Sign in to follow this  
Pete Raven

Anyone pro-Roeder? If so, why?

Maybe the EDP or Evening news could do a story about Roeders lack of support and the fact that fans are going to protest against him on Saturday!

[quote user="Dogger "]I think he would do ok if he had £50 million to spend!?![:|][/quote]

No, we''d have the highest paid lightweight benchwarmers in the game while Fotheringham captained a bunch of scrubs who he likes.

I am pro-Roeder, though.  I am for him leaving.

We have been severe critics of the last three managers. Is the club bad at picking managers - they have had expert advice each time. Have the managers all faced too big an ask?Or is it the perennial problem of lack of cash? Whoever we got, - Ferguson, Mourino, Wenger, - could they produce the goods as quickly as we want?

I am.

For the following reasons: 

We have played good football this season.

Permanant signings have been good.

We can''t keep changing managers every season and we''re too far into the season now anyway.

The board are to blame more than Roeder, he has no money to work with and they appointed Peter Grant.

Leroy Lita should have been signed for the rest of the season. Any board worth their salt would have recognised that and pulled out all the stops.

Has been unlucky with injuries.                                          

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

I am.

We can''t keep changing managers every season and we''re too far into the season now anyway.

The board are to blame more than Roeder, he has no money to work with and they appointed Peter Grant.

Leroy Lita should have been signed for the rest of the season. Any board worth their salt would have recognised that and pulled out all the stops.

[/quote](And now he''s gone!)

For me, he has made us play some good football at times, he has brought in some good loans players, he has to contend with a pitiful pot of money, but he has made too many mistakes to mention.

I''ll hold up my hands and admit I was pleased with his performance last season but there''s absolutely not a shadow of doubt in my mind that he''d completely lost it this season and the lack of financial support coupled with some really bizarre loan signings showed that he wasn''t the mastermind that we''d all hoped for...

[quote user="Canaries in Bed"]For me, he has made us play some good football at times, he has brought in some good loans players, he has to contend with a pitiful pot of money, but he has made too many mistakes to mention.[/quote]

I''ll second this. He certainly has an eye for a decent player in my opinion but is, apparently, clueless in getting them to play as a team.  

I''m a Roeder fan, he knows football especially the stars of tomorrow!

When he was appointed here it was because nobody wanted the job and he is a good short term fire fighter, he knows it and so do we!

Our precious owners and board of directors hoped for security in the league until they could find investment, but due to there once again failure to open themselves to financial help they have buried themselves and us the true owners of this club.

Glenn Roeder can walk away with his annual pay-off knowing he done all he could, if you want to blame him go ahead but NCFC''s problem do not fall at his door, i have posted numerous times about this only to be shot down and i''m sure it will happen again.

I agree with all comments regarding his "PR" but what else did he have?

The board never ever supported him, they just wanted him to streamline the team on the pitch while they decimated the off field parts except Delia''s business concerns!

I''m 110% a true supporter and have been following this club since 1969 when i was picking up fag-butts on the river end railway sleepers with my father "RIP 13/4/08" thank heavens he did''nt have to see the same troubles again in his lifetime.

So good luck Glenn i''m sure you will find an appointment again soon

OTBC since 1969

[quote user="spm2866"]

I''m a Roeder fan, he knows football especially the stars of tomorrow!

When he was appointed here it was because nobody wanted the job and he is a good short term fire fighter, he knows it and so do we!

Our precious owners and board of directors hoped for security in the league until they could find investment, but due to there once again failure to open themselves to financial help they have buried themselves and us the true owners of this club.

Glenn Roeder can walk away with his annual pay-off knowing he done all he could, if you want to blame him go ahead but NCFC''s problem do not fall at his door, i have posted numerous times about this only to be shot down and i''m sure it will happen again.

I agree with all comments regarding his "PR" but what else did he have?

The board never ever supported him, they just wanted him to streamline the team on the pitch while they decimated the off field parts except Delia''s business concerns!

I''m 110% a true supporter and have been following this club since 1969 when i was picking up fag-butts on the river end railway sleepers with my father "RIP 13/4/08" thank heavens he did''nt have to see the same troubles again in his lifetime.

So good luck Glenn i''m sure you will find an appointment again soon

OTBC since 1969

[/quote]

Simply not true, there were and still are managers out there desperate to manage this club. All Roeders spending plans were approved by the Board - he just blew it

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

I am.

[/quote]

You must be gutted. No longer being treated like a complete pillock by our football manager ...

[quote user="Lupo Loop"]

I am.

[/quote]

This was never going to happen as he is out of contract at Reading in summer, nobody loans players out in the final few months of their contracts as you will lose them for nothing at the end of the season.  

No. Take a look at the West Ham squad that he got relegated, then take a look at our league position. If he could get a team full of current Premier League stars relegated, he could certainly get us relegated. Lets hope the board act quickly in getting a new man in and actually back him before the window ends.

Name them, especially the ones who the supporters want?

Spending plans, he has never had any "REAL" money to spend!

OTBC since 1969

I''m not - mainly for the things he never said (but might have):

1. I

will get Norwich promoted within 2 seasons.

2. I

will get Norwich promoted.

3. Lappin is not having a particularly good season is he?

4. I

can be wrong sometimes.

5. I

think it is important to get on with people

6. I

will not get Norwich relegated

7. I

have established the best team and team captain possible – if I could pick 11

Fotheringhams I would

Darren who?

There’s no room for egotism at this club

10.They laughed when I said I wanted to be come a football manager –

well, they’re not laughing now! (with apologies to Mr Monkhouse for that

one)

I''m delighted to see the back of him, but I do think he brought one or two decent players in on a very limited budget. He might have some flair as a talent scout, but he''s terribly arrogant and obviously has limited man-management skills. Let''s hope his replacement gives some of the youngsters a chance. Worthington, Grant and Roeder all seemed extremely reluctant to give our youth team players a crack at the first team. This has to change.

[quote user="spm2866"]

Name them, especially the ones who the supporters want?

Spending plans, he has never had any "REAL" money to spend!

OTBC since 1969

[/quote]

correct, and without this being addressed we will be blaming the next poor mug this time next year. Does anyone think that everything in the garden is going to be rosy now? Ok who are we going to play up front and in central defence on Saturday. Yes exactly the same mediocre lot we''ve got now. New Manager - No Change. New Board, real investment - change.

I suppose that we''re all expected to have a big love in on Saturday now? Pathetic. The real culprits get away with it again.

SACK THE BOARD