Sign in to follow this  
Napster cel Mare

Is this a real fans forum??

I have followed the Canaries for over 35 years, through thick and thin, good times and bad and take a keen interest in the club.

Having studied (and occasionally contributed to) the forums on line I am left with the opinion that contributors to this site possessing even a modicom of intelligence are in a distinct minority.

I appreciate that there are some well meaning (perhaps niaive) souls, youngsters and other "trainee" fans together with those that do genuinely struggle with the concepts of commercial reality, grammar, history and indeed basic spelling abilities - however my frustration is directed at those who should really know better

The subject matter of this forum often beggars belief - talk of take overs by parties who have expressed no interest, sacking the only people who have had the guts to put their money where their mouth is, suggestions that Chase was a positive influence, and most recently suggesting a consortia bid fronted by an ex player (without any liaison with the media) demonstrate the level of muppetry that prevails.

More concerning however is the fact that contributors seem to devote hours of time to responding/debating/argueing the toss, pros and cons of such posts depicting a stark reality - this being that if you lot represent the core fan base of the club then god help us!!

If you are not a binner and have nothing constructive or of value to impart then either start your own Halfwit Forum or shut the f*** up.

Our club is in dire straits and can do without the continued spouting of utter drivel.

It would be nice to see an educated response to this post - however I wont hold my breath....

This is by far the best Norwich City fans forum on the net!

Unfortunately giving persons the right to express their opinions opens up a can of worms and you have to seperate the bullsh*t from the well meaning posters!

Myself I say it as is like I do all the time anyway!

What I see is our club in a right old mess caused by a board well past their sell date who know that but can''t find a buyer!

Short term our problems have been multipled no end by the actions of one of the most inept managers I''ve seen anywhere and I''m convinced our only hope of avoiding relegation rests upon our board getting shot of him ASAP!

RoederOUT!

Let me get this right, you start a thread insulting just about anybody who posts here and then say you only want educated replies. If the insults start flying in then you only have yourself to blame my friend.

[quote user="CT "]You can be a supporter and still be critical of what is blatantly wrong......
[/quote]

Precisely!

Some people don''t like confrontation and sometimes the truth isn''t always nice and at this moment in time the truth about Norwich City and Glen Roeder falls into that category!

RoederOUT!

[quote]If you are not a binner and have nothing constructive or of value to

impart then either start your own Halfwit Forum or shut the f*** up.[/quote]The way the forum works makes it a democracy of sorts.  Posts that generate the most interest get the most replies, and stay at the top, and the rest slide off the page when their purpose is served.  Unfortunately the ones that get the most replies tend to be the most melodramatic, but that''s human nature.Even if you can''t abide the outcome of peoples'' concerns regarding the current situation at the club, you can surely see why they are concerned ?   A cursory glance at the league table will show you an excellent cause for concern.I suggest that instead of telling others not to contribute, that you attempt to raise the bar by asking pertinent questions or raising debating points and seeing what reaction you get from people.  Some of them might surprise you.

[quote user="topcat"]

I have followed the Canaries for over 35 years, through thick and thin, good times and bad and take a keen interest in the club.

Having studied (and occasionally contributed to) the forums on line I am left with the opinion that contributors to this site possessing even a modicom of intelligence are in a distinct minority.

I appreciate that there are some well meaning (perhaps niaive) souls, youngsters and other "trainee" fans together with those that do genuinely struggle with the concepts of commercial reality, grammar, history and indeed basic spelling abilities - however my frustration is directed at those who should really know better

The subject matter of this forum often beggars belief - talk of take overs by parties who have expressed no interest, sacking the only people who have had the guts to put their money where their mouth is, suggestions that Chase was a positive influence, and most recently suggesting a consortia bid fronted by an ex player (without any liaison with the media) demonstrate the level of muppetry that prevails.

More concerning however is the fact that contributors seem to devote hours of time to responding/debating/argueing the toss, pros and cons of such posts depicting a stark reality - this being that if you lot represent the core fan base of the club then god help us!!

If you are not a binner and have nothing constructive or of value to impart then either start your own Halfwit Forum or shut the f*** up.

Our club is in dire straits and can do without the continued spouting of utter drivel.

It would be nice to see an educated response to this post - however I wont hold my breath....

[/quote]

Yes, there is a lot of bile on here, but try and find any forum on the web that hasn''t.  That''s the nature of the beast I''m afraid.

