Sign in to follow this  
Buncey

A Dark, dark day in the history of NCFC.

Today is probably one of the worst in the history of our fine club, and I personally can''t see things getting much better.Glenn Roeder has run us on a path of self-destruction since last February, and although initial opposed to his sacking I can see no option now. The board have to look at themselves long and hard for being so full-hardy with the length of contract we have granted Roeder. Just looking at his track record it is so easy to see that this season is no shock, and it certainly was forecast by many fans including myself. Yet we find ourselves here, with no plan B. With no players in the pipeline, an ever-decreasing squad size and an ever-decreasing talent base and confidence base. What is the answer by the board? Silence, their incompetence speaks louder than any spin they can slide out of the mouths. What is Roeder''s answer? Probably another attack on the fans of some sort. In fact I''m amazed it has taken so long for such an arrogant, incompetent and just plain dislikeable manager to have survived such bad results and performances, the plain awful record of this just past calender year. But by no means is the blame solely on Roeder.The board have so much to answer for. They sheer incompetence has driven a team challenging in and around the play-offs and consistently in the top half of this league, to a team fighting for it''s life in a relegation battle. Their prudence with ambition motto failed miserably in our and their faces as long ago as the premiership season. Their inability to give Worthy the funds he and we deserved in the premiership gave him nothing but an outside chance of him guiding us to safety. It was plain to see that with Ashton in our team, a signing that was delayed from the summer, from the summer would have probably seen us gather the few measly points that we needed to have stayed up. It''s amazing to think that our chief executive said that the mission statement of the club (in the summer after relegation) that our aim was to consistently challenege for promotion to the premiership and to secure a position as at least a semi-regular top flight team, a yo-yo club. But their policy of sell big, spend low showed what their true aim was. The consistent diversion of flow from the football pitch to infastructure has crippled us both on and off the pitch, and their mis-management has seen a side with such promising talents been sold short and replaced with an ever increasing amount of poor, old and ineffective players. Ashton was sold, and the funds were barely seen again. What if we had kept Ashton and purchased Earnie. We maybe could have made those two extra places and leapt into the play-offs. Both Ashton, a future England internation and Earnie a proven, time and again goal-scorer both would easily have been sold in the event that they had needed to be. Surely that is Prudence with Ambition? Grant was an awful appointment made only worse by the selling of almost

all the remaining talent in the team from underneath him.Is Delia content with the staff, on six figure sums, who have run this club into the ground. Not once has she shown disaproval at the decline of our team. Saying that she will selling up is such an easy option for her. Rather than admitting that her regime has ultimately failed us and her she seemingly clings on to what little is left of this sinking ship. The problem has and  is fixable (but for how long), but it takes a bigger (wo)man to admit to their mistakes and a bigger one to hold tight and right the ship. With no investment forthcoming, Peter Cullum obviously has little care for the club he played for as a child, what are you going to do to make things right again? The fans do not want any more spin and lies, the general contempt to which they have been treated is sickening and you are so lucky to have such a loyal and somewhat retiring fan-base. To blame them like some is not only idiotic but unnecessary. Us fans have had enough bitterness and disrespect to deal with, without being blamed for our problems. Where are the wins going to come from? Can you seriously answer that Glenn? Or have I a lack of international management experience to ask such vital questions. We have no goals, we have no tackles, we have no creative spark, we have no passion, we are sloppy in defence, we have no confidence, we have few talented contracted players. We have no plan B, we have no tactics, we have a bad captain, we have no team chemistry, we have no imagination. We have not got a decent manager. Go now.

[quote user="Fellas"]Today is probably one of the worst in the history of our fine club, and I personally can''t see things getting much better.

Glenn Roeder has run us on a path of self-destruction since last February, and although initial opposed to his sacking I can see no option now. The board have to look at themselves long and hard for being so full-hardy with the length of contract we have granted Roeder. Just looking at his track record it is so easy to see that this season is no shock, and it certainly was forecast by many fans including myself. Yet we find ourselves here, with no plan B. With no players in the pipeline, an ever-decreasing squad size and an ever-decreasing talent base and confidence base. What is the answer by the board? Silence, their incompetence speaks louder than any spin they can slide out of the mouths. What is Roeder''s answer? Probably another attack on the fans of some sort. In fact I''m amazed it has taken so long for such an arrogant, incompetent and just plain dislikeable manager to have survived such bad results and performances, the plain awful record of this just past calender year. But by no means is the blame solely on Roeder.

