Sign in to follow this  
Hamster

Mark Robins For Norwich Manager

[quote user="Rusty trombone"]But Grant had passion and grit... He done a really great job didn''t he[/quote]And had connections with the club.Robins is definitely a man who''d be on my shortlist. But he wouldn''t be the only one. My front runner would be Steve Tilson.

[quote user="Rusty trombone"]But Grant had passion and grit... He done a really great job didn''t he[/quote]

But he had no managerial experience.

[quote user="Lrrr"]Why is Tilson''s stock so high? He took Southend to the Championship, and then has taken straight back down again and they are no to closer to getting back as they are going down again.
[/quote]they were in no purticular order.   at this minue in time i would take roland rat over glen roedant

[quote user="Lrrr"]Why is Tilson''s stock so high? He took Southend to the Championship, and then has taken straight back down again and they are no to closer to getting back as they are going down again.[/quote]Indeed.  We got rid of Worthington for taking us up to the Prem and straight down again and being no closer to getting back...I would like to see Boothroyd/Mackay getting a go.

What is the obsession with wanting ex-canaries as potential managers? So they might have played here a few years ago, and played well/showed ''passion'' for the club, but if they don''t have the managerial credentials to back that up then what''s the point? I can''t imagine that any of the managers we''ve had over the years have not wanted to succeed (including Roeder), so where does having passion for the club and determination come into it? And if you''re going to say that it influences the players, well I''m sorry, I can''t imagine many players really care about the badge these days, bunch of mercenaries. If the mans good enough for the job then then mans good enough for the job, but people wanting the likes of Iwan, Dion etc. (not necessarily including Robins in this) just because they''ve been here before must be stark raving mad.

I''d love to see Mark Robins installed as manager. Another chap who I think we be good is Mickey Phelan. He hadn''t crossed my mind til I saw he''d been added on the Roeder Out website. Assistant manager to Sir Alex at the moment. Saying that though, it''s very unlikely he''d want to come.

[quote user="Mister Chops"]I would like to see Boothroyd/Mackay getting a go.
[/quote]

That is the most attractive combination to me as well from the current list of possibles - some history with the club, but also have achieved something at this level.  Only concern would be that when the cash dried up so did the success for Boothroyd which may be a problem for him here.

Love to see him here.

Boothroyd and Malky sounds like clogger long-ball hell to me I''m afraid. Boothroyd didn''t exactly inspire total football, and Malky was hardly known for his range of passing...

I hadn''t heard anything about Robins getting in trouble for hitting his wife. I did hear that his sale from Norwich was rushed through because he was rumoured to have had a bit of Deehan''s daughter. Who may have been underage. But I''m sure that is rubbish and I am in no way making any form of accusation or suggesting that the rumour has any truth. So don''t sue me.

[quote user="canarydan23"]

I hadn''t heard anything about Robins getting in trouble for hitting his wife. I did hear that his sale from Norwich was rushed through because he was rumoured to have had a bit of Deehan''s daughter. Who may have been underage. But I''m sure that is rubbish and I am in no way making any form of accusation or suggesting that the rumour has any truth. So don''t sue me.

[/quote]

you have added the last part of that because you, sir, are an ar*ehole, do you think thats bloody funny?

Mods, Do your job with this thread please!

jas :)

It was a pretty well-known rumour at the time. Someone else must''ve heard it. The underage bit might''ve been a fabrication, I think she was 17 or 18. Still a bit sketch though.

Anyway, like I said previously, I''d love Mark Robins to replace Roeder, at the moment I''m thinking he''d be my number one preference.