Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Norwich City sack Glenn Roeder

Don''t get me wrong here...sacking him was the right thing to do and maybe should have been done before Xmas...but give Roeder a little credit for keeping us up last year when we looked doomed.

I also don''t agree we are in a bigger mess now than 18 months ago. We have some decent players but they just look totally unmotivated and not understanding of what they have to do!

It''s a huge relief that he has gone now though!

Blimey. The board must have been passed last night''s gate receipts, moving them sufficiently to give him the boot.

Incredible what effect a bit of lost revenue can have on a bunch of usually placid/inert directors, hmm?

[Don''t tell me the sacking has anything to do with results/tactics/performances]

Footnote, Fozzy must be devestated. He''ll SURELY never play for Norwich again now...  

Phew! many thanks for all he did last season, but he really took the biscuit this season! We''ve got more balls than Newcastle or West Ham, and i hope we''re rewarded now with a fine manegerial appointment who can not only steer us to safety, but get us a good team going.

Now was the time to act and fair play to the board for making the decision - let''s just hope that they make a better choice for a replacement this time. Actually starting to feel a little more positive now.... [:O]

Turn your speakers up!!  [url]http://www.minnesotaorchestra.org/audio/handel_messiah_hallelujah_chorus.mp3[/url]  [B][B][<:o)][:D]

What a shame we weren''t given the chance to say a proper "farewell" to him. It''s a disgrace. He''s been a great servant to the club.....

...but the I guess what goes around, comes around. But let''s say it anyway....Farewell to undoubtedly the least popular manager this clue has ever seen.

Neil Warnock anyone?

Thing is its backs against the wall time now. Whoever is in charge on Saturday we must get behind the team. He''s gone now which is great but we are still in the position we are in and we MUST beat Barnsley.

I can see the scene in the Boardroom now...... "Right where''s that number for Mr Huckerby".......

Hucks in the line-up on Saturday?  [:D]  Good luck to GR as well - did''nt want him as Manager but as sure as houses he tried his best.

Manager Glenn Roeder faced up defiantly to the growing anger of Norwich

City supporters after last night''s FA Cup exit by insisting: “I will be

the last man standing.”Hmmmm i wonder if he thinks that now...... i bet he wishes he had kept his mouth shut now!!

[quote user="John Boubepo"]Get Hux back quick, before it''s too late and right one of the biggest  mistakes of Roeder''s arrogant tenure
[/quote]

HERE HERE !!

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]

The funny thing is, I just sent an email to Neil Doncaster, telling him he must go, as soon as I had finished it, I saw the news. Great news.

He will surely have stong words to say about the lack of funds and us, you can bet on that.

[/quote]

I had also just sent one to sky.com than it was announced, never expected the others to go as well, so soon  

The thing is, much as I really rate Hucks as a player and an entertainer (which is what football is; entertainmenment) he, IMO, doesn''t cut it against the dog fights that are the bottom of the Championship when things get gritty. That''s where players like Iwan could prove it.

Of course, it''s not my decision, so what I think, fortunately, doesn''t matter!!

So if our transfer budget was zero, what is it now? Zero minus however much we just paid Roeder off? I hope Carl Moore or someone on the board has financed this, otherwise the new manager''s first job will be to raise some cash by selling our best players. Not disputing that he had to go, mind, just a bit concerned about what will be available to the new boss.

[quote user="K Lo"]

The thing is, much as I really rate Hucks as a player and an entertainer (which is what football is; entertainmenment) he, IMO, doesn''t cut it against the dog fights that are the bottom of the Championship when things get gritty. That''s where players like Iwan could prove it.

Of course, it''s not my decision, so what I think, fortunately, doesn''t matter!!

[/quote]I''m sure he would have the hunger and the fight for this though.

Fantastic news!!! Credit to the board for having the courage to do what I never thought they would do. It had to happen. They must had been fearfull after last nights crowd re-action, and the Roeder out chants. They could not afford to go into crucial fixtures with the worry of the crowd turning. The few hundred that protested outside the ground would had been an equal worry.

He has wrecked our club. Ripped out the heart. It will take a long time to recover. His arrogance has left a bad taiste. He is well rid of. His C.V. now must look very poor indeed.

Must say, well done Simon Lappin. You held in there. You should now have some sort of a future here. Hope you go on to show how very wrong Mr Roeder was.

This next appointment is crucial. The board have to get this one right.   

Now "all" we need is the right man for the job. Let''s just hope the board can find a very good manager, because if they don''t we could still go down. The club needs a few years of stability now. We can''t afford to be thinking about sacking another manager in a year''s time.