Sign in to follow this  
Mr. Bump

Roeder's post-game interview script here

Okay, so on Radio Norfolk they didn''t get it intime but it''s up on the official site now so I will type to you what this moron has to say.Goreham: Glenn Roeder, that was a horrible night for everyone associated with the club.Roeder: A horrible night, because we were knocked out of the FA Cup. I''m not having it that they played poorly for the whole of the 90 minutes. (We) conceded a poor goal, where the through ball should have been cut out, it wasn''t and the ball was stuck in the back of the net quite easily and it should have been 1 on 1. But we had long periods in the first half and the second half where we should have got something out of the game. But I''ll be the first to admit, we didn''t play well for the whole game. So when we were playing well the crowd were with us, as soon as we gave the ball away a few times the were against us. I understand that. They were against the team, they were against me at times but I have very broad shoulders, I''ve been in the game a long time. I understand their feelings, but, I''m a fighter and I enjoy a fight. I''ll stand up to anybody. We will turn this around, we need to get new players in. Fresh blood, certainly in the top half of the team because this season we''ve missed too many chances when we''ve created them. We have created plenty of chances this year but we haven''t stuck the ball in the back of the net. Unfortunately at the other end we''ve made too many mistakes, but inbetween that there has been plenty of games where the football has been better than last year. But we know we are in a poor position that we need to get out of as quickly as we can. It''s a minute, tiny squad that I''m working with at the moment. But there''s more quality in the squad than last year and we need to keep fighting.Goreham: You heard the quite loud protests at the end from the supporters, how will that effect you and your players?Roeder: I will cope with that, no-one likes it, I''d be a liar if I said I enjoyed that, who would? But it wont have that sort of effect on me that some people think it will. Even from being a kiddy where I grew up, we always had to fight. Nothing''s changed now as I''ve become an older mature person. Football changes very quickly, the fans as I said were terrific tonight.I thought the crowd was a good size considering we have another home game here on Saturday. I think they got behind us when we were on top and there was no hint of them being unhappy. The patience is very thin at the moment, I understand that. We make a few mistakes, give the ball away when we shouldn''t, they let the team know and they let me know too. I hope it doesn''t effect the players, it wont effect me. But I have to protect the players so they can go out on Saturday and put in a winning performance.Goreham: You said a few moments ago, we will turn this around. What will it take to do that?Roeder: Sticking our chances in the back of the net to start with and not conceding sloppy goals. Saturday''s goal against us was poorly defended, the cross came in too easily, there was not enough effort to block the cross. If more effort was put in they wouldn''t have scored, we would have got a point against a team that will get promoted in my opinion. We put up a fight, no-one can accuse them of not trying tonight. They didn''t have their best games tonight, some of them can do a lot better in terms of quality.Goreham: You are convinced the players then, do have the stomach for the fight they''re in at the moment?Roeder: I have no doubt about that, football''s won and lost in both penalty boxes. Eradicate the mistakes defensively, we''re not getting away with one or two errors, that''s the luck we''re having at the moment. Equally down the other end when we''re making chances, the ball has to go in the back of the net, end of story. That''s what players are paid to do in good goalscoring situations, put the ball in the back of the net.Took me ages to type so I hope you appreciate it!

Cheers dude.

Unfortunatly it''s the same stuff Roeder''s been coming out with all season.

Yes thanks for that [:)]

Just need a link for canary call now and then I''ll be uptodate with the bits I missed [:D]

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Okay, so on Radio Norfolk they didn''t get it intime but it''s up on the official site now so I will type to you what this moron has to say.

Goreham: Glenn Roeder, that was a horrible night for everyone associated with the club.

Roeder: A horrible night, because we were knocked out of the FA Cup. I''m not having it that they played poorly for the whole of the 90 minutes. (We) conceded a poor goal, where the through ball should have been cut out, it wasn''t and the ball was stuck in the back of the net quite easily and it should have been 1 on 1. But we had long periods in the first half and the second half where we should have got something out of the game. But I''ll be the first to admit, we didn''t play well for the whole game. So when we were playing well the crowd were with us, as soon as we gave the ball away a few times the were against us. I understand that. They were against the team, they were against me at times but I have very broad shoulders, I''ve been in the game a long time. I understand their feelings, but, I''m a fighter and I enjoy a fight. I''ll stand up to anybody. We will turn this around, we need to get new players in. Fresh blood, certainly in the top half of the team because this season we''ve missed too many chances when we''ve created them. We have created plenty of chances this year but we haven''t stuck the ball in the back of the net. Unfortunately at the other end we''ve made too many mistakes, but inbetween that there has been plenty of games where the football has been better than last year. But we know we are in a poor position that we need to get out of as quickly as we can. It''s a minute, tiny squad that I''m working with at the moment. But there''s more quality in the squad than last year and we need to keep fighting.

Goreham: You heard the quite loud protests at the end from the supporters, how will that effect you and your players?

Roeder: I will cope with that, no-one likes it, I''d be a liar if I said I enjoyed that, who would? But it wont have that sort of effect on me that some people think it will. Even from being a kiddy where I grew up, we always had to fight. Nothing''s changed now as I''ve become an older mature person. Football changes very quickly, the fans as I said were terrific tonight.
I thought the crowd was a good size considering we have another home game here on Saturday. I think they got behind us when we were on top and there was no hint of them being unhappy. The patience is very thin at the moment, I understand that. We make a few mistakes, give the ball away when we shouldn''t, they let the team know and they let me know too. I hope it doesn''t effect the players, it wont effect me. But I have to protect the players so they can go out on Saturday and put in a winning performance.

