Sign in to follow this  
Matt Morriss

More Roeder Boolocks

'''' I have got huge respect for Antoine Sibierski," he said. "He always

gives his all
, he acts like a professional should act - we could really

have done with him around the place these next couple of games
''''
If Roeder thinks that Sibierski''s stay here was a productive one then were in even more trouble than we thought. He always gives his all?So did Eddie ''the Eagle'' Edwards. Doesnt make you any good tho does it. Im quite sure i would ''give my all'', whether that would be enough to have a positive impact on the team is highly unlikely.I for one am so glad he wont be ''around the place for the next couple of games''.

I had the same reaction Barclayman when I read that gumph. 

I was really pleased when we got Sibierski in as I genuinely believed he had a lot to offer at this level and after a goal on his debut was even more convinced - I am not ashamed to now admit I could not have been more wrong and likewise will not be missing him now he has left the building.

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

I had the same reaction Barclayman when I read that gumph. 

I was really pleased when we got Sibierski in as I genuinely believed he had a lot to offer at this level and after a goal on his debut was even more convinced - I am not ashamed to now admit I could not have been more wrong and likewise will not be missing him now he has left the building.

[/quote]

I have same view as you Pboro. So, I don''t blame Roeder for "trialling" Sibierski but it transpired that Sibs was simply not upto it or not up for it or both and it is seems completely disingenuous of Roeder to talk so positively of Sibs now that he has gone.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]What scares the crap out of me is, should the Roedent one fail to sign a striker in this window, he might just bring Sibi back!.[/quote]

Surely the board wouldnt allow it?.......gulp.

I have no problem with that. He got himself injured while playing for us -- whatever Roeder really thinks, it would have been stupid to say anything else.

I found this remark about Russell more interesting: “The funny thing with Darel is, on the training fields here at Colney when you don''t have to score goals, he always seems to knock the chances in." It explains why he keeps trying to put him forward...   (NB: He''s our player, and promoting him into a "goal-scoring midfielder" or striker/midfielder would seriously boost his value.)

[quote user="Budapest Canary"]

I have no problem with that. He got himself injured while playing for us -- whatever Roeder really thinks, it would have been stupid to say anything else.

I found this remark about Russell more interesting: “The funny thing with Darel is, on the training fields here at Colney when you don''t have to score goals, he always seems to knock the chances in." It explains why he keeps trying to put him forward...   (NB: He''s our player, and promoting him into a "goal-scoring midfielder" or striker/midfielder would seriously boost his value.)

[/quote]

Take your point but then he doesn''t have to say anything very much at all, does he ? So, to my mind, the fact that he did say positive things about Sibs, when he didn''t need to say anything apart from thanks for your efforts blahblah, suggest that Roeder believed what he was saying.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]What scares the crap out of me is, should the Roedent one fail to sign a striker in this window, he might just bring Sibi back!.[/quote]

Surely the board wouldnt allow it?.......gulp.

[/quote]

How could the board block it?   If they trust the manager to get us out of this battle then they will have to trust his judgement on which players he needs to do the job,  otherwise they completely undermine him.

Whatever I think of roeder (and its not flattering) the board can not be allowed to interfer in player selection,  that must and can only ever be the managers decision. 

The problem with Sibierski is that Roeder saw him as a target man, which he is not and never has been. It''s just Roeder trying to be clever again, playing a player out of position or where he is not altogether comfortable or suited for. But then again he knows best..............

[quote user="JohnoBono"]The problem with Sibierski is that Roeder saw him as a target man, which he is not and never has been. It''s just Roeder trying to be clever again, playing a player out of position or where he is not altogether comfortable or suited for. But then again he knows best..............[/quote]

Just a GR sees Rusty as a striker, the man is a fool

[quote user="Barclayman artist formerly known as Barclayboy"]'''' I have got huge respect for Antoine Sibierski," he said. "He always gives his all, he acts like a professional should act - we could really have done with him around the place these next couple of games ''''

If Roeder thinks that Sibierski''s stay here was a productive one then were in even more trouble than we thought. He always gives his all?

So did Eddie ''the Eagle'' Edwards. Doesnt make you any good tho does it. Im quite sure i would ''give my all'', whether that would be enough to have a positive impact on the team is highly unlikely.

I for one am so glad he wont be ''around the place for the next couple of games''.
[/quote]did you expect anything else..apart from drivel