The board have so much to answer for. They sheer incompetence has driven a team challenging in and around the play-offs and consistently in the top half of this league, to a team fighting for it''s life in a relegation battle. Their prudence with ambition motto failed miserably in our and their faces as long ago as the premiership season. Their inability to give Worthy the funds he and we deserved in the premiership gave him nothing but an outside chance of him guiding us to safety. It was plain to see that with Ashton in our team, a signing that was delayed from the summer, from the summer would have probably seen us gather the few measly points that we needed to have stayed up. It''s amazing to think that our chief executive said that the mission statement of the club (in the summer after relegation) that our aim was to consistently challenege for promotion to the premiership and to secure a position as at least a semi-regular top flight team, a yo-yo club. But their policy of sell big, spend low showed what their true aim was. The consistent diversion of flow from the football pitch to infastructure has crippled us both on and off the pitch, and their mis-management has seen a side with such promising talents been sold short and replaced with an ever increasing amount of poor, old and ineffective players. Ashton was sold, and the funds were barely seen again. What if we had kept Ashton and purchased Earnie. We maybe could have made those two extra places and leapt into the play-offs. Both Ashton, a future England internation and Earnie a proven, time and again goal-scorer both would easily have been sold in the event that they had needed to be. Surely that is Prudence with Ambition? Grant was an awful appointment made only worse by the selling of almost all the remaining talent in the team from underneath him.

Is Delia content with the staff, on six figure sums, who have run this club into the ground. Not once has she shown disaproval at the decline of our team. Saying that she will selling up is such an easy option for her. Rather than admitting that her regime has ultimately failed us and her she seemingly clings on to what little is left of this sinking ship. The problem has and  is fixable (but for how long), but it takes a bigger (wo)man to admit to their mistakes and a bigger one to hold tight and right the ship. With no investment forthcoming, Peter Cullum obviously has little care for the club he played for as a child, what are you going to do to make things right again? The fans do not want any more spin and lies, the general contempt to which they have been treated is sickening and you are so lucky to have such a loyal and somewhat retiring fan-base. To blame them like some is not only idiotic but unnecessary. Us fans have had enough bitterness and disrespect to deal with, without being blamed for our problems.

Where are the wins going to come from? Can you seriously answer that Glenn? Or have I a lack of international management experience to ask such vital questions. We have no goals, we have no tackles, we have no creative spark, we have no passion, we are sloppy in defence, we have no confidence, we have few talented contracted players. We have no plan B, we have no tactics, we have a bad captain, we have no team chemistry, we have no imagination. We have not got a decent manager. Go now.

[/quote]all spot on

[quote user="Fellas"]Today is probably one of the worst in the history of our fine club, and I personally can''t see things getting much better.

Glenn Roeder has run us on a path of self-destruction since last February, and although initial opposed to his sacking I can see no option now. The board have to look at themselves long and hard for being so full-hardy with the length of contract we have granted Roeder. Just looking at his track record it is so easy to see that this season is no shock, and it certainly was forecast by many fans including myself. Yet we find ourselves here, with no plan B. With no players in the pipeline, an ever-decreasing squad size and an ever-decreasing talent base and confidence base. What is the answer by the board? Silence, their incompetence speaks louder than any spin they can slide out of the mouths. What is Roeder''s answer? Probably another attack on the fans of some sort. In fact I''m amazed it has taken so long for such an arrogant, incompetent and just plain dislikeable manager to have survived such bad results and performances, the plain awful record of this just past calender year. But by no means is the blame solely on Roeder.

The board have so much to answer for. They sheer incompetence has driven a team challenging in and around the play-offs and consistently in the top half of this league, to a team fighting for it''s life in a relegation battle. Their prudence with ambition motto failed miserably in our and their faces as long ago as the premiership season. Their inability to give Worthy the funds he and we deserved in the premiership gave him nothing but an outside chance of him guiding us to safety. It was plain to see that with Ashton in our team, a signing that was delayed from the summer, from the summer would have probably seen us gather the few measly points that we needed to have stayed up. It''s amazing to think that our chief executive said that the mission statement of the club (in the summer after relegation) that our aim was to consistently challenege for promotion to the premiership and to secure a position as at least a semi-regular top flight team, a yo-yo club. But their policy of sell big, spend low showed what their true aim was. The consistent diversion of flow from the football pitch to infastructure has crippled us both on and off the pitch, and their mis-management has seen a side with such promising talents been sold short and replaced with an ever increasing amount of poor, old and ineffective players. Ashton was sold, and the funds were barely seen again. What if we had kept Ashton and purchased Earnie. We maybe could have made those two extra places and leapt into the play-offs. Both Ashton, a future England internation and Earnie a proven, time and again goal-scorer both would easily have been sold in the event that they had needed to be. Surely that is Prudence with Ambition? Grant was an awful appointment made only worse by the selling of almost all the remaining talent in the team from underneath him.

Is Delia content with the staff, on six figure sums, who have run this club into the ground. Not once has she shown disaproval at the decline of our team. Saying that she will selling up is such an easy option for her. Rather than admitting that her regime has ultimately failed us and her she seemingly clings on to what little is left of this sinking ship. The problem has and  is fixable (but for how long), but it takes a bigger (wo)man to admit to their mistakes and a bigger one to hold tight and right the ship. With no investment forthcoming, Peter Cullum obviously has little care for the club he played for as a child, what are you going to do to make things right again? The fans do not want any more spin and lies, the general contempt to which they have been treated is sickening and you are so lucky to have such a loyal and somewhat retiring fan-base. To blame them like some is not only idiotic but unnecessary. Us fans have had enough bitterness and disrespect to deal with, without being blamed for our problems.