Goreham: You said a few moments ago, we will turn this around. What will it take to do that?

Roeder: Sticking our chances in the back of the net to start with and not conceding sloppy goals. Saturday''s goal against us was poorly defended, the cross came in too easily, there was not enough effort to block the cross. If more effort was put in they wouldn''t have scored, we would have got a point against a team that will get promoted in my opinion. We put up a fight, no-one can accuse them of not trying tonight. They didn''t have their best games tonight, some of them can do a lot better in terms of quality.

Goreham: You are convinced the players then, do have the stomach for the fight they''re in at the moment?

Roeder: I have no doubt about that, football''s won and lost in both penalty boxes. Eradicate the mistakes defensively, we''re not getting away with one or two errors, that''s the luck we''re having at the moment. Equally down the other end when we''re making chances, the ball has to go in the back of the net, end of story. That''s what players are paid to do in good goalscoring situations, put the ball in the back of the net.

Took me ages to type so I hope you appreciate it!
[/quote]many thnx

Thank you.

He''s an idiot if he believes that. If not he thinks we''re idiots.

Either way he should be sacked.

I don''t even want him to walk away- I know we can''t afford it but I want him to have another sacking on his CV.

[quote user="Mr. Bump"]Okay, so on Radio Norfolk they didn''t get it intime but it''s up on the official site now so I will type to you what this moron has to say.

Goreham: Glenn Roeder, that was a horrible night for everyone associated with the club.

Roeder: A horrible night, because we were knocked out of the FA Cup. I''m not having it that they played poorly for the whole of the 90 minutes. (We) conceded a poor goal, where the through ball should have been cut out, it wasn''t and the ball was stuck in the back of the net quite easily and it should have been 1 on 1. But we had long periods in the first half and the second half where we should have got something out of the game. But I''ll be the first to admit, we didn''t play well for the whole game. So when we were playing well the crowd were with us, as soon as we gave the ball away a few times the were against us. I understand that. They were against the team, they were against me at times but I have very broad shoulders, I''ve been in the game a long time. I understand their feelings, but, I''m a fighter and I enjoy a fight. I''ll stand up to anybody. We will turn this around, we need to get new players in. Fresh blood, certainly in the top half of the team because this season we''ve missed too many chances when we''ve created them. We have created plenty of chances this year but we haven''t stuck the ball in the back of the net. Unfortunately at the other end we''ve made too many mistakes, but inbetween that there has been plenty of games where the football has been better than last year. But we know we are in a poor position that we need to get out of as quickly as we can. It''s a minute, tiny squad that I''m working with at the moment. But there''s more quality in the squad than last year and we need to keep fighting.

Goreham: You heard the quite loud protests at the end from the supporters, how will that effect you and your players?

Roeder: I will cope with that, no-one likes it, I''d be a liar if I said I enjoyed that, who would? But it wont have that sort of effect on me that some people think it will. Even from being a kiddy where I grew up, we always had to fight. Nothing''s changed now as I''ve become an older mature person. Football changes very quickly, the fans as I said were terrific tonight.
I thought the crowd was a good size considering we have another home game here on Saturday. I think they got behind us when we were on top and there was no hint of them being unhappy. The patience is very thin at the moment, I understand that. We make a few mistakes, give the ball away when we shouldn''t, they let the team know and they let me know too. I hope it doesn''t effect the players, it wont effect me. But I have to protect the players so they can go out on Saturday and put in a winning performance.

Goreham: You said a few moments ago, we will turn this around. What will it take to do that?

Roeder: Sticking our chances in the back of the net to start with and not conceding sloppy goals. Saturday''s goal against us was poorly defended, the cross came in too easily, there was not enough effort to block the cross. If more effort was put in they wouldn''t have scored, we would have got a point against a team that will get promoted in my opinion. We put up a fight, no-one can accuse them of not trying tonight. They didn''t have their best games tonight, some of them can do a lot better in terms of quality.

Goreham: You are convinced the players then, do have the stomach for the fight they''re in at the moment?

Roeder: I have no doubt about that, football''s won and lost in both penalty boxes. Eradicate the mistakes defensively, we''re not getting away with one or two errors, that''s the luck we''re having at the moment. Equally down the other end when we''re making chances, the ball has to go in the back of the net, end of story. That''s what players are paid to do in good goalscoring situations, put the ball in the back of the net.

Took me ages to type so I hope you appreciate it!
[/quote]

About sums it up cheers Glenn...OTBC

Cheers for that mate.

Roeder says ''We have created plenty of chances this year but we haven''t stuck the ball in the back of the net. Unfortunately at the other end we''ve made too many mistakes''

I think that equates to losing many more football matches than you would win Glen.

He knew about the defence last year, yet he has not acted. Every week he chops and changes the defence, there is no consistency. How does expect us to keep clean sheets?

We don’t score goals, we concede far to easily. We’re screwed. But it’s ok, don’t worry, Glen loves a fight.  

Don''t think you typed it. You had it on your PC and just cut and pasted relative passages from previous weeks!

Cheers Mr.Bump, I would not have bothered to read it otherwise.

Just missing "over the moon" and "Sick as a parrot"

So the master tactician''s thoughts summed up, dont let them score and score more ourselves...........Yep I think he may have something there.