Sign in to follow this  
Barbie

Lita to blades

Struggling to agree personal terms though!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/sheff_utd/7826518.stm

Hmm - maybe, maybe not...

Blades have bid for Lita accepted

Reading striker Leroy Lita

Lita scored seven goals in 16 starts for Norwich City this season.

Sheffield United have had a seven-figure bid for striker Leroy Lita accepted by Reading.

However, in a club statement, the Blades say they are struggling to agree terms with the player''s agent.

It''s pretty clear he won''t sign. Wants to let his contract run down then have a pay day.

Better hope he doesn''t break his leg though.

In one way this might help us - as if Lita refuses to move he may well fall out with Reading again - and then pop up on loan in Feb.

Long shot but you never know. He won''t join Sheff U though.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]

Sheffield United have had a seven-figure bid for striker Leroy Lita accepted by Reading.

However, in a club statement, the Blades say they are struggling to agree terms with the player''s agent.

[/quote]if he doesnt want to go there...he can still see out the rest of his contract and be free in the summer

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="blahblahblah"]

[/quote]if he doesnt want to go there...he can still see out the rest of his contract and be free in the summer[/quote]

I would be surprised if he goes to a club so far north and one that isn''t guaranteed to get promotion. His roots are in the south, Bristol and Reading, so I reckon he will wait and see. Will probably be proved wrong and he''ll score a hatrick against us in the next round of the FA Cup.

Sheff utd have a bit of money to play with now, to sell Beatie for £3m and get Lita for £1m is good business in my book.

Ginger Pele.

He''d pick a team devoid of passion and ability and destined for the drop unless

they ditch their bull***tting ''Manager'' over a side challenging for at least a play off place!

Mmmmmmmmmmmmm Tough call!!!!!!!

Which would I choose????????? (And I''m a City fan!!!!!!)

Where would you go? Honestly????????

Why would Lita want to come to Norwich ?

Roeder played him up front all alone in most matches, he must have felt very lonely !

While we had Lupoli, Cort and Sibierski (if not injured) all on the bench or in the stands.

He wanted help up front and not to be there alone, running around with no chance of getting the ball.

Why did Earnshaw leave because NW started to play him up front all on his own and maybe for one match that is ok but your are not going to play 1-4-5-1 all the time. Forwards and ''supporters'' don''t like that at all and you are going to lose most matches, it''s not working having the ball a lot in midfield but you can not make it count up front !!!!

Count the empty seats tonight Glen Roeder !

Oh S**t the bed. Please tell me he''s cup-tied and can''t potentially knock us out of the FA cup. Lots of ifs buts and maybes I realise but usually these things come back to haunt us.

I wonder what Jamie''s up to. Probably sobbing into his norwich city duvet and pillow set. The club he loves just don''t want him and to add insult to injury we have a feather weight Italian and a little chap with low batteries playing up front tonight, steady with those kicks Marshy. But hold your horses! Rusty''s available again to play up front and not score again but that doesn''t matter cos he got physical presence, why didn''t we just keep Chris Brown, it suddenly all makes so much sense, doesn''t it? Loosing the will...

good management by sheffield utd

poor managment by reading

although many including myself think reading will go up automatically if they were to miss out (possible if doyle or hunt get injuries) then they could very well meet sheffutd in the playoffs and some point

and wouldnt it be ironic if lita got the winning goal

We''ll probably get knocked out tonight anyway so it won''t make much of a difference.

A seven figure sum seems ludicrous considering he was getting touted for around £300k the other week.

If this deal goes through, i hope Sheff Utd gain promotion at the expence of Reading! It would really serve them right to lose out on 50 million(what promotion would get them), all for getting 700k more than what we were prepared to pay!

[quote user="colneycanary"]Seems absolutely crazy to sell him to a big promotion rival like Sheffield Utd.[/quote]

He has been quoted in today edp that he is not going anywhere he is staying to help Reading promotion push and Coppell wants him to stay,

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="colneycanary"]Seems absolutely crazy to sell him to a big promotion rival like Sheffield Utd.[/quote]

He has been quoted in today edp that he is not going anywhere he is staying to help Reading promotion push and Coppell wants him to stay,

[/quote]That was yesterday, and today Reading have accepted a bid from Sheffield for Lita. It''s being reported everywhere now!

[quote user="colneycanary"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]That was yesterday, and today Reading have accepted a bid from Sheffield for Lita. It''s being reported everywhere now![/quote]Well, he has rejected the move. The cynic in me thinks he may be happy collecting a big wage at Reading and he could get a hefty signing on fee as a free agent in the summer.

he''s turned it down to stay at Reading. I think the loan to us was for match practice rather than to put himslef in the shop window. Might be wrong though.