Sign in to follow this  
Mister Positive

Pink'un stories lack any bottle

Come on the Pinkun show the backbone that the clubs is lacking.

The story about the poor ticket sales for tonights game blames

1, The credit crunch

2, The fact we have played Charlton a few times in less than a month

3, The fact we have two big home games coming up in the league, and fans are saving their money for these games

Come on be brave tell the truth

We are p**sed off with a crap manager, a crap board, crap results, and crap football, or are you burying your heads in the sand like the board?

Was about to write the same after reading that, made me chuckle. You would think whoever wrote this would have a look at the message board and get a feeling from that and not listen to the Carrow Road PR team.

Some of them also lack any substance, like today''s piece about Ched Evans . . . "I haven''t enquired about him, but if I had I expect Man City would say they''re looking to sell him not loan him out" . . .

Talk about scraping the barrel.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

Some of them also lack any substance, like today''s piece about Ched Evans . . . "I haven''t enquired about him, but if I had I expect Man City would say they''re looking to sell him not loan him out" . . .

[/quote]

Don''t think he actually said that about Ched either you or I are reading it wrong.

If Roeder thinks he knows what Man City intend to do, why don''t he sod off there.  BTW if Ched suddenly goes on loan somewhere, Roeder is going to look a prize ****

[quote user="The Butler"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

[/quote]

Don''t think he actually said that about Ched either you or I are reading it wrong.

[/quote]

I was paraphrasing, probably shouldn''t have put it in direct quotes.  What I meant was that''s the gist of what he said.

Like all of the media in Norfolk they seem to have very little nerve when it comes to having a go at the club. I wonder if you speak up to much if you might find yourself banned from Carrow road  press conferences?

hmmm... That Davis bloke on eadt.co.uk does his twice weekly webchats and there is a lot of info there, rather than the lightweight stuff we see for Norwich from PinkUn, etc.

Now I''m certainly not an Ipswich supporter, but I do like to read what goes on there - i''ve even added a point of view followign the derby victory.

I guess its a balancing act between "say what you see" and "lets not say too much as we''ll get banned from press conferences", although Davis does tread on some toes, but always seems to reconfirm his sources/info before spilling beans/hints!!!

Steve

There was also a part about Christian Dailly joining and a bit down the page it stated "Ibrox team-mate Darren O''Dea". That doesn''t go down well with Irish and Celtic supporters calling him a Rangers player. Someone must do very little research.

In fairness I would probably go with Credit Crunch fact! How much are tickets? £25?

Personally I would then need to leave Colchester at 6.00 on train to make game in time another £20

On top of that we have played twice in last month and neither have been great spectacles!

I think the reasons for the low crowd will be many and varied.  When you consider our league position, form, the proximity of other (much more important) games, the opposition being poorer than we are, the cost (and it is never just the ticket cost), supporters who are getting peed off with things - all these things hardly point to a great attendance.  Given most of these points, even had we been going well imo we would have probably not got anywhere near 18k tonight.

[quote user="Grim Roeder"]

Generally agree , it''s all part of Archant, they don''t want to ruffle feathers and be banned from the media conferences.

Steve Gedge''s article about City becoming a third tier side was quite good.

[/quote]

I would say it depends on the Archant Editor as to whether they "ruffle feathers" or not.  The current incumbent at Norwich is not noted for "feather ruffling".

Terry Hunt at Ipswich is an entirely different kettle of fish provided he is confident the reporter has it absolutely bang to rights.

The sad thing is that substantial redundancies are imminent at both - whether this affects sports coverage remains to be seen.

I would very much doubt that Norwich would ban Archant simply because there isn''t anyone else interested in what happens at the Football Club and with staff cutbacks at Anglia and BBC there soon won''t be anyone to ban.

[quote user="Mister Positive"]

Come on the Pinkun show the backbone that the clubs is lacking.

The story about the poor ticket sales for tonights game blames

1, The credit crunch

2, The fact we have played Charlton a few times in less than a month

3, The fact we have two big home games coming up in the league, and fans are saving their money for these games

Come on be brave tell the truth

We are p**sed off with a crap manager, a crap board, crap results, and crap football, or are you burying your heads in the sand like the board?

[/quote]

Add to that the fact it would cost me £10 to go and watch it, i''m not going because i can''t afford it, but because the standard of football at the moment is not worth anything near that.