Sign in to follow this  
First Wizard

Roeder IS the problem!

Its not the board wasting our money on expensive loanees who never play, or pick a team with no strikers in!

Nor have they shut the ressies down and sent out our own players to score for other sides. Delia and Co haven''t continually ignored the striker situation, played defenders as strikers or played others out of position.

Only one bugger has done all that................Roeder.

Yes, the damn board has to go, but after Roeder, not before.[:|]

Roeder is a problem. The board are another. But frankly unless there''s someone with the necessary cash sitting around wanting to take us over, I don''t think we have much of a choice about the board.

What we need is a manager who can get the best out of what we''ve got.

as i said before , and got grief for it , my friend neil who was in the norwich youth squad, i think 2001 - 2002

knows a couple of former players , still really good friends with them ,the players have no respect for him , i should imagine thats easy to believe as neither have the fans..!!!

it would be a step in the right direction to get rid of this clueless jerk.

TMM, you hit the nail on the head there. Smudger and all these other "out-board"ists seem to think it''s easy to get rid of the board. Delia and MWJ hold the majority shareholding and until that issue can be altered the make-up of the board is very much under her control unless I''m much mistaken.And Wiz, you''re right too. Roeder is at fault for what''s on the pitch, both playing and sitting in the stands or on the bench. I still cannot believe he sold Shackell - a face that didn''t fit who could be sold, unlike poor Lappin who is a face that doesn''t fit but can''t be sold.

[quote user="1st Wizard"]

Its not the board wasting our money on expensive loanees who never play, or pick a team with no strikers in!

Nor have they shut the ressies down and sent out our own players to score for other sides. Delia and Co haven''t continually ignored the striker situation, played defenders as strikers or played others out of position.

[/quote]

Funny... but I thought Grant and Worthy done all them things too??? [:^)] [:$]

[/quote]

Again you reflect my view Wiz, we just need someone, doesn''t have to be a high profile manager! He needs to be able to communicate to fans and players. He needs to be someone we can relate to.
There must be someone who can do a good job, without being an arrogant bastard like rodent

[quote user="Morph"]TMM, you hit the nail on the head there. Smudger and all these other "out-board"ists seem to think it''s easy to get rid of the board. Delia and MWJ hold the majority shareholding and until that issue can be altered the make-up of the board is very much under her control unless I''m much mistaken.And Wiz, you''re right too. Roeder is at fault for what''s on the pitch, both playing and sitting in the stands or on the bench. I still cannot believe he sold Shackell - a face that didn''t fit who could be sold, unlike poor Lappin who is a face that doesn''t fit but can''t be sold.[/quote] Why can''t you believe he sold Shackell. We got good money for a defender who was average at best.

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

For once you are spot on there, Smudger!

[quote user="Smudger"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

And may I remind you that it was Grants squad which went on that 13 game unbeaten run, and at least Worthy got us up!

Wiz, correct me if I''m wrong (and I don''t think I am) but when Roeder first took over I believe you were calling for him to walk away because the board were obviously not going to back him and he would end up struggling (having to fill the squad with loans).Now that this Wiz prediction has come true (shocking, I know) why is it suddenly Roeder''s fault alone?  I hate to side with Smudger here, but whatever manager has been in charge the last 3 or 4 years has turned into a scapegoat, allowing us all to ignore the bigger issue.  18 months ago, Wiz, you seemed to have hit the nail on the head, so why the change of tune? Or is it pointless asking?

[quote user="Evil Monkey"]Wiz, correct me if I''m wrong (and I don''t think I am) but when Roeder first took over I believe you were calling for him to walk away because the board were obviously not going to back him and he would end up struggling (having to fill the squad with loans).

Now that this Wiz prediction has come true (shocking, I know) why is it suddenly Roeder''s fault alone?  I hate to side with Smudger here, but whatever manager has been in charge the last 3 or 4 years has turned into a scapegoat, allowing us all to ignore the bigger issue.  18 months ago, Wiz, you seemed to have hit the nail on the head, so why the change of tune? Or is it pointless asking?
[/quote]

I didn''t want him here in the first place EM, http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065172/ShowPost.aspx

Okay, I got all excited and carried away when we went on that 13 games unbeaten run, with Grants players, didn''t we all, but in general, I despise the arrogant tool!

I didn''t want him here in the first place EM, http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1065172/ShowPost.aspx

Okay, I got all excited and carried away when we went on that 13 games unbeaten run, with Grants players, didn''t we all, but in general, I despise the arrogant tool!

