Sign in to follow this  
ur just a man in a jacket

tonights attendance....only 12000 home tickets sold!

city have confirmed there has only been 13500 tickets bought for tonight and that includes 1500 allocated to charlton who will prob bring about 500. so not the 18000 people expected!!! oh well, hopefully it will be the die-hard fans going to get behind the team.

CTID OTBS

[quote user="glove1"]

city have confirmed there has only been 13500 tickets bought for tonight and that includes 1500 allocated to charlton who will prob bring about 500. so not the 18000 people expected!!! oh well, hopefully it will be the die-hard fans going to get behind the team.

CTID OTBS

[/quote]

Or maybe its the happy clappy post Cardiff brigade who blindly support everyone no matter what and are part of the reason we are in the mess we are in now who are going. Virtually everyone I know who i would consider to be a hardcore fan is staying away. Personally I just could not be bothered to travel up from london to watch two such appalling teams for the 3rd time in a month. There will be 10,000 under 18s there.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]And 11000 of them are children!! Should make for quite an atmosphere.[/quote]

Listen out for the highest pitch rendition of On The Ball you''ve ever heard![:D]

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]And 11000 of them are children!! Should make for quite an atmosphere.[/quote]

Listen out for the highest pitch rendition of On The Ball you''ve ever heard![:D]

[/quote]

lol thank god we aren''t going, my ears would be bleeding [:D]

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

The trouble is 49'', kids won''t ''kick off'' if we should lose![:S]

If you think tonights crowd is bad wait till next season when half those season ticket holders do not renew because they have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and will refuse to pay out over 300.00 to watch pure dross.  

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

I think the big test of fans feelings will be heard more if we lose at home in league games. [;)]

[quote user="Bomber"]If you think tonights crowd is bad wait till next season when half those season ticket holders do not renew because they have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and will refuse to pay out over 300.00 to watch pure dross.  [/quote]

I know, it really does seem that everybody has quite simply had enough. Not even under Grant did we see such little prosperity. It scares me to think how the club will survive without the the fans to support it. The board have royally f####d the fans over for the last four years and it seems to be payback time.

[quote user="thecanaryfan"]

[quote user="Bomber"]If you think tonights crowd is bad wait till next season when half those season ticket holders do not renew because they have finally seen the light at the end of the tunnel and will refuse to pay out over 300.00 to watch pure dross.  [/quote]

I know, it really does seem that everybody has quite simply had enough. Not even under Grant did we see such little prosperity. It scares me to think how the club will survive without the the fans to support it. The board have royally f####d the fans over for the last four years and it seems to be payback time.

[/quote]

Agreed, and how sad it is to see.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Would be a full house if they didnt take the p*** and gave you cup games as a bonus.  If you look at past form its only 2 matches a year!![/quote]

agreed... with all the crap we have had to endure these last 3 years wouldnt it be nice if the club had made tonights game free entry to all season ticket holders?

jas :)

[quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I WILL BE GOING AND VOICING MY OPINION OF THE MANAGER AND BOARD  win or lose(sitting behind the dug out so hopefully roeder will hear)

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I WILL BE GOING AND VOICING MY OPINION OF THE MANAGER AND BOARD  win or lose(sitting behind the dug out so hopefully roeder will hear)[/quote]

Hope you give him hell lol

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]I WILL BE GOING AND VOICING MY OPINION OF THE MANAGER AND BOARD  win or lose(sitting behind the dug out so hopefully roeder will hear)[/quote]

[/quote]will do my best to p*ss him off

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]will do my best to p*ss him off[/quote]

lol shouldn''t take much, we must really get on his nerves.  He certainly thinks very little of us fans

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="1st Wizard"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]will do my best to p*ss him off[/quote]

lol shouldn''t take much, we must really get on his nerves.  He certainly thinks very little of us fans

[/quote]half time entertainment should be....ROEDER IN STOCKS...ill bring some fruit(mouldy) that would fill the ground for tonights game...lol

I don''t think you will have much trouble making Roeder hear you. There wont be much noise. Let us know back on here if you get any reaction.

I''m going and have decided to sit with the best of the home vocal support in the lower Barclay, so will be assured something to sing about, win or lose,

[quote user="Roed 2 Rouen"]

I''m going and have decided to sit with the best of the home vocal support in the lower Barclay, so will be assured something to sing about, win or lose,

[/quote]

you havent been to a cup game in a while have you??? it will be casuals and kids in Arsenal shirts on cup night.... there wont be any singing "regulars" there and if you stand up and try and start a song there will be chuckles from those around you who really dont get it....

#2 04 Jan 2009 00:15Complain | Quote and reply to userReply to user
Signed: September 2004re: FA Cup game, Norwich ...
Hall of Fame
Hall of Fame

went today, sat in north lower for first time, took a couple of non-charlton mates for their first valley game.

first thoughts, terrible attendance figures. norwich fans were laughing at us and rightly so.  [:)]

back to the football, and first off, i thought matt holland had a sterling captain''s performance at centre back. reminded me of chris perry, he slotted into the role just fine. shelvey was fantastic, particularly first half, and i believe he has become the youngest ever fa cup goalscorer. glenn roeder was 100% right when he said he has premiership quality stamped all over him, i just hope we can hang on to him for the rest of the year. AND PLEASE PARKINSON, USE HIM!!!

lloyd sam looked positive again, and first half we did look good on the break, truly. however, as usual, we looked lacklustre in the second half, and once norwich got their equaliser, our heads inevitably dropped and the players seemed to find to motivation. they were static up front, passing backwards and showing no ambition and it frustrates me so much, particularly after the first half promise.

i did think we should have had a penalty as we entered injury time, for a handball, although i am yet to see a replay. oh, and i fail to understand why parky brought on a left back for a striker after norwich equalised; it hardly shows attacking purpose.

a disappointment to lose, but at the same time, i''m glad that in all the matches i have been to this season we are still unbeaten. odds are i will be at carrow road. hopefully the team that started todays game will turn up, and last 90 minutes for once!

I''m a season ticket holder and I''ll be there tonight fully supporting the team (from the upper Barclay) on the pitch regardless of who Roeder decides that will be.

No reason not to support the players whatever my feelings are regarding the manager.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Would be a full house if they didnt take the p*** and gave you cup games as a bonus.  If you look at past form its only 2 matches a year!![/quote]

agreed... with all the crap we have had to endure these last 3 years wouldnt it be nice if the club had made tonights game free entry to all season ticket holders?

[/quote]

Thats my thoughts too Jas, they must have realised that a lot of season ticket holders would be boycotting the game tonight so there was an easy way to tempt them there tonight- £5 for all season ticket holders, might have got them another 4000 plus £20,000.

CA maybe we are need of a logical forward thinking marketing person since the departure of one Mr Cullum, put your self forward and don''t forget the extra 4000 would have bought programes,drinks and food all extra cash. and a better atmosphere.

Or maybe Roeder didn''t want many there??

[quote user="Canary Royal"]Lots of people were laughing at the Charlton Low crowd for the first match. Not too much different really
[/quote]

I think that Carrow Road would be more full on a Saturday.

To all those saying that NCFC should have given away the tickets for tonights game - they cant!  This is an FA owned competition like the FA youth club (which is always cash admin only with no frees) with strict rules re gate money.  1/3 to each team and 1/3 to the FA.  Therefore Charlton and the FA are not going to accept nothing!  I think the rule also states that we have to charge their fans the same as ours!

Anyone who says they remember FA cup tickets being given away before is wrong, this was only ever done when the second round of the league cup was two legged, thus ensuring we would always get one tie! The league cup is not run by the FA and therefore there are not the strict rules on entrance fees.