Sign in to follow this  
canary cherub

An Outsider's View of our predicament

Another great article.

From one struggling former Premier League club to another. Norwich are now involved in a genuine relegation scrap and without the goals of Leroy Lita, it is difficult to see them pulling away from the bottom end of the table any time soon. Glenn Roeder inspires little faith and his reliance on loan signings, many of whom have made little significant impact, seems highly short sighted. Finances are a problem for him, but even the most cash strapped sides normally manage to bring in cheap signings and Bosmans in the summer. It cannot be good for dressing room morale, particularly in a struggling team, to have most of the line-up comprised of players who don''t belong to the club and are unlikely to remain on a long term basis. Equally, loaning out Jamie Cureton at a time when he has been the only forward actually owned by Norwich for much of the season was a baffling decision. Pinning hopes on Carl Cort, without a league goal since March 2006 and in semi-retirement with Marbella a few months ago would seem to be clutching at straws.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Another great article.

From one struggling former Premier League club to another. Norwich are now involved in a genuine relegation scrap and without the goals of Leroy Lita, it is difficult to see them pulling away from the bottom end of the table any time soon. Glenn Roeder inspires little faith and his reliance on loan signings, many of whom have made little significant impact, seems highly short sighted. Finances are a problem for him, but even the most cash strapped sides normally manage to bring in cheap signings and Bosmans in the summer. It cannot be good for dressing room morale, particularly in a struggling team, to have most of the line-up comprised of players who don''t belong to the club and are unlikely to remain on a long term basis. Equally, loaning out Jamie Cureton at a time when he has been the only forward actually owned by Norwich for much of the season was a baffling decision. Pinning hopes on Carl Cort, without a league goal since March 2006 and in semi-retirement with Marbella a few months ago would seem to be clutching at straws.

[/quote]

Absolutely spot on!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]If some of us fans can see it, and outsiders can see it, why can''t the rest of our fans see it? [:^)][/quote]It''s yellow and green blinkers.Don''t forget Delia saved our club,she would never lie to us or stop any investors.She ment well and has the club at heart ,but sadly she has no idea how a football club should be run.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

Another great article.

[/quote]nail head

It''s just so tragic, and I wish there were answers and solutions to all the questions fans had.  Sadly there are no fast answers to any of our questions.

We can all surely see what''s happening at the club? 

[quote user="Sing up the river end "][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]If some of us fans can see it, and outsiders can see it, why can''t the rest of our fans see it? [:^)][/quote]It''s yellow and green blinkers.Don''t forget Delia saved our club,she would never lie to us or stop any investors.She ment well and has the club at heart ,but sadly she has no idea how a football club should be run.[/quote]

Did anyone else see the BBC documentary on Alan Sugar on sunday night? He admitted that becoming chairman of spurs was a huge mistake (10 years wasted) and he found himself in a business environment and circle of people he had very little knowledge of. Rupert Lowe at Southampton is another example of someone meddling where he shouldn''t. These people want to be involved in running football clubs but have no idea what they''re doing. Yes we need investment and Delia has done a lot for the club but it''s time she went back to what she does best, cooking.

[quote user="LORD FOXY LOWE"]

Did anyone else see the BBC documentary on Alan Sugar on sunday night? He admitted that becoming chairman of spurs was a huge mistake (10 years wasted) and he found himself in a business environment and circle of people he had very little knowledge of. Rupert Lowe at Southampton is another example of someone meddling where he shouldn''t. These people want to be involved in running football clubs but have no idea what they''re doing. Yes we need investment and Delia has done a lot for the club but it''s time she went back to what she does best, cooking.[/quote]

Many owners don''t really understand what running a football club is all about. 

Some of them have the sense to realise it, take a back seat and appoint people who know what they''re doing.  That could still happen here, but I don''t think it will.

[quote user="A Load of Squit"]

Who is Mark Murphy? And why should we believe what he says?

[/quote]

now im no detective, but looking at the site im willing to bet..... he is a hull city fan! what do i win?

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

now im no detective, but looking at the site im willing to bet..... he is a hull city fan! what do i win?

[/quote]

Why do you think you deserve a prize when you''ve only answered the first question?

[quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Why do you think you deserve a prize when you''ve only answered the first question?

[/quote]

so you would send me a prize if i answered the 2nd one eh???? *puts thinking hat on*

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

so you would send me a prize if i answered the 2nd one eh???? *puts thinking hat on*

[/quote]How about because he tells us what we want to hear?

[quote user="BigFish"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"][quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="A Load of Squit"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

How about because he tells us what we want to hear?
[/quote]

So your willing to believe someone you have no knowledge of because he tells you want you want to hear. Ever heard of the tale of ''The Emporers New Clothes"?