Sign in to follow this  
TheCardinal

Just had a reponse from Neil Doncaster

Criticise him and the board all you like, but one thing I do like about Neil is his approachability. He really will take time to speak and email fans.Anyway, about a month ago I wrote to him outlining my complaints about GR, and I think it''s fair to say without divulging too much (and thus being deleted from here) he responded in defence of Roeder. Saturday I emailed him again, following the defeat about Sheffield Utd. I get home today to find another response - this time without any defence of GR whatsoever. Interesting? Guess we''ll wait and see. 

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Criticise him and the board all you like, but one thing I do like about Neil is his approachability. He really will take time to speak and email fans.

Anyway, about a month ago I wrote to him outlining my complaints about GR, and I think it''s fair to say without divulging too much (and thus being deleted from here) he responded in defence of Roeder.

Saturday I emailed him again, following the defeat about Sheffield Utd. I get home today to find another response - this time without any defence of GR whatsoever. Interesting? Guess we''ll wait and see. 
[/quote]for what aother 3 or 4 defeats when it will be to late.....the board needs to act NOW!!!! but as we know they are not 1 for acting when needed

[quote user="TheMarshmallowMonkey"]Criticise him and the board all you like, but one thing I do like about Neil is his approachability. He really will take time to speak and email fans.

Anyway, about a month ago I wrote to him outlining my complaints about GR, and I think it''s fair to say without divulging too much (and thus being deleted from here) he responded in defence of Roeder.

Saturday I emailed him again, following the defeat about Sheffield Utd. I get home today to find another response - this time without any defence of GR whatsoever. Interesting? Guess we''ll wait and see. 
[/quote]

please send me a copy of his reply in PM mate.. i''d be very greatful...

jas :)

Doncaster get''s a lot of undeserved stick on here.

He''s approachable, far more than most Chief Exec''s of other football clubs and large compasnies i''m sure. He takes time out to reply to e-mails from fans (i''m sure there''s many) and quite willingly will give you his telephone contact if you want a personal chat.

When talking in the media, you need to remember he''s only doing his job; you might not agree with what he says but when in his role you are going to back Ncfc! And with regard to his high salary...you are hardly going to turn down the money are you!

Back to the thread, i would also be interested in seeing the reply, if ur willing to PM.

you have to listen to your clients at the end of the day; NO CLIENTS NO BUSINESS, NO BALLS , NO EXCUSES N.D. NEEDS TO SHOW WHAT HE''S REALLY MADE OF

For what it''s worth, I''ve not sent the response out in a PM simply because other than the already highlighted point (ie defence of Roeder in first, no defence in second) the replies are otherwise of no interest. Like I said, I found it interesting, that''s all. For what it''s worth, though, I''ll post my emails to him, the first written on 28th November:Dear Mr Doncaster,I''m writing to you to express my deep concern about the club. I''m

sure you''ll agree it''s difficult to watch us struggling as we are just

outside of the relegation zone. We look a disjointed side exceptionally

low on confidence and I struggle to see where the points are going to

come from. On top of that, we are entering the season-defining period

of fixtures from Ipswich on the 7th right through to February. During

this period, we play a set of teams that we really should be beating if

we are to escape a relegation fight. I fear if we continue as we are

now, we will fail to pick the necessary points up, and by February it

will be much too late to do anything.In short, I feel we''re approaching the point of no return.

Something needs to be done, and shamefully I''ve come to the conclusion

that we require a change of manager.Glenn Roeder seems to me to

be manager who can do some things very well and others exceptionally

poorly. I think the side he''s built for us is a potentially talented

one. If you were to tell me just a couple of seasons ago we would be

watching a side with the likes of Wes Hoolahan, David Bell, Leroy Lita

and David Marshall in, I''d have been a happy man! But despite this

obvious talent, it just doesn''t seem to go right. I acknowledge that you can''t keep sacking managers. It just doesn''t

work. But I think with the economic climate as it is and finances at

the club seemingly at the worst for some time, we need a manager able

to work in these conditions and get the best of what we''ve got. We need

someone like Harry Redknapp, someone to come in and really install the

confidence and organisation back into a seemingly broken group of

people. I really do believe the squad we have is talented enough not

only to drag us out of a relegation battle but go on to do something

more. We must give credit to Mr Roeder for that. But it seems we''re

faced with a situation which Mr Roeder doesn''t seem able to solve. So it''s with much regret that I write this email expressing this

viewpoint. Mr Roeder has been one of the better managers of recent

time; certinately a better manager for spotting talent than Mr Grant

and Mr Worthington. I just think he lacks the man management skills

which would allow him to take us forward. As always, thank you for taking the time to read this email.Kind regards

And...Dear Mr Doncaster,I write to you following my correspondance

with yourself below to reiterate my opinions to you following today''s

disappointing loss at Sheffield Utd.I am deeply, deeply

concerned about the current plight we find ourselves in. After the

disappointments of last season, we now find ourselves in equally as

worrying a position. I appreciate that it is the board''s opinion that

stability is a vitally important element when considering how best to

sort the problems we find ourselves in, but I strongly believe with the

current financial situation, we need a manager capable of getting the

best out of what we''ve got. Sadly, I now strongly believe that isn''t

Glenn Roeder.Mr Roeder appears to have an excellent eye for spotting talent and

I do believe he has built a squad with genuine talent and ability

throughout. However, whenever I watch the team in action, they appear

very nervous and unorganised. I think we need a manager and a backroom

staff who will inspire the level of confident that will allow our

players to go out and perform.The only club now on a poorer run of form is Charlton Athletic. We

run a very great risk of being relegated - and I implore you and the

other members of the board at Norwich City FC to act and try to turn

this club around. Thank you for reading this email.Kind regards,

Unfortunately I also emailed Neil and got a response today and he was very much up for how Glenn played it on Saturday.  Without going into detail I could not find a chink in his armour during the three email conversation, he was convinced that putting Bell on and playing to feet for the last 20 minutes was better than going route one.I suggested Aidy Boothroyd as a proven, young hungry manager who would jump at the chance to manage the club - Neil said his proven track record was one promotion.Thats one more than Glenns go under his belt though Neil....

