Sign in to follow this  
ncfc90

Neil Adams

Shouldn''t be on the radio, whilst working for NCFC, whenever a caller says something critical about Roeder he never agrees, and changes the subject of the question.

It''s called professionalism ncfc90. You have to read between the lines of what he says. He cannot simply slag everyone off - would make poor journalism. Wait a couple of days (hopefully) and you''ll hear then what he really thinks!

Maybe Roeder reinstated him for that very reason? Just a thought.

Listening to Canary Call here in Glasgow as I type...

Disagree, he has clearly stated that tonights performance wasnt good enough and that we only performed for 20 mins out of 180 against the worst team in the league.

He clearly stated that we need two strikers in for Saturday. He isnt happy with the situation, he is just remaining calm.

Funny though that before he was sacked, sorry released by Roeder he was highly critical and now he tends to be defensive of him.

Disagree. I may not always agree with them man but lately I think Adams is critical and speaks openly about the dire straights our football club is in.

Adams for me always calls it as it is. He has said it was an unacceptable performance tonight and that we have basically the next three matches which we have to get at least 7 points from all of which is true. It would be a pretty rubbish show if he didnt analyse why we are rubbish in his opinion and just agreed and ranted at the club with every single caller. He''s hardly saying we''re good is he?

I think he is pretty straightfoward while remaining professional in the face of some right twats on the phone.Another case of a Norwich fan not seeing and hearing what is actually there.[quote user="ncfc90"]Shouldn''t be on the radio, whilst working for NCFC, whenever a caller says something critical about Roeder he never agrees, and changes the subject of the question.[/quote]

I agree to some extent that at times he refuses to openly criticise the manager, but to be fair you can hardly blame him! Cannot be easy working for the club, and as a pundit - and so you have to expect he will sit on the fence at times.

Neil Adams is a very capable summariser but time and time again he sits on the fence quite simply because he is employed by the Club. He was critical once before and Neil was sidelined for a while.

It was very noticeable tonight that when Greg Downs had his say he was far more clearcut. He summed it up in a nutshell that there is no team quality on the pitch. Roeder is obviously the one to blame because he decides tactics and is supposed to motivate the team. On the other hand Neil''s main thrust was that we have got to get so many points from next few games.  He kept pointing to the team''s many deficiences and obviously agreed with Greg but always resisted blaming Roeder - because he can''t. !!!!

Neil is a nice guy but is too close to the Club to be totally impartial.

[quote user="ncfc90"]But he shouldn''t be employed by the BBC to do it, whilst he has his hands tied[/quote]

The problem is that he has to deal with callers comprising 95% morons on Canary Call. Viz., Jason tonight, who basically ended up saying "Thank you Neil for pointing out that my comments were ill-conceived and stooooopid"!

Adams does a good journalistic job, bearing in mind he''s not a journalist. Also, he knows about the game, which is more than can be said for the majority of the bozos who phone in.   

[quote user="wilw6"]

Maybe Roeder reinstated him for that very reason? Just a thought.

Listening to Canary Call here in Glasgow as I type...

[/quote]said the exact same thing to my m8 while driving home from the game...thought he was quite fair tonight tho

I thought Adams was very fair last night, not that there was much to defend. He said that the club could fold if we went down, which we are almost certain to do. That was a bold statement by him, which I didn''t expect.

I think he is too nice to people, pretty much whatever is said he starts with, i agree to some extent, It is as if Radio Norfolk have told him you can''t disagree with anyone in case they don''t ring in again. We need someone who will call you an idiot if you have a stupid point. Get ADRIAN DURHAM on radio Norfolk