Sign in to follow this  
Paul Lamberts Disciple

Will Roeder work in football again?

I think this latest debacle is effectively his career finished, personally.

It''s quite clear this man has a rabid superiority complex, probably driven by latent insecurities (due to being mercilessly bullied whilst a child on account of his hideous appearance and repugnant "personality") and made infinitely worse by his personal triumph over the clutches of death, which showed him just where nature truly ranks him.

The thing is he still has two 7th place Premiership finished to his name. Plus (now) a total of 5 abject failures (effectively overseeing, or narrowly avoiding, relegation. What a weird managerial record.

Because of his personality, not even his performance, I do feel a real, genuine dislike for GR. Even last night he was blaming the fans and the players for not showing HIS level of courage.

Weirdest of all, as a result I actually now feel a deeper affection for NW... and even PG (a tiny bit.)

[quote user="We Want Worthy Back"]I wouldn''t wish him on anyone.... apart from Ipswich maybe![/quote]

Does a bear sh*t in the woods ?

[quote user="Peter Thorne"]

I think this latest debacle is effectively his career finished, personally.

It''s quite clear this man has a rabid superiority complex, probably driven by latent insecurities (due to being mercilessly bullied whilst a child on account of his hideous appearance and repugnant "personality") and made infinitely worse by his personal triumph over the clutches of death, which showed him just where nature truly ranks him.

[/quote]

Bit of a dodgy post if you don''t mind me saying so ! Now that he''s gone I can allow myself to feel sorry for him. In his own misguided way he did do his best but as the situation became more and more desperate so his utterings became more obnoxious. He''ll get a job somewhere in football eventually but I can''t ever see him at a "big" club again.

Any club board that takes him on without a get-out clause in the contract deserves to be sacked. And also some limit on what degree he can hire and fire and destroy a football club.

[quote user="psychedeliasmith"]Probably but unless he''s very lucky, he probably won''t be a manager again. He''ll probably have to go back to work with youth players again like he did at Newcastle.[/quote]

Arsene Wenger seemed to like the way he handled youth players, maybe he''ll give him a job.