Thank you for your comments. Clearly you feel that those of us who post on here are beneath you, and that being so, could I respectfully suggest that your best option would be to cease reading our idiotic ramblings? In the long run I think that would make you feel better.

I''m new to this message board, but have been reading it for a while and i am and have been a season ticket holder for 6 years.

I read this post, and i know you''re entitled to your own opinion, but you seem to be stereotyping quite a few groups of people. Who, as i said earlier -are also entitled to their own opinion.

CanaryGirl(:

I''m new to this message board, but have been reading it for a while and i am and have been a season ticket holder for 6 years.

I read this post, and i know you''re entitled to your own opinion, but you seem to be stereotyping quite a few groups of people. Who, as i said earlier -are also entitled to their own opinion.

- CanaryGirl(:

I can''t stand these sad knobs who come on here expecting everyone to be upbeat about the club 100% of the time. Do they even understand football?

How can they when they can''t even grasp modern concepts such as an internet forum?

[quote user="topcat"]

[/quote]

What do you suggest we do then, pretend everything in the garden is rosy?

You yourself have just demonstrated what Bx3 so eloquantly argued; you''ve just posted an inflammatory message which guarantees that everyone who reads it is going to want to respond. The more controversial a subject title, the more responses it''s going to get. If I wrote ''what do people think of the matchday pies'' I might get a reply or two, if I wrote ''Delia is stealing money out of the club and I know this because I spoke to a current player in line at Morrison''s'' then I''ll probably get a few pages which will slate me but, hey, I''ve got the attention.

You seem fairly intelligent so of course you realise this which therefore makes you a hypocrite and just plain rude. I genuinely find this forum full of witty, passionate, articulate and friendly posters - far too many to name personally - and there are the odd one or two who stand out but are vastly disliked anyway and ridiculed.

To be honest I assume this is probably a wind-up attempt anyway but won''t be surprised to see a dozen pages or so in response (like that bloody consortium thing).

In a nutshell, if you don''t like it on here, jog on. I for one won''t miss you.

[quote user="topcat"]

[/quote]

topcat, eh?

I see. Says a lot.

Oh look, I''ve shrunk you.

Dear oh dear oh dear.

OTBC

[quote user="topcat"]

[/quote]if you represent the core fan base...then god help us....now do 1!!!!

[quote user="CT "]You can be a supporter and still be critical of what is blatantly wrong......
[/quote]

spot on! these people who say "you are not a supporter if you complain" wouldnt spend £35 on dinner in a resturant, then when it arrives cold, with hair on it, and a snail chewing the lettuce sit there mumbling under their breath but eat it still would they?

no.. they would speak up...

Football and fans are no different.... sitting there clapping along a team who are capable of much more as they drop down the league and towards oblivion gives out the wrong message,

ok maybe fans like Doncaster''s can applaud every week, they are perhaps punching above their weight and have a league 1 squad.. but fair play to them for making a go of it.. they might reap the rewards in May....

us, on the other hand, should be mid table at best.. not battling it out with the league 1 side for a place in the 1st round of th FA cup and the auto windscreens trophy next season... thats why some of us fans are fed up....

jas :)

TOP CAT ? mmmI noticed you haven''t ( sorry have not ) replied to anyone yet.Is this because your spell check and grammar check isn''t (sorry is not) working (sorry functioning) correctly ?One last question.........Are you an ipshit supporter ?

So Topcat advocates that all fans shut up and do not complain? Just what the Board wants isn''t it? So to be a fan thou shalt not moan..................Then there cannot be any true fans can there with this rational?

Go away Neil

every fan has the right to say what they want , this is a football forum what do you exspect.

many people are extremely concerned how this club is being run, ive been a fan for 30 years and to be honest , if people wernt bothered they arnt fans.

if your happy how this club is run , more fool you , if you cant see the total shambles this manager is making this club then something is wrong.

Some posts are quality and some are crap. This is true of every forum and message board on the internet, no matter what the subject being discussed might be. As others have said, you don''t have to read every post on here. Separate the wheat from the chaff and read only what''s worthwhile reading. Better still, if you want really excellent writing, find a good book or newspaper.

[quote user="topcat"]

[/quote]It is a pity that you don''t sound like an "educated" poster. Perhaps you really are more educated than you appear to be. Probably best not to hold your breath for too long though, as most on here are just normal human beings and don''t think they are special ones as you obviously do.