Sign in to follow this  
PhatCanary

Look at the table and tell me why

.. i shouldn''t be calling for Roeder to be sacked?

Blackpool

18Derby County 26 7 8 11 28 37 29 -9
19Watford 27 7 6 14 38 48 27 -10
20Nottingham Forest 27 6 9 12 28 38 27 -10
21NORWICH CITY 27 7 5 15 32 43 26 -11
22Southampton 27 6 8 13 23 40 26 -17
23Doncaster Rovers 26 6 6 14 17 31 24 -14
24Charlton Athletic 27 4 7 16 28 47 19 -19

We are in relegation trouble,we have a manager who treats us with no respect but some fans still think he is the man for the job, i would like for the fans who support him to give me reasons why he should stay, i''m not trying to be a smart ar*e or get into a heated argument, i honestly want to know how you can still support him?

[quote user="PhatCanary"].. i shouldn''t be calling for Roeder to be sacked?

Blackpool

We are in relegation trouble,we have a manager who treats us with no respect but some fans still think he is the man for the job, i would like for the fans who support him to give me reasons why he should stay, i''m not trying to be a smart ar*e or get into a heated argument, i honestly want to know how you can still support him?

[/quote]that is a scarey looking table...we are in the doo doo

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="PhatCanary"].. i shouldn''t be calling for Roeder to be sacked?

Blackpool

[/quote]that is a scarey looking table...we are in the doo doo[/quote]We''re midtable!

Ok then smart ar*e.

1Wolverhampton Wanderers 27 18 4 5 55 33 58 22
2Reading 27 16 6 5 57 24 54 33
3Birmingham City 26 15 6 5 34 23 51 11
4Sheffield United 27 12 8 7 38 25 44 13
5Cardiff City 26 11 11 4 36 25 44 11
6Preston North End 27 13 5 9 39 33 44 6
7Burnley 27 12 7 8 40 37 43 3
8Crystal Palace 26 11 7 8 38 28 40 10
9Queens Park Rangers 27 10 9 8 26 27 39 -1
10Swansea City 27 8 14 5 35 30 38 5
11Ipswich Town 27 9 9 9 36 29 36 7
12Sheffield Wednesday 27 9 8 10 26 38 35 -12
13Bristol City 26 8 10 8 30 32 34 -2
14Coventry City 27 8 10 9 30 32 34 -2
15Plymouth Argyle 26 9 6 11 27 29 33 -2
16Barnsley 27 9 5 13 28 33 32 -5
17Blackpool 26 7 10 9 26 33 31 -7

The thing is teams around us are picking up points(except charlton). Charlton are doomed we all know that. But who is going down with them? Doncaster maybe then us! I can''t see how we are going to survive unless big changes are made NOW! and not in febuary when it will be too late!

Whether Roeder is sacked is neither here nor there with me.  His position is almost untennable anyway so i think the inevitable will occur. It''s what happens afterwards that worries me and the Board getting away with it yet again.  If we draft a new man in and results pick up this abysmal shower will carry on slowly wrecking our club.  People just don''t seem to get it !!!

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

Whether Roeder is sacked is neither here nor there with me.  His position is almost untennable anyway so i think the inevitable will occur. It''s what happens afterwards that worries me and the Board getting away with it yet again.  If we draft a new man in and results pick up this abysmal shower will carry on slowly wrecking our club.  People just don''t seem to get it !!!

[/quote]

But until the white knight comes charging over the hill to our rescue with millions to pump in the club and buy the board out, we are sadly stuck with them.

[quote user="sussexcanary"]

[/quote]Becasue all these billionaires are looking to invest in football clubs at the moment...In the current finanical climate it makes new investment extermly unlikely. People just don''t seem to get it !!!

Not one person has posted on this thread that they want Roeder to stay yet.

I thought last year he would do the job for us, but after a brief recovery surge it''s all been downhill from there.

Without a doubt we have got a better squad than last year and I''m grateful for that, but in a results based business a good squad isn''t enough.

Can we afford to sack him? The bigger question is. Can we afford NOT to sack him.

Sorry Glenn it''s time to go, the sooner the better.

Despite the bleeding obvious facts some will still be bleeting to back the manager and get behind the team.  The fans of this club get what they deserve -backwater football - because they do not demand enough.  You make it easy for the club to be mediocre and deserve everything you get.  Bring on Charlton, I hope we get stuffed.

Blackpool

[/quote]

Why do we need new investment to get a decent team numpty?  In your attempt to be clever and say people dont get it, you have missed the point totally.  Other clubs have built THEIR OWN teams on LITTLE cash and are doing WELL.  You dont need investment, just your own team, some team spirit and investment in a couple of flair players, oh and amanager who puts on his big striker and punts it up when one nil down with 15 mins to go!

Some of you people will only wake up to the reality when you see the league one fixture list next season with NCFC on -20.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="sussexcanary"]

[/quote]

Becasue all these billionaires are looking to invest in football clubs at the moment...

In the current finanical climate it makes new investment extermly unlikely. People just don''t seem to get it !!!
[/quote]

Ahh it''s not so bad, only 18 points (and 15 places) off the play-off''s.

C''mon, lets look on the bright side... [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]Not one person has posted on this thread that they want Roeder to stay yet.[/quote]

OK then CA... I shall be the first...

I want Mr Roeder to stay (even though I told you he was a rubbish manager from DAY ONE).

Why do I wan''t him to stay?

Because as Sussex says... those in control of the club will continue to strangle it to a slow and painful death with a new underpaid monkey being fed peanuts to build a team with.

When are people going to understand that at this moment in time Roeder is the wrong target???

If we were going to get shot of him then we should of done it months ago.

How many credible managers are going to want to take the reigns at the end of Jan or start of Feb, when we have no money to spend and the transfer window is either shut or about to slam shut, we have massive disillusionment amongst the clubs fan base and they know from recent evidence that they are going to be on a hiding to nothing unless they can conjure up absolute miracles???

We should get rid of the board first and look at the managerial situation at the right time prior to a new boss being given proper money to sort this mess out.

I can''t give reasons to keep him, but I''''ll tell you why we will keep him.  It''s January 12th.  Like it or not the club are committed to this manager, the transfer window ties our hands.  Sack him today and the way the club does interviews gives us a February replacement.  Looking at the table, it''s clear to me that we need to sort out the defence.  The teams around us aren''t scoring goals.  We''ve scored as many as most mid-table sides.  It''s goals conceded that let us down, and no surprise when we''ve lost players like Stefanovic and Kennedy. to injury.  It would help if we could get a run of 5 or 10 matches with the same back 4 selected.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Despite the bleeding obvious facts some will still be bleeting to back the manager and get behind the team.  The fans of this club get what they deserve -backwater football - because they do not demand enough.  You make it easy for the club to be mediocre and deserve everything you get.  Bring on Charlton, I hope we get stuffed.

Blackpool

[/quote][/quote]

RT, I assume that you count yourself amongst the ''fans'' who deserve what they get?

If not, I''d be interested to know why not?

And, no, I''m not backing Roeder and I agree that he has underperformed dreadfully (even taking into account the limited funds he has had) - just interested as to what separates you from the crowd of ''backwater'' football fans?

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]

Why do we need new investment to get a decent team numpty?  In your attempt to be clever and say people dont get it, you have missed the point totally.  Other clubs have built THEIR OWN teams on LITTLE cash and are doing WELL.  You dont need investment, just your own team, some team spirit and investment in a couple of flair players, oh and amanager who puts on his big striker and punts it up when one nil down with 15 mins to go!

Some of you people will only wake up to the reality when you see the league one fixture list next season with NCFC on -20.

[quote user="NCFC_Thain"][quote user="sussexcanary"]

[/quote]

Becasue all these billionaires are looking to invest in football clubs at the moment...

In the current finanical climate it makes new investment extermly unlikely. People just don''t seem to get it !!!
[/quote][/quote]

Exactly though RENEGADE... the last time we invested in a flair player (short term loanees not included) was Earnshaw when we invested half of what we had received from the sale of Ashton (also putting a stupid clause in Earnies contract which ultimately meant that we lost him for what we had paid and then the money recieved from that went in to that mysterious black hole).

We do not have a quality target man upfront (even to bing on for 15 mins)... we have somebody we are trying to nurse back from serious injury who has not scored a goal in how many years???

This is why we find ourselves where we are today... we all know what adding a bit of quality to the squad could bring.

While many other teams are happy to invest and do the best they can to bring in 3 or 4 quality individuals, we are happy to tread water even when we are finding it difficult to stay afloat.

I am afraid there is only go9ing to be one inevitable outcome to this... and yes you have guessed it... EVENTUALLY WE WILL SINK.

[quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Easy for you to say, you''re close to the top of your league. [;)]

RODENT WILL END UP BEING THE FALL GUY , ULTIMATELY IT IS THE BOARD THAT LEAD US DOWN THIS ROED DER HELL, GIVE US BACK OUR CLUB. anyone for breakfast at delia''s on the 18th feb only£25

[quote user="blahblahblah"]I can''t give reasons to keep him, but I''''ll tell you why we will keep him.  It''s January 12th.  Like it or not the club are committed to this manager, the transfer window ties our hands.  Sack him today and the way the club does interviews gives us a February replacement.  Looking at the table, it''s clear to me that we need to sort out the defence.  The teams around us aren''t scoring goals.  We''ve scored as many as most mid-table sides.  It''s goals conceded that let us down, and no surprise when we''ve lost players like Stefanovic and Kennedy. to injury.  It would help if we could get a run of 5 or 10 matches with the same back 4 selected.
[/quote]

Not often I agree with you blahblahblah...but as I said above I agree with you 100% here... [Y]

It would seem that Roeder agrees with you on the defence... I think he needs to worry about both ends of the pitch... take away Lita''s goals and we would be in the bottom 3 now.

Whether the fans like it or not, the majority of them thought Roeder was great for too long, they also thought the board were great for too long (some still are happy to protect them).

If this club sinks this year then most fans only have themselves to blame.

[quote user="macdougalls perm"][quote user="Smudger"]

[/quote]

Easy for you to say, you''re close to the top of your league. [;)]

[/quote]

Terrible isn''t it???

I get taunted regularly by them at the moment... they are going to be by-passing us and that when we are finally relegated we are going to be spending at least as long as Forest down there... [:''(]

[quote]It would seem that Roeder agrees with you on the defence... I think he

needs to worry about both ends of the pitch... take away Lita''s goals

and we would be in the bottom 3 now.[/quote]Agreed, Lita needs to be replaced, at least until the end of the season.  Maybe Cort will prove to be our next Dublin though, once fit ?

well then...the transfer window argument is a very valid point.....so im just going to leave that to one side and concentrate on the original idea of the post.the way I see it , getting rid of Roeder has two conceivable eventualities....Either.......A) we get a new manager in who is a real manager, can motivate players, knows who to put an arm around and who to bo**ock, has a bit of tactical nouse (of how nice that would be!) and concentrates on the basics.  The new manager effect kicks in and although we wont surge up the league im sure well do enough to be ok.B) the new manager has all the aforementioned abilites but we still dont have a settled side, strategy or team spirit.  These will come of course, but for this season it''s too little too late.....and we drop.I personally believe that (A) is the most likely outcome for ourselves since we really do have enough quality in the squad to be mid table.Either way, I will still follow City whichever division we find ouselves in.  I understand completely those that wont but my personal view is that if you are a fan then you are there for life, wherever you end up.  I would point out manchester city''s incredible average gate in the old division 3 not so many years ago to point this out.  If we truly do have such amazing , loyal supporters rather than a bunch of season ticket paid up, nothing better to do on a saturday passionless sheep then we shall see if the unthinkable happens.  It would give me a real sense of pride to see us in league 1 with a gate of 25,000 (not that i want us in League 1 of course!!!!!!). OTBC and respect to the hundreds of truly brilliant fans that travel nationwide to watch possibly the worst (points per game) travelling side in the last 4 seasons in the whole of the football league (id love to see a stat on that!)......