Sign in to follow this  
listen (formerly MG7)

Is it just me...

... or are other people wondering why on earth posts from a year ago are being revived, for no other reason than to look back at them and chuckle with an air of superiority?

I''ve read the posts, and most of what people were saying was true at the time - we WERE playing pretty negative tactics at the start of last season, we DID need a striker, a talisman.

From what I can make out, the posters were simply saying that if these things were not changed, we would be an average Division One side. They were right, we would have been.

Bringing these posts back to try and make the original posters look and feel stupid serves no purpose as far as I''m concerned.

I''m sure we all know how lucky we are to be in the Premiership, but the whole point of being a football fan (or player, manager, member of the board) is to continually strive for improvement, to take yourself up to the next level.

It is true that we need another striker and defender now, which is why people are suggesting it again, but it doesn''t mean we''re ungrateful for the situation we find ourselves in, or complacent.

Rant over :)

true true true..if I ever read that post which starts with Luke Beckett being avaliable for transfer I think i might scream!!

Nah, it wasn''t to make people look stupid - most of them are long gone anyway!

The point is, this time last year it was all doom and gloom and people thought Worthy didn''t know what he was doing. Clearly neither was really the case, as hindsight now proves, so perhaps all the moaning that has started of late is also misplaced. It could be the end of Aug before we get the players we need, just like last year.

I just think a bit more optimism is called for... look at those old posts and see how far we''ve come in under a year! Luke Beckett... LOL!

As I understand it, people weren''t being pessimistic, they were simply saying that if certain things didn''t happen (players being brought in, tactics becoming more offensive), that we would struggle to compete.

All of that was true - and when the players were brought in and the tactics were improved, look what happened!

As for now, people are saying that without another defender, right winger and number 9, we''ll struggle in the Premiership. That, too, is true.

The people who are concerned are right to be concerned - we WILL struggle without another two or three good players. Football fans aren''t stupid, especially those on this board, and I feel that voicing concerns is not being pessimistic, it is being realistic.