Sign in to follow this  
Paul Spector

Dublin & Crook

Anyone fancy a cheeky punt on Dion Dublin and Ian Crook?

Certainly command respect, from players and fans alike. Got strong ties with the club. Would motivate the players. Haven''t got any experience managing, but everyone has to start somewhrere.

I for one, would be pleased with that.

[quote user="PhatCanary"]That would be bloody crazy,we need a manager with experience and as much as i like Dion, he is no manager..yet![/quote]

Like, er, Worthy and Roeder (in particular) then?

Dion had to be persuaded to play his final season with us, as he and his family are settled in Stratford on Avon. Managing Norwich City has got to be a lot less secure than punditry for Sky. He''s not going to up sticks and move....although he did say before he retired that if he was offered something he would have to think about it very hard... Don''t think he''s got his coaching badges though has he?

[quote user="PhatCanary"]That would be bloody crazy,we need a manager with experience and as much as i like Dion, he is no manager..yet![/quote]DISAGREE! We''ve just had a manager with experience... We want a manager who can motiivate and who knows the meaning of good football. I am convinced the squad is good enough to stay up - easily - and that we WILL WIN on Saturday. The players will feel "released".  I think a short term contract for Dublin and Crook like WWWB suggests would be excellent - perhaps on a pay as you go basis - with a review at the end of the season. They are both TOP blokes and TOP footballers - who have a great deal of time for NCFC. They would follow Grant''s lead rather than Roeder''s if they couldn''t handle it. I think they might. Oh and any manager - even Jewell - would be arisk right now. Dublin and Crook would not be such an expensive one.

Too much inexperience there for my liