Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Look at the table and tell me why

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can''t give reasons to keep him, but I''''ll tell you why we will keep him.  It''s January 12th.  Like it or not the club are committed to this manager, the transfer window ties our hands.  Sack him today and the way the club does interviews gives us a February replacement.  Looking at the table, it''s clear to me that we need to sort out the defence.  The teams around us aren''t scoring goals.  We''ve scored as many as most mid-table sides.  It''s goals conceded that let us down, and no surprise when we''ve lost players like Stefanovic and Kennedy. to injury.  It would help if we could get a run of 5 or 10 matches with the same back 4 selected.
[/quote]

This looks like a reason to me BBB. Three weeks left in the window, Barnsley, Southampton & Doncaster coming up, nothing but buttons in the kitty. Sure Roeder''s PR is terrible but this doesn''t really matter. As the anti board group point out that perhaps the responsibility lies with the lack of investment. I think & hope we have enough without sacking Roeder to get out of this to give another year to build on. If not sacking Roeder is not going to make a diffence and we are lost.

The usual "board out" tactic. When will Smudger & co realise that the board won''t/can''t go without a replacement(s)

That PC IS NOT interested and there is little money out there to bring change.

Yes I wan''t them gone nearly as much as I want GR gone but money talks and we don''t appear to have any.

Please don''t go through the "what''s happened to it" argument again. It ain''t there so irrelevant AT THE MOMENT. You won''t get near enough to the FULL accounts to find out yet.

Roeder makes too many mistakes that are not financial based. Team selection, substitutions,tactics, treatment of players and fans.

Sending out on loan without replacements the list could go on. They are the reasons we are in the mire NOT at this point lack of money.

It would help but only if you have someone to use the players you have and buy, in the right way.

I''m just looking forward to reliving my youthful days watching 3rd division football. Oh bliss!

[quote user="PhatCanary"]..

Blackpool

18Derby County 26 7 8 11 28 37 29 -9
19Watford 27 7 6 14 38 48 27 -10
20Nottingham Forest 27 6 9 12 28 38 27 -10
21NORWICH CITY 27 7 5 15 32 43 26 -11
22Southampton 27 6 8 13 23 40 26 -17
23Doncaster Rovers 26 6 6 14 17 31 24 -14
24Charlton Athletic 27 4 7 16 28 47 19 -19

[/quote]

you have to ask yourselves which teams can you see staying up?

charlton - keep going the way they are will be dead and buried but......they have potential to get out of it

doncaster - saw the other week, rather impressed with them, midfield ran the show, need striker though to survive

southampton - lacking experience, but the kids starting to pick up points/form and confidence, if they start to drift at the bottom like charlton cant see them getting out of it, but current form suggests they will get out of it, also pushed wolves close last month and drew with reading and beaten them all inside the past month

norwich - need to find some consistancy, every time i think ah theyre safe you drag yourselves back into it

forest - seem re-juvenated without calderwood, garner and earnie starting to bang them in. looking good to stay up

watford - improving under the new regime, just depends on who they have to sell in jan. looked good vs reading but then lacked cutting edge and shoddy defending. all signs of relegation

teams i expect fall near to the bottom - blackpool, barnlsey and plymouth - all lacking form and not to far off the bottom any of those teams could be dragged into the mixer

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Why do we need new investment to get a decent team numpty?  In your attempt to be clever and say people dont get it, you have missed the point totally.  Other clubs have built THEIR OWN teams on LITTLE cash and are doing WELL.  You dont need investment, just your own team, some team spirit and investment in a couple of flair players

[/quote]EPIC FAIL.You need money to buy players. For money you need investment.  The current board aren''t wasting money on the scale that could provide investment for new players or to own our own team, so yes we do need investment.Personally, I wonder if roeder shouldn''t be elivated to director of football - His contacts and player evaluation seems to be good, its just the actual winning matches part that seems to be lacking.  If we got in someone who could get the team winning, possibly a less experienced manager like Dublin who knows tactics and can get players playing for them, but kept roeder to do the transfer stuff (which is where Grant fell down IMO, couldn''t get good enough players as lacked the contacts) then we have our best chance of getting out of this.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Why do we need new investment to get a decent team numpty?  In your attempt to be clever and say people dont get it, you have missed the point totally.  Other clubs have built THEIR OWN teams on LITTLE cash and are doing WELL.  You dont need investment, just your own team, some team spirit and investment in a couple of flair players

[/quote]EPIC FAIL.You need money to buy players. For money you need investment.  The current board aren''t wasting money on the scale that could provide investment for new players or to own our own team, so yes we do need investment.Personally, I wonder if roeder shouldn''t be elivated to director of football - His contacts and player evaluation seems to be good, its just the actual winning matches part that seems to be lacking.  If we got in someone who could get the team winning, possibly a less experienced manager like Dublin who knows tactics and can get players playing for them, but kept roeder to do the transfer stuff (which is where Grant fell down IMO, couldn''t get good enough players as lacked the contacts) then we have our best chance of getting out of this.[/quote]Doesn''t he let his number 2 to do most of the touchline stuff anyway ?

[quote user="7rew"]

EPIC FAIL.

You need money to buy players. For money you need investment.  The current board aren''t wasting money on the scale that could provide investment for new players or to own our own team, so yes we do need investment.

Personally, I wonder if roeder shouldn''t be elivated to director of football - His contacts and player evaluation seems to be good, its just the actual winning matches part that seems to be lacking.  If we got in someone who could get the team winning, possibly a less experienced manager like Dublin who knows tactics and can get players playing for them, but kept roeder to do the transfer stuff (which is where Grant fell down IMO, couldn''t get good enough players as lacked the contacts) then we have our best chance of getting out of this.
[/quote]

Funny.

http://www.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1530024/ShowPost.aspx

I started a thread discussing exactly that point. Unfortunately though, constructive threads appear to not be as popular as the hundreds of "I think Roeder is a bigger tosser than you do" threads that are good at pointing out problems, but not good at pointing out solutions.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"][quote user="sussexcanary"]

Whether Roeder is sacked is neither here nor there with me.  His position is almost untennable anyway so i think the inevitable will occur. It''s what happens afterwards that worries me and the Board getting away with it yet again.  If we draft a new man in and results pick up this abysmal shower will carry on slowly wrecking our club.  People just don''t seem to get it !!!

[/quote]

But until the white knight comes charging over the hill to our rescue with millions to pump in the club and buy the board out, we are sadly stuck with them.

[/quote]

He did. They fugged that up too.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]

[/quote]EPIC FAIL.You need money to buy players. For money you need investment.  The current board aren''t wasting money on the scale that could provide investment for new players or to own our own team, so yes we do need investment.Personally, I wonder if roeder shouldn''t be elivated to director of football - His contacts and player evaluation seems to be good, its just the actual winning matches part that seems to be lacking.  If we got in someone who could get the team winning, possibly a less experienced manager like Dublin who knows tactics and can get players playing for them, but kept roeder to do the transfer stuff (which is where Grant fell down IMO, couldn''t get good enough players as lacked the contacts) then we have our best chance of getting out of this.[/quote]Doesn''t he let his number 2 to do most of the touchline stuff anyway ?[/quote]I meant actually do everything to do with the match day team, pick the team, the team talk, choose the subsititutes and when to put them on, talk to the press after the match. But only have to go to Roeder and say, we need a new left back/target man. could you find me one and get him to come here.

The board are tired and haven''t got the money to turn around the club. They know that like most others but until Mr or Mrs Cash cow comes along to buy the club what can they do?

I''ll tell you what they can do - which is make amends for their terrible error of appointing Glen Roeder(nowhere) by getting rid of him ASAP cause avoiding the drop will be awfully hard with him in charge!

Roeders probably had more money than at least 3 other Championship clubs and has indeed made some good signings but has made a lot more bad un''s and other errors that have nothing to do with a lack of funds!

RoederOUT!

No strikers, No defence. Injury to Stefanovich cost us dearly. Cureton was rubbish last year if im honest.

Roeder has fozzy as his captain, yet doesn''t play him week in week out. to me your captain has to be crucial to your team in leadership/ability.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Whether Roeder is sacked is neither here nor there with me.  His position is almost untennable anyway so i think the inevitable will occur. It''s what happens afterwards that worries me and the Board getting away with it yet again.  If we draft a new man in and results pick up this abysmal shower will carry on slowly wrecking our club.  People just don''t seem to get it !!!

[/quote]

No they don''t seem to get it do they? There are none so blind as a Delia fan!

Norfolk & chance wrote

"Gee, I never thought of looking at the table to see how we were going in the league. What a great idea! Thanks PC!

Call be educated, but I knew we were in the shoo before this thread popped up."

Well N&C the post was not about looking  at the league and realising we are in the poo, you smug little ****,read the first post again and come back with the answer to the post!! God some of you people on here just drive me mad,try reading the post correctly before you come back with a smart ar*e comment!!!

[quote user="The Butler"]

The usual "board out" tactic. When will Smudger & co realise that the board won''t/can''t go without a replacement(s)

That PC IS NOT interested and there is little money out there to bring change.

Yes I wan''t them gone nearly as much as I want GR gone but money talks and we don''t appear to have any.

Please don''t go through the "what''s happened to it" argument again. It ain''t there so irrelevant AT THE MOMENT. You won''t get near enough to the FULL accounts to find out yet.

Roeder makes too many mistakes that are not financial based. Team selection, substitutions,tactics, treatment of players and fans.

Sending out on loan without replacements the list could go on. They are the reasons we are in the mire NOT at this point lack of money.

It would help but only if you have someone to use the players you have and buy, in the right way.

I''m just looking forward to reliving my youthful days watching 3rd division football. Oh bliss!

[/quote]

What a moronic post... [:$]

Reading such drivel it is clear to see why NCFC are heading for Div 1 and adminstration.

[quote user="7rew"][quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="7rew"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]

[/quote]EPIC FAIL.You need money to buy players. For money you need investment.  The current board aren''t wasting money on the scale that could provide investment for new players or to own our own team, so yes we do need investment.Personally, I wonder if roeder shouldn''t be elivated to director of football - His contacts and player evaluation seems to be good, its just the actual winning matches part that seems to be lacking.  If we got in someone who could get the team winning, possibly a less experienced manager like Dublin who knows tactics and can get players playing for them, but kept roeder to do the transfer stuff (which is where Grant fell down IMO, couldn''t get good enough players as lacked the contacts) then we have our best chance of getting out of this.[/quote]Doesn''t he let his number 2 to do most of the touchline stuff anyway ?[/quote]I meant actually do everything to do with the match day team, pick the team, the team talk, choose the subsititutes and when to put them on, talk to the press after the match. But only have to go to Roeder and say, we need a new left back/target man. could you find me one and get him to come here.[/quote]you''d have to find a new job for Bryan Gunn then.

[quote user="grantroederdisaster"]

The board are tired and haven''t got the money to turn around the club. They know that like most others but until Mr or Mrs Cash cow comes along to buy the club what can they do?

I''ll tell you what they can do - which is make amends for their terrible error of appointing Glen Roeder(nowhere) by getting rid of him ASAP cause avoiding the drop will be awfully hard with him in charge!

Roeders probably had more money than at least 3 other Championship clubs and has indeed made some good signings but has made a lot more bad un''s and other errors that have nothing to do with a lack of funds!

RoederOUT!

[/quote]

hahaha Roeder has had more money than at least 3 other Championship Clubs.... it is getting difficult for you claim that the board have invested now isn''t it???

Do you not think Roeder should of been given slightly more money to spend considering we are one of the best (if not THE BEST) supported club in this league, with what we are told is a thriving marketing department too???

Isn''t it a sad state of affairs that we are scrapping around trying to find 3 clubs who may of spent less than us but who also get 10,000 less fans trhough the turnstiles each week to try and prove a point? [:$]

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="PhatCanary"].. i shouldn''t be calling for Roeder to be sacked?

Blackpool

18Derby County 26 7 8 11 28 37 29 -9
19Watford 27 7 6 14 38 48 27 -10
20Nottingham Forest 27 6 9 12 28 38 27 -10
21NORWICH CITY 27 7 5 15 32 43 26 -11
22Southampton 27 6 8 13 23 40 26 -17
23Doncaster Rovers 26 6 6 14 17 31 24 -14
24Charlton Athletic 27 4 7 16 28 47 19 -19

We are in relegation trouble,we have a manager who treats us with no respect but some fans still think he is the man for the job, i would like for the fans who support him to give me reasons why he should stay, i''m not trying to be a smart ar*e or get into a heated argument, i honestly want to know how you can still support him?

[/quote]that is a scarey looking table...we are in the doo doo[/quote]

You think that''s scarey?  Look ahead to Tuesday 3rd Feb.

We''ll just have played Barnsley (H), Southampton (H) and Doncaster (A), the transfer window will have closed and we''re on our way to play Wolves.

If we don''t get at least seven points and have signed a striker by then we will be in all sorts of trouble.

As they say on Crimewatch, ''Don''t have nightmares!''

He should stay because if we sacked him, we would be chucking away more money and therefore we would not be able to afford anyone who is currently at a club due to compensation and if we went for someone out of a job...i doubt we could afford someone with a higher profile than Glenn.ROEDER STAYS!! He has my backing, im a city fan, if thats what the board think is right, im in.

[quote user="bradley11"]He should stay because if we sacked him, we would be chucking away more money and therefore we would not be able to afford anyone who is currently at a club due to compensation and if we went for someone out of a job...i doubt we could afford someone with a higher profile than Glenn.

ROEDER STAYS!! He has my backing, im a city fan, if thats what the board think is right, im in.
[/quote]

Oh dear, i was a little bit sick in my mouth as i read that last line!! [:^)][:S][:$][:''(]

IF we lose to Charlton tomorrow, I may be inclined to think Roeder isnt the man for the job.

Where exactly are we going wrong?

Is it our Talent? Tactics? Effort? Luck?

[quote user="Largey"]

IF we lose to Charlton tomorrow, I may be inclined to think Roeder isnt the man for the job.

Where exactly are we going wrong?

Is it our Talent? Tactics? Effort? Luck?

[/quote]

Too many cocks like you placing the blame in the wrong place instead of at Queen Delia''s feet.... [:D]