[/quote]That''s strange, because 12 days later you were saying, as I had thought, that Roeder should leave before he is used by the board as a scapegoat.  And from what I read of that you were saying that you weren''t going to support any manager because of the mess this board has gotten us into...You also said, in your later post, regarding Roeder: "I believe you to be a good and honest man, and none of this

bloody mess is of your making, and very few of the fans would blame you

for walking."
http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1078603/ShowPost.aspx

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

[/quote]
That''s strange, because 12 days later you were saying, as I had thought, that Roeder should leave before he is used by the board as a scapegoat.  And from what I read of that you were saying that you weren''t going to support any manager because of the mess this board has gotten us into...

You also said, in your later post, regarding Roeder: "I believe you to be a good and honest man, and none of this bloody mess is of your making, and very few of the fans would blame you for walking."

http://new.pinkun.com/cs/forums/1078603/ShowPost.aspx

[/quote]

Err?

Yes, the financial mess the club is in was originally caused by the board,  but the playing side I didn''t comment on did I EM?

Well today I am!.

Roeder is definitely the problem. His arrogance and favouritism have led to the squad becoming disjointed and for the most part disinterested. His ludicrous policy of only playing Hoolahan (our most creative force) every other game at the most, is ridiculous. Hoolahan played week in, week out for Blackpool and in an arguably more physical league than the Championship and low and behold he weighs in with goals and assists and is the major reason why Blackpool get promotion. Hucks aside, Wes is the most talented player we''ve had at the club for a long time - Roeder is in danger of alienating and eventually losing this bright spark. His claim that Lupoli is "not built right" is laughable. He must be right though because look at Rob Earnshaw, built like a brick outhouse that lad isnt he?! Finally his stubborn refusal to call-back Spillane/Martin/Cureton from their respective loan spells, despite the fact we are in desperate need of reinforcements, is quite simply crazy. Yes they might not be world-beaters, but they sure as hell can''t be any worse than what we''ve already got.

Roeder has tried his best, but a combination of his own arrogance and a squad far too relient upon loan players, will ultimately take this club down.

Just go. Please Glenn.

Err?

Yes, the financial mess the club is in was originally caused by the board,  but the playing side I didn''t comment on did I EM?

Well today I am!.

[/quote]But what about the money, Wiz? The sad fact is that this club has none, and that reflects in our transfer policy - loans, cheap buys and freebies.  In many ways Roeder has done well with the players he has signed - Sammy Clingan on a free, Hoolahan (who swings wildly between scapegoat and fan favourite) for pittance, Lita on loan who is now commanding 7-figure transfer sums.  Not many managers would have been able to get those players in.I''m not saying that the playing side of things is good - someone made the point the other day that Roeder makes a good Director of Football but a bad Coach and I think that''s spot on.  But you have to ask yourself where these problems have come from - if Roeder did well to sign decent players on the cheap, he could have probably done more than enough to keep us at least mid-table with a little bit of cash.  That, I believe, was what he was promised - the funds to rebuild from scratch over his 3 year tenure - and what has failed to be delivered by the board.It scary really, cos I''m actually agreeing with you - its just that I''m agreeing with the you of November 2007.........

[/quote]

Can you prove that the loanees are expensive Wiz?

Yes we will pay a small fee but for players like Bertrand, Evans,Gibbs,Henry,Omozusi, Grounds, Koroma and Lupoli we are not paying a great deal for them as the move is benefiting there development. I would much rather have these boys than our own as they are alot better.

The real expensive one was Lita (thanks Carl Moore) and Sibierski. The latter incidentally was a player that 95% of people wanted to sign.

For me...its the board, who willyet again appoint a manager who comes under fire within a year.

[quote user="Evil Monkey"][quote user="1st Wizard"]

Err?

Well today I am!.

[/quote]
But what about the money, Wiz? The sad fact is that this club has none, and that reflects in our transfer policy - loans, cheap buys and freebies.  In many ways Roeder has done well with the players he has signed - Sammy Clingan on a free, Hoolahan (who swings wildly between scapegoat and fan favourite) for pittance, Lita on loan who is now commanding 7-figure transfer sums.  Not many managers would have been able to get those players in.

I''m not saying that the playing side of things is good - someone made the point the other day that Roeder makes a good Director of Football but a bad Coach and I think that''s spot on.  But you have to ask yourself where these problems have come from - if Roeder did well to sign decent players on the cheap, he could have probably done more than enough to keep us at least mid-table with a little bit of cash.  That, I believe, was what he was promised - the funds to rebuild from scratch over his 3 year tenure - and what has failed to be delivered by the board.

It scary really, cos I''m actually agreeing with you - its just that I''m agreeing with the you of November 2007.........
[/quote]

Agree 100% mate. Spot on.