Sign in to follow this  
BRAVEHEART

RUSSELL AND PATTISON SHOULD PLAY IN CENTRAL MIDFIELD.

I think Roeder should play Russell and Pattison in central midfield, I think they would make a good combination. They both can score goals, and defend, so why not try playing them in the middle. Playing Clingan in the middle clearly isn''t working from my point of view. This is the team I would pick.------------------------------------------------------------------------------                                          MarshallOtsemobor                Doherty          Grounds                  Drury                               Pattison                                                    RussellCroft                                                                             Bell                                Cort              Lupoli------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Clingan didn''t have the best of games last night, I''d be the first to admit, but he''s been head and shoulders our best midfielder. The problem is Roeder''s insistence of playing Clingan with Fozzy who does exactly the same as Clingan and offers no forward threat. It needs to be either Clingan or Fozzy paired with either Pattison or Rusty.

agree with that, russell MUST play in centre midfield, but Bell is not fit or good enough, cort is not match fit 60 mins tops,

semmy is not fit.

Clingan is good at defending, but doesn''t offer any threat going forward, the poor old strikers are relied on too much, they are expected to score all the goals. Russell and Pattison can defend and attack, and score goals. Russell and Pattison is a partnership that hasn''t been tried yet, so why not give it a try. Who knows it might be the winning formula which gets us results? All I am saying is it is worth a try. If Roeder has any sense he will try it, and not be an idiot like he was when all the fans were saying he should play Lupoli, instead of Russell who is not a striker.

I think we''re still missing Damien Francis, or rather his type of player - box-to-box attacking midfielder.  Rusty is probably the closest we''ve come over the years but he does have a touch of the ''headless chicken syndrome'' about him at times.  With present personnel though, you''re half right - Clingan holding and Rusty attacking would be better than Clingan and Fozzy...

Marshall

Omuzusi        Doherty         Grounds           Drury/bertrand (dont care)

Clingan

Croft                     Russell                 DARREN HUCKERBY, BECAUSE BELL IS SHIT

Hoolahan

Lupoli

Or as above

With Hoolahan on the left, and Lupoli and New GOOD striker upfront

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]I think we''re still missing Damien Francis, or rather his type of player - box-to-box attacking midfielder.  Rusty is probably the closest we''ve come over the years but he does have a touch of the ''headless chicken syndrome'' about him at times.  With present personnel though, you''re half right - Clingan holding and Rusty attacking would be better than Clingan and Fozzy...
[/quote]

Etuhu was close, when he fancied playing well

What I would like to see....                               Marshall                Ozumuzi    Doherty      GroundsSemmy                                                         Bertrand                      Clingan            Russell                                   Hoolahan                      xxxxx            Lupoli

xxxx = new strong, tall strikerBoth semmy and bertrand suffer from letting too many crosses in and not attacking enough. This would enable both to use they''re pace and attack the wings whilst also having cover (through ozumuzi and grounds) when they need it to defend. Clingan and russell can play where they play best as holding / hustling midfielders. Hoolahan can play in the hole, feeding the ball to xxxx and lupoli.Obviusly the only problem with this formation is no Croft.