Sign in to follow this  
ellis206

For people who are not renewing their season tickets

For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they. Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back!

Ellis. Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money. Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they.
Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back!
[/quote]

I think you mean "we need supporters who don''t mind having the p*ss taken out of them by a clueless board of directors who''s ambitions lie firmly away from the pitch, and a manager who simply will not give the clubs "own" players a fair go", and has single handedly turned the team into an unrecognisable collection of loanee''s.  The hard times you refer to have been entirley self inflicted.   The fact we''re losing £10,000 per day is not "hard times", it''s a clear indication that this club is being run very badly.  People banging on about how they''re "true" supporters is far more annoying than listening to fed up loyal supporters, who simply cannot back the current hierachy by spending a fortune on season tickets.

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they.
Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back!
[/quote]

so the cedit crunch has oabviously passed you by then.... idiot!

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they. Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back! [/quote]

[/quote]Are you on the sauce already Jas? [:D]

[quote user="Clipped Canary"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Are you on the sauce already Jas? [:D]
[/quote]

if you wired me up to a drip i''d need 100% pure of the stuff mate ;)

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis.

Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money.
 Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.

This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.
[/quote]

Brilliant response - bes

ELLIS... I would like to know how long exactly you have had your season ticket ? (apart from the fact i have been a member since 1979) the reason i am asking is this really.... DID you first get yours when ncfc were in such a dire mess ? or was it when we were playing half decent football with our OWN players ?People have had enough, and it is entirely up to them to express their anger on these types of sites as it is a free country you know.I also admire your passion for our club and i am slightly jealous of the fact that i was once like you, but all the faith and passion that i once had has been ripped out of me over the last 3 or 4 years and i am now in the situation where i have none left.The manager certainly won''t listen to us meagre fans, the board might listen but won''t or can''t do anything about it, so it is up to the.... and i quote from you : THE REAL FANS.. to start voting with their feet and staying away until such times that the club sorts it''s own mess out.It is time to stand up and be counted, and you can''t be counted if you are still sitting on your seat ! 

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis. Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money. Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.[/quote]If you''re trying to make an analogy between your son''s irresponsible behaviour & that of the Board, then I''m afraid it''s one of the worst I''ve ever seen.For starters, is your son injecting large amounts of his own hard earned money into this ''enterprise''?

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis.

Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money.
 Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.

[/quote]

If you''re trying to make an analogy between your son''s irresponsible behaviour & that of the Board, then I''m afraid it''s one of the worst I''ve ever seen.
For starters, is your son injecting large amounts of his own hard earned money into this ''enterprise''?

[/quote]

If you are talking about injecting large amounts of hard earned money into this Enterprise, I think you can say that S T money don''t come easy, I have been a season ticket holder for many years so has my son as well as my Grand children and then away tickets along with travel to those away matches In one season alone I spent £2.450, so in answer to your question we all pay our own personal funds into our club

[quote user="pete_norw"]

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis. Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money. Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.[/quote]If you''re trying to make an analogy between your son''s irresponsible behaviour & that of the Board, then I''m afraid it''s one of the worst I''ve ever seen.For starters, is your son injecting large amounts of his own hard earned money into this ''enterprise''?[/quote]

If you are talking about injecting large amounts of hard earned money into this Enterprise, I think you can say that S T money don''t come easy, I have been a season ticket holder for many years so has my son as well as my Grand children and then away tickets along with travel to those away matches In one season alone I spent £2.450, so in answer to your question we all pay our own personal funds into our club

[/quote]I quite agree, but I fail to see the connection with the aforesaid analogy.

[quote user="SNAP"]

[quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis.

[/quote]

Brilliant response - bes

[/quote]

Post of the year so far.  Sums it up for me.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="pete_norw"]

[/quote]

If you''re trying to make an analogy between your son''s irresponsible behaviour & that of the Board, then I''m afraid it''s one of the worst I''ve ever seen.
For starters, is your son injecting large amounts of his own hard earned money into this ''enterprise''?

[/quote]

[/quote]

I quite agree, but I fail to see the connection with the aforesaid analogy.

[/quote]

I was just pointing out that it''s not only Delia who is putting her hard earned cash into our club

In a way, I would quite like it if less people renewed. there was (in my opinion) a much better atmosphere in Carra Rud in the mid nineties when only 15 or 16000 would turn up, but at least they cared and were passionate about the club.

[/quote]

[/quote]

No and nor are the club''s owners "injecting".  They are "investing". 

[quote user="The Saturday Boy"]In a way, I would quite like it if less people renewed. there was (in my opinion) a much better atmosphere in Carra Rud in the mid nineties when only 15 or 16000 would turn up, but at least they cared and were passionate about the club.
[/quote]

Are  you saying we don''t care anymore then ,even though we get 24000+ It''s the board who don''t care, Not the fans

Ellis, firstly who the hell do you think you are questioning the loyalty of people you have never even met? I have been a season ticket holder for the last 12 years & prior to that I have been going very regularly since 1985/6. I am now undecided on whether I''ll renew, or not due to the current state of the club & for my own reasons (family/financial). How our club is unable to compete with clubs half our size is beyond belief & to be honest I have been drained of nearly all my passion! I''ll forever have my club running through my veins but something HAS to change & until it does I may just stay away.

[quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis. Yesterday I gave my 16 year old son his £20 pocket money. He put a tenner in a fruit machine and bought a £10 draw with the rest. Last week he went out and bought 24 cans of Stella. The week before he put a fiver on a horse bought 40 fags and 5 quids worth of chocolate. The week before that got drunk and lost a tenner. This behaviours been going on for many months now possibly years we give him pocket money he wastes it time and again when we go on holiday just after Christmas or the summer he has no money saved even though he knows all year that this is when he''ll need it so he has to borrow from us and he''s run up quite a debt there too. We''re also sick to the back teeth of all the lies and covering up when we ask what''s happened to his money. Next Saturday I shan''t be giving him his pocket money. We''ve decided enough is enough and he''ll not be getting any more from us until he''s sorted himself out and learned to be responsible.This does not mean he''s not our son and it does not mean we don''t love him.[/quote]If you''re trying to make an analogy between your son''s irresponsible behaviour & that of the Board, then I''m afraid it''s one of the worst I''ve ever seen.For starters, is your son injecting large amounts of his own hard earned money into this ''enterprise''?[/quote]Yes he has a weekly paper round monday to saturday and delivers Sunday mornings too. He makes about ten quid a week which he is surprisingly very careful about how and where he spends, quite often he tucks it away in his post office savings account as an investment, it just seems to be the money we hand him so freely that he wastes week in week out.

[quote user="ellis206"] if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what.
[/quote]

Rubbish, a true fan would show discontent toward a failing regime and do everything in his/her power to change it. We pay good money to the club and get very little if nothing in return. We dont even own our own squad anymore.

[quote user="No Quarter"]

[/quote]

I think you mean "we need supporters who don''t mind having the p*ss taken out of them by a clueless board of directors who''s ambitions lie firmly away from the pitch, and a manager who simply will not give the clubs "own" players a fair go", and has single handedly turned the team into an unrecognisable collection of loanee''s.  The hard times you refer to have been entirley self inflicted.   The fact we''re losing £10,000 per day is not "hard times", it''s a clear indication that this club is being run very badly.  People banging on about how they''re "true" supporters is far more annoying than listening to fed up loyal supporters, who simply cannot back the current hierachy by spending a fortune on season tickets.

[/quote]

Well said.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="ellis206"] if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what.
[/quote]

Rubbish, a true fan would show discontent toward a failing regime and do everything in his/her power to change it. We pay good money to the club and get very little if nothing in return. We dont even own our own squad anymore.

[/quote]

As we did with the Chase regime.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Spot on, the fans who continue to see no wrong in the way the club has been run for far to long now are the sort of fans the club don''t need. If it was down to them their darling Delia would continue ruining this club until it ends up in the conference.

[quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t he hounded out to be replaced by........................................................................

Oh the irony of it all out of the frying pad into the chefs pot Ho ho ho.

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Lord Horn"][quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Wasn''t he hounded out to be replaced by........................................................................

Oh the irony of it all out of the frying pad into the chefs pot Ho ho ho.

[/quote]

Pity you aren''t a bit more interested in the welfare of our club and a bit less in spreading dodgy rumours from your cosy cosy board loving mates.

[quote user="ellis206"]

Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, [/quote]

They have been supporting the team since we got relegated from The Premiership but there comes a time when people face reality.

I have a right like everybody else to voice an opinion and the football at the moment is ........ Furthermore theres little HOPE of it getting better. 

So who are you to define what a TRUE supporter is?  

PS I''ve nearly clocked up over 45 years.......hardly a glory hunter, LOL!

Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice.

[quote user="The Prisoner"][quote user="ron obvious"][quote user="The Prisoner"]Ellis.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes he has a weekly paper round monday to saturday and delivers Sunday mornings too. He makes about ten quid a week which he is surprisingly very careful about how and where he spends, quite often he tucks it away in his post office savings account as an investment, it just seems to be the money we hand him so freely that he wastes week in week out.
[/quote]

Lol.............by an amazing co-incidence that happens to lots of other people I know.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="ellis206"]For everyone who has decided to stop renewing their season tickets, why do you feel the need to tell everybody about it? Every day I log on here and someone is saying how they are not going to bother renewing their season tickets because they are unhappy, well good riddance, we need true fans at Carrow Road now who will back the club through the hard times and not do a runner when things aren''t going our way, it''s amazing how many people took up season tickets when we were doing well but are suddenly ripping their tickets up because we''re doing poorly, these "fans" will soon come running back if our fortunes turned around again won''t they. Don''t even bother replying with sob storys such as your not stepping foot into Carrow Road until Roeder or the board goes again, if you were a fan you''d get behind the TEAM no matter what, if Norwich get relegated (which I''m certain they won''t) then I''ll still follow them to as many home and away games as I did whilst we were in the Premiership and Championship. If your ripping up your ticket then goodbye and don''t come back! [/quote]

[/quote]You''ve missed the point completely. I''m not having a rant at people who cannot afford to attend matches anymore, that is unfortunate and I feel sorry for them, it would kill me if I physically could not afford to watch my team anymore, my ranting was about the people who have decided to stop going to matches because we''re not winning week in week out. People are quick to moan on here about the lack of loyal players we''ve had in the past (Earnshaw, Etuhu etc) yet they are just as bad themselves, what happened to the loyal fan?

[quote user="ellis206"]Ok so would you say that a true supporter is someone who moans and stops going to matches when things are not going our way? Or would you say a true supporter is somebody who sticks by NCFC no matter what problems we face? Because the latter certainly seems the more obvious choice. [/quote]How about a supporter who decides that the past few years have been utterly wasted by an incompetent board, that millions upon millions of investment has been miss-spent or gone missing, and that for the good of the club he should try and help force out the board by any means necessary, rather than watch his once-great club fall into permanent League One obscurity?