Where are the wins going to come from? Can you seriously answer that Glenn? Or have I a lack of international management experience to ask such vital questions. We have no goals, we have no tackles, we have no creative spark, we have no passion, we are sloppy in defence, we have no confidence, we have few talented contracted players. We have no plan B, we have no tactics, we have a bad captain, we have no team chemistry, we have no imagination. We have not got a decent manager. Go now.

[/quote]

A sorry state of affairs

Very good, seems like we all are posting the same sorry story of NCFC.

Just what do we have to put up with!!

I seem to post the same message week after week.

It seems to lift the pain slightly just writing it all down!

Cheers

A great post Fellas, summing our currant predicament up perfectly.

The thing that gets me is that this isn’t a season that we can just write off as poor and move on. No this is a season, which, ultimately could end in relegation to league one, and if that happens, quite simply we’re having a nightmare. I dare not even think about what would happen to our club.

Roeder will go, I have no doubt about that, but crucially he must be removed now, there is no time to waste. Every day he stays is another day that the new manager has not got to alter our failing squad.

Deep down however, I know it will be longer until he gets the push (perhaps end of January), by which time could the damage have already been done?

I literally despair about us.

OTBC

I honestly believe that Roeder''s appointment saved us from going down last season. I even thought he had put together a decent squad on a limited (non-existent) budget. A squad capable of a comfortable mid-table position, or maybe a playoff spot if the luck went our way. Yep, I was prepared to give the bloke a chance for stability''s sake.

He''s had that chance, and proved beyond doubt that he is not capable of doing the job.

Please Mr.Roeder, go now while their is still time to avoid the drop. If that is too hard a decision to take, would the board please make it for him.

[quote user="Fellas"]We have no goals, we have no tackles, we have no creative spark, we have no passion, we are sloppy in defence, we have no confidence, we have few talented contracted players. We have no plan B, we have no tactics, we have a bad captain, we have no team chemistry, we have no imagination. We have not got a decent manager.[/quote]Apart from that we''re pretty good...

[quote user="Sooty57"]I honestly believe that Roeder''s appointment saved us from going down last season. I even thought he had put together a decent squad on a limited (non-existent) budget. A squad capable of a comfortable mid-table position, or maybe a playoff spot if the luck went our way. Yep, I was prepared to give the bloke a chance for stability''s sake. He''s had that chance, and proved beyond doubt that he is not capable of doing the job. Please Mr.Roeder, go now while their is still time to avoid the drop. If that is too hard a decision to take, would the board please make it for him.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.  Our squad is good enough for a comfortable mid-table position but for whatever reason round about February last year they stopped playing consistently and over the last few weeks it has become very clear that Roeder has completely lost the ability to motivate them or decide on a formation and stick to it leading to some abject performances.

His comments post game about being a fighter, understanding why the fans are frustrated etc sound increasingly like a man who knows the end is near though.  I do not believe he will do the honourable thing like Grant but if we dont get a result on Saturday the Board will really be left with no choice but to take action.  Of course, with their track record for making appointments and a lack of cash God only knows what happens then...Anyone know what Jim Duffy is doing these days?????

[quote user="Pboro_Canary"]

[quote user="Sooty57"]I honestly believe that Roeder''s appointment saved us from going down last season. I even thought he had put together a decent squad on a limited (non-existent) budget. A squad capable of a comfortable mid-table position, or maybe a playoff spot if the luck went our way. Yep, I was prepared to give the bloke a chance for stability''s sake. He''s had that chance, and proved beyond doubt that he is not capable of doing the job. Please Mr.Roeder, go now while their is still time to avoid the drop. If that is too hard a decision to take, would the board please make it for him.[/quote]

Totally agree with this.  Our squad is good enough for a comfortable mid-table position but for whatever reason round about February last year they stopped playing consistently and over the last few weeks it has become very clear that Roeder has completely lost the ability to motivate them or decide on a formation and stick to it leading to some abject performances.

His comments post game about being a fighter, understanding why the fans are frustrated etc sound increasingly like a man who knows the end is near though.  I do not believe he will do the honourable thing like Grant but if we dont get a result on Saturday the Board will really be left with no choice but to take action.  Of course, with their track record for making appointments and a lack of cash God only knows what happens then...Anyone know what Jim Duffy is doing these days?????

[/quote]

Mr Duffy has just been appointed manager of Brechin City to continue what the Brechin chairman describes as "an illustrious managerial career."[:|]

[quote user="Camuldonum"]

Mr Duffy has just been appointed manager of Brechin City to continue what the Brechin chairman describes as "an illustrious managerial career."[:|]

[/quote]

Thanks Cam, looks like we will have to go with Bryan Gunn in temporary charge then...cue three successive defeats and several posts from Wiz that the Cook is definately going to give him the job on a permanent basis [:(]