Sign in to follow this  
SuperWesIrishWizard

Were in the sh*t....

Our situatuon is incomprehendable, out of the relegation zone on goal difference, losing at home to the team at the bottom of the league.....

There is only ONE option, and that is for the board to sack the manager and bring somebody in on a short term basis with the ability to gain enough points with the current squad and limited additions to save us from relegation.

Many people wouldnt agree with my choice, but I would go for Dublin..... that would see Huckerby appearing for a couple of months on the Left Wing, Jamie Cureton and Michael Spillane coming back to a manager that they respect, Simon Lappin being given a chance.

If we have NO MONEY, then the only chance we have is to get the best out of what we currently have, and it HAS to be somebody that knows the players..... OR somebody with a track record for turning teams around. A perfect candidate would be Nigel Worthington, having saved Leicester from relegation in 6 games..... but I suspect we couldnt afford his compensation package.

The saddest thing is, that I dont trust the board to make the right decision, there is nobody at the club that could step up and give it a go, Lee Clark would have been the obvious candidate, I dont even trust them to give the new manager a short term deal.Why on earth they gave anybody a two and a half year contract if they couldnt afford to terminate that contract is beyond me, mismanagement from the top to the bottom.

We are F*cked.

huckerby on the left is the two year old solution to a problem we face now. we under-performed last season with him there every week,and if bertrand is our best lb he needs someone more disciplined than hux. a shame, but true.

cureton doesn''t deserve more chances just because he was here 10 years ago. he again had all of last season to prove his worth - he isn''t someone to rely on keeping us up. Lappin amd Spillane may have a role but I doubt we can call spillane back from luton.

dublin as manager is a repeat of peter grant...nothing suggests he wants to manage or has enough experience, and i doubt we could buy out his sky contract. It will be someone cheap - my guess is boothroyd.