Sign in to follow this  
WeAreYellows49

Norwich City v Charlton FA Cup fourth round

WeAreYellows49 by the amount you''ve posted on this thread im guessing you''re trying to boost your post count ;) haha

[quote user="Dionysus"]We''re all angry about the state of the club NIN. Many of us, myself included, think Roeder is a sh*t manager and has always been a sh*t manager. Look what he did to West Ham with the squad that they had. However, I''m sure you don''t genuinely wish a tumour upon him. You misjudged your comments and probably realise that so instead of digging yourself into a hole, do the right thing and apologise.[/quote]

BAD TASTE OK. IM SORRY

BUT HE IS STILL AN AR~EHOLE AND I WISH HE WOULD PI$$OFF

[quote user="braintree canary"]extra time and penalties anyone?[/quote]

I hope not. I''ve had a long day and am bloody knackered. I was hoping for an early night.

Mind you.......... what else should we expect?

Defender Gary Doherty is banking on tomorrow''s FA Cup meeting with Charlton providing the spark Norwich City desperately need to ignite a Championship revival.

Saturday''s 1-0 defeat at Sheffield United left the Canaries a perilous 21st in the table, kept out of the bottom three only by virtue of better goal difference than Southampton.

After seeing their side win just three of their last 14 league games, worried supporters may have a certain ambivalence towards City''s FA Cup fate.

But Doherty insisted winning the third round replay against the bottom-of-the-table Londoners at Carrow Road (7.45pm) was crucial in providing players and fans alike with a lift ahead of the visit of Barnsley on Saturday, with the Saints arriving 10 days later.

He said: “We need our home form to go through the roof - to stay in the Cup at home to Charlton and get everyone behind us going into the Barnsley game on Saturday because that''s absolutely massive for us now.”

Victory over Charlton - who have not won in 18 matches in all competitions - would book City a trip to Leyton Orient or Sheffield United, again, on January 24.

Said Doherty: “A win gives us confidence, it gets a good buzz instead of losing the game and everyone going home in a dire mood.

“It gets everyone happy and going into the game on Saturday, you want everyone cheery and expectant that we''re going to play well and the fans are going to get behind us. We really need that at the minute because it''s an absolutely massive game
.”

I don''t think many would disagree that we would be best off without him at our club but in no way would I wish ill on the man. Rightly apologised NIN.

Also, what a shower of............ Sshhhhhhh

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

13,997 there tonight.

Blimey lol a sign of things to come?

[/quote]

Actually, that is not too bad, considering.  I remember plenty of lower crowds than that when we were in the top flight!

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

13,997 there tonight.

[/quote]

Not surprising really is it, think us season ticket holders have voted with their feet tonight and can''t blame us can you, who wants to pay extra to watch more of the crap we''ve been subjected to.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

Come on Wes!

Genius by Roeder. 1-0 down so let''s take a striker off! The football Zen master strikes again.

[/quote]

what a fantastic footballing mind. the man is a genius

IS HE A BINNER IN DISGUISE???

[quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

13,997 there tonight.

[/quote]

Actually, that is not too bad, considering.  I remember plenty of lower crowds than that when we were in the top flight!

[/quote]

Yes, but it''s a mild dry evening and there must be loads of  '' kids for a quid '' rattling around in there tonight....

Surely Roeder can''t survive, not just this result, but the bloody awful performance? We clearly have no pride or motivation left.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Captain Fotheringham has been subbed out!  We are a headless chicken now. NOT!  Watch us score twice and win.[/quote]

THATS WHAT I LIKE........mindless optimism

[quote user="......and Smith must score."][quote user="Branston Pickle"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

13,997 there tonight.

[/quote]

[/quote]

Yes, but it''s a mild dry evening and there must be loads of  '' kids for a quid '' rattling around in there tonight....

[/quote]

.....it was kids for a quid in those days, too [:p]

[quote user="CT "][quote user="meatballncfc"]can anybody hear the chants :D[/quote]

I''m guessing the crowd arent chanting ''board out'' - some people dont see the bigger picture.....
[/quote]

no just "roeder out" and "you dont know what you''re doing"

[quote user="BG"]

[quote user="braintree canary"]at least charlton are a decent side recently in the premiership so no disgrace if we do lose .[/quote]

yes... and bottom of the table

[/quote]

he must be joking. they were a poor side even in the premierleague, just had a good manager.

Charlton are in dire straights and haven''t won in 18 games. Their team is half has-beens, a third youth, and the rest average Championship players. we are embarrasing ourselves out there

i''d rather we played a few youngsters of our own and went out trying...