Sign in to follow this  
ricardo

Ricardo's Report v Charlton

Sorry folks but I was so angry when I arrived home last night that I did not think I could give a balanced report without leaving a bit of time for reflection.

The anger has barely subsided this morning which is not surprising considering I had to witness a match remarkable only for the depth of ineptitude on display. GR tells us we have to give up the heroes of the past and embrace new heroes but on last nights eveidence Norwich City heroes are rarer than hens teeth.  What gripes me most of all though, is that I had to witness the shirts of those 1959 ledgends being besmirched by such a talentless, spiritless bunch of gutless wonders. Gary Doherty apart, if any of the rest of them can pick up their wages this week with a clear concience then I would be amazed.

Did we ever pose a threat to the Charlton goal? Apart from Corts header I don''t recall their keeper having a save to make and the snail like progress we made in moving the ball forward was painfull to watch. Its all sideways and backwards with no incisive movement forward. If the goals were at the side of the pitch instead of at the ends I could see some point to it.

Where is the "goto guy", the one who can be relied on to pull out a bit of magic when the going gets tough? I''ll tell you Mr. Roeder, he''s sitting in the Jarrold Stand. Mr. Roeder, you have made the same mistake as Worthy did when he got rid of Ewan and Malky a season too early and we are going to pay for your pride with relegation.

[quote user="ricardo"]

Sorry folks but I was so angry when I arrived home last night that I did not think I could give a balanced report without leaving a bit of time for reflection.

The anger has barely subsided this morning which is not surprising considering I had to witness a match remarkable only for the depth of ineptitude on display. GR tells us we have to give up the heroes of the past and embrace new heroes but on last nights eveidence Norwich City heroes are rarer than hens teeth.  What gripes me most of all though, is that I had to witness the shirts of those 1959 ledgends being besmirched by such a talentless, spiritless bunch of gutless wonders. Gary Doherty apart, if any of the rest of them can pick up their wages this week with a clear concience then I would be amazed.

Did we ever pose a threat to the Charlton goal? Apart from Corts header I don''t recall their keeper having a save to make and the snail like progress we made in moving the ball forward was painfull to watch. Its all sideways and backwards with no incisive movement forward. If the goals were at the side of the pitch instead of at the ends I could see some point to it.

Where is the "goto guy", the one who can be relied on to pull out a bit of magic when the going gets tough? I''ll tell you Mr. Roeder, he''s sitting in the Jarrold Stand. Mr. Roeder, you have made the same mistake as Worthy did when he got rid of Ewan and Malky a season too early and we are going to pay for your pride with relegation.

[/quote]

Ricardo, I agree with every word of this. I, like you, am still smoking with rage this morning at the worst performance I have ever witnessed from our team.

As you rightly point out we had NO shots on target in the first half, Cort''s header was in the 55 minute. As The Jam used to say ''That''s Entertainment''

As I sat listening to the match unfold I have to admit I felt glad I didn''t get a ticket. Money''s a bit tight after Xmas, and while I could have stretched to it, the way we''re playing made it an easy decision.It''s not the fact we''re losing so many or even the league position, it''s the manner of the defeats which is starting to wear me down. I''m not one of these unrealistic dreamers who believes we automatically belong in the top flight, but I at least want to see us have a go.It''s easy to blame Roeder, it''s easy to blame the board. But Roeder has had reasonable funds - not huge, but plenty of other teams in this league have done more with less - and the players we have at the club now ought to be performing better.Too many bottlers out there, too many players hiding, week after week.Funny that one of the players I would not accuse of that, the Doc, is a favourite hate figure on here with the hard of thinking. Say what you like about the big man, but if the entire team played with his commitment we''d be at the other end of the table.

[quote user="Herb"]As I sat listening to the match unfold I have to admit I felt glad I didn''t get a ticket. Money''s a bit tight after Xmas, and while I could have stretched to it, the way we''re playing made it an easy decision.

It''s not the fact we''re losing so many or even the league position, it''s the manner of the defeats which is starting to wear me down. I''m not one of these unrealistic dreamers who believes we automatically belong in the top flight, but I at least want to see us have a go.

It''s easy to blame Roeder, it''s easy to blame the board. But Roeder has had reasonable funds - not huge, but plenty of other teams in this league have done more with less - and the players we have at the club now ought to be performing better.

Too many bottlers out there, too many players hiding, week after week.
Funny that one of the players I would not accuse of that, the Doc, is a favourite hate figure on here with the hard of thinking.
Say what you like about the big man, but if the entire team played with his commitment we''d be at the other end of the table.
[/quote]

Sadly Herb, I have to conceed that you made the right decision not to go last night.

I fear that last nights 13000 plus crowd is only a harbinger of what we have in store for us next season. I shall still be there, mug that I am. fifty plus years is a hard habit to break but this lot are slowly ripping the heart out of me and I don''t want to get to the position where I no longer care anymore.