) -still, they have a bloody good academy, even though, like us, half of the catchment area is water!) but with their debts, how much  of it would the Manager have to spend? They''ll just scrape home I think.

We need a goalscorer, clearly and desperately. Earnie more or less scored enough to keep us safe when he was here, and, had Ashton be signed earlier, we might have made a go of staying in the Prem. However, we also need a dominating centre back and a Captain IMHO,I think Martin Taylor could have been both of those things and the procastinating with him-to sign, not to sign-will look expensive enough soon.

Footballing cliche or not, all successful teams seem to have that "spine" down the middle-dominating and confident keeper, good centre back, powerful forward. Can''t see that here.

A change of Manager may give us a chance in that it nearly always has a "Brown bounce" effect-note Redknapp at Tottenham, and when Roeder arrived-however, and note this also applies to Redknapp now, as well as Roeder-when the bounce, or even the novelty wears off-the same old patterns re-emerge. if a new Manager and a "bounce" keeps us up, how can we be sure that the momentum will stay with him and at the club, and we won''t, in a year/eighteen months time be saying that he, whoever* he is, should be gone as well?

(*Agree with those posters suggesting Mark Robins as a possibility. Am sure he''d like the step up, we sure as hell won''t tempt a "name" Manager, and he does have the experience of working with a limited budget.)