Sign in to follow this  
Andy Larkin

URGENT MESSAGE FOR NUTTY NIGEL, CANARY ANGEL OR ANYONE THAT KNEW ARRDEE WELL!!!!!

I took it upon myself to contact Will Hoy (as a friend of a friend etc etc) at the club with reference to a tannoy announcement regarding our dear Arddee.Will has responded with a request for a few lines about Ray so that they can make an announcement (I asked for both tonights game and the Saturday match as well).Now, I only know Arrdee from his posts on here, so would someone that knew him well be so kind as to offer me a few lines that I can pass back to Will for reading out tonight and (hopefully Saturday).I hope people won''t be offended by my intrusion, but I thought it might be a fitting thing to do!

What a splendid idea, very heart warming. I didnt personally know Arrdee so wouldnt like to say but Im sure anything you devised would be perfectly fitting. Just make sure they say "Arrdee was a lovely old boy"!!

Anyone know how to contact anyone that knew the lovely old boy personally? I know that they will turn up eventually, but by the time offices closes tonight Will won''t be picking up his emails and I don''t have his mobile number or any other way to get the info to him. Maybe its better to leave it until the Saturday game… I''ll wait for the appropriate people to come along and get their opinions!

I''m really glad you''ve done this Andy. Was going to do the very same   

... like many on here, I was in shock after learning about Ray''s passing, and had hoped that the club he loved and supported in many ways would honour him thus and give all a chance to collectively pay their respects.

I''m sad and sorry to say that the limit of my relationship with Ray was through Ardee on this board. One of a kind though. I hope that someone who knew him more intimately can find a form of words to do him justice.

Top bloke,...shed a few tears this morning. R.I.P. Ardee you Lovely Old Boy x

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]Anyone know how to contact anyone that knew the lovely old boy personally?

I know that they will turn up eventually, but by the time offices closes tonight Will won''t be picking up his emails and I don''t have his mobile number or any other way to get the info to him.

Maybe its better to leave it until the Saturday game… I''ll wait for the appropriate people to come along and get their opinions!
[/quote]

Just a thought Andy, but I believe that Nutty Nigel was very close to Arrdee. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to PM to see if he can come up with something, rather than going via the board?

Great idea, by the way!

[quote user="Sports Desk - Pete"]I''ve sent Lappinitup a text regarding this message.[/quote]Many thanks Pete … and for making Uncle Bunny''s shorts a sticky!

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Just a thought Andy, but I believe that Nutty Nigel was very close to Arrdee. Perhaps it would be worthwhile for you to PM to see if he can come up with something, rather than going via the board?

Great idea, by the way!

[/quote]Already done that Beau… just waiting for a reply matey!

[quote user="lappinitup"]Thanks Andy. I have sent you an e-mail.[/quote]Got it thanks Lap… replied, so just check your spam in case I''ve ended up there by chance!

Might be an idea for someone to text or ring into canary call tonight to say a few words.

I''ve just spoken to Nutty Nigel and we think the best route is to allow him to compose something that he would like to be read out, but most importantly he would appreciate the chance to run it past Arrdee''s family. I have contacted Will to ask him to have the tribute read out as near to kick off on Saturday as is possible. I hope thats ok with everyone?A little bit of a breather to make sure we get the right tribute is probably the best way to go, as these things have a way of coming out horribly differently from how they were intended.I hope you''re all in agreeance… so hopefully on Saturday, the announcer will say the right words, and it would be fitting if all those that knew him or knew of him on here, stood up and gave him a lovely old round of applause. I know the club could not sanction a minute''s silence or a minute''s round of applause, but you never know, maybe we could get one of our own going all the same!Thanks to all that helped me get in touch with NN… much appreciated!

[quote user="Andy Larkin"]I''ve just spoken to Nutty Nigel and we think the best route is to allow him to compose something that he would like to be read out, but most importantly he would appreciate the chance to run it past Arrdee''s family. I have contacted Will to ask him to have the tribute read out as near to kick off on Saturday as is possible. I hope thats ok with everyone?

A little bit of a breather to make sure we get the right tribute is probably the best way to go, as these things have a way of coming out horribly differently from how they were intended.

I hope you''re all in agreeance… so hopefully on Saturday, the announcer will say the right words, and it would be fitting if all those that knew him or knew of him on here, stood up and gave him a lovely old round of applause. I know the club could not sanction a minute''s silence or a minute''s round of applause, but you never know, maybe we could get one of our own going all the same!

Thanks to all that helped me get in touch with NN… much appreciated!
[/quote]sounds good...will be clapping saturday :-) r.i.p lovely ole boy

Just heard back from Will Hoy. He will gladly have an announcement read out when we have supplied him with the appropriate words. Understandably they can''t have it just before kick off, but he has suggested that he could arrange it for about 2.50pm, so all those slackers that are late into their seats will have to make an effort to get seated a bit earlier on Saturday to give old Arrdee a suitable tribute… not much to ask really!Thanking you all for your efforts in advance!

Thats a great idea Andy, thanks for doing that. I think that a message read out on Saturday would be the best idea as I think its only going to be about 13,500 tonight and that includes 500 Charlton fans and 1000 kids for £1.

Nutty Nigel is the best person to give you a quote, you can email or pm him on here.

cityangel

[quote user="cityangel"]

Thats a great idea Andy, thanks for doing that. I think that a message read out on Saturday would be the best idea as I think its only going to be about 13,500 tonight and that includes 500 Charlton fans and 1000 kids for £1.

Nutty Nigel is the best person to give you a quote, you can email or pm him on here.

cityangel

[/quote]CA, thanks. I have spoken to NN and he is going about it.I know the club don''t get many positive postings on here but Will Hoy just phoned me to say if we could get some words to him by tomorrow afternoon, he will also get something into the programme for Saturday in the way of a tribute. They didn''t have to do that, it was their contribution, but I thought it was a nice touch.

I''ve also asked NN, as long as it''s ok with his family, if I can run the announcement on the PinkUn newsfeed on the homepage.

I think Nutty Nigel might be the best person for this. However I''m not sure this board is at the top of his agenda at the minute after all this. So I can email him asking for his opinions if you like. That is unless it''s allready sorted.

Brilliant idea though.

Just seen he has allready been contacted. That''s good. I agree regarding the Barnsley game instead. Many will miss it tonight.