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Unfortunately I also emailed Neil and got a response today and he was very much up for how Glenn played it on Saturday. 

Without going into detail I could not find a chink in his armour during the three email conversation, he was convinced that putting Bell on and playing to feet for the last 20 minutes was better than going route one.

I suggested Aidy Boothroyd as a proven, young hungry manager who would jump at the chance to manage the club - Neil said his proven track record was one promotion.

Thats one more than Glenns go under his belt though Neil....

[/quote]

You couldn''t find an Asian person in his armour?! What sort of racist are you?!

He does usually reply which I give him credit for, but what annoys me is that when you ask questions he usually replies with questions back. Very evasive.

[/quote]

The response I got seems to confirm Doncasters shift in view on Roeder, as it was a point I made about his bad attitude to the fans, all other points I made he answered, apart from that one.

I''m not going to give Neil Doncaster any credit at all for replying to emails from fans. I don''t see the point in emailing him in the first place. He''s never going to accept any criticism of himself or other members of staff instead he will stand solid with all of them and play back with a firm straight bat. So what is the point ? I have a very low opinion of him and the way he has run our club. He and his cronies have in my opinion smugly presided over the worst period at Norwich City in my life time but he will never accept that. God knows where we will end up, but the old third division seems to be sucking us in and I see no alarm at all coming from the ivory towers at Carrow Road. The last time we plied our trade in the old third division was half a century ago ! If we are relegated then it is my belief that it is unlikely we will return to the Championship and talk of 15000 season ticket holders in League One is frankly absolute nonsense. We are on the slippery slope and no one at Carrow Road seems to have the nous to see it and the notion that we would benefit from relegation is so risible it really is not worth commenting on. The self-satisfaction and "above criticism" mentality that emanates from Carrow Road is so depressing. So, no, I''m not going to indulge in tolerance and moderation at all towards anybody who has authority over the direction our beloved club has taken over recent years.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]
I suggested Aidy Boothroyd as a proven, young hungry manager who would jump at the chance to manage the club - Neil said his proven track record was one promotion.

[/quote]

1 promotion, 2 play offs, and 1 FA cup semi, actually Neil.

[quote user="Arturo Whittlupoli"]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

[/quote]

1 promotion, 2 play offs, and 1 FA cup semi, actually Neil.

[/quote]And also knows this club inside out, which helps too!

[quote user="whoareyou"]Doomcaster will kweep ''spinning'' til the whole of Norwich has turned dizzy!  [:(][/quote]Well a CE who doesn''t toe the board''s line isn''t going to last long, is he? What would you do if you were on the board, appoint a loose cannon who speaks his mind and criticises his employers?

Lets not forget Worthington had a fall-out with the Board when Aidy left the Academy for another club (Leeds, I think).  He said at the time it was a big mistake letting such a talented coach leave, simply because they wouldn''t offer any extra cash to try and keep him.  With that in mind, I think it''s unlikely Aidy Boothroyd would be brought back to NCFC (not unless Delia is baking a humble pie...)

I find the fact that our CEO (who earns £180,000 for a three day week) spends all his time answering fans emails rather concerning! Should he not have a PA on a 10th of that answering emails!!!  FFS and we wonder why NCFC is in such a mess!

[quote user="Ren"]I find the fact that our CEO (who earns £180,000 for a three day week) spends all his time answering fans emails rather concerning! Should he not have a PA on a 10th of that answering emails!!!  FFS and we wonder why NCFC is in such a mess![/quote]

Nail on the head . . .

[quote user="PurpleCanary"]Does anyone have Neil Doncaster''s email address at the club? I''d be grateful for it. Thanks in advance.[/quote]Panic over. Have just remembered it. Amazing how one can forget one''s own email address!!!

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Unfortunately I also emailed Neil and got a response today and he was very much up for how Glenn played it on Saturday. 

Without going into detail I could not find a chink in his armour during the three email conversation, he was convinced that putting Bell on and playing to feet for the last 20 minutes was better than going route one.

Thats one more than Glenns go under his belt though Neil....

[/quote]

You couldn''t find an Asian person in his armour?! What sort of racist are you?!

[/quote]

I thought maybe they had edited out ''crack''.  lol

Renegade:

"Unfortunately I also emailed Neil and got a response today and he was very much up for how Glenn played it on Saturday.

Without going into detail I could not find a *** in his armour during the three email conversation, he was convinced that putting Bell on and playing to feet for the last 20 minutes was better than going route one.

Thats one more than Glenns go under his belt though Neil...."

I too got a reply from him about Bell. I dont disagree with bring bell on at that time, its the putting Doc up front for the last 10 mins i disagree with. He should have taken off bertrand and left doc at the back. I would only have kept semmy on for his pace, thats if he decided to use it, if they countered.

As for Aidy I have to agree with Neil. He good at managing a big physical side but not "little old norwich". Based on his arguement i cant see them being keen on dowie either so Curbs it is.

That''s very interesting Olej, but at least Aidy has a promotion on his CV as you say. He wouldn''t be my first choice as a replacement, but in reality we could all come up with various names, the board don''t want to think about another change. The way I am looking at it at the moment is not what has Glenn Roeder done for us, but rather, what we have done for Glenn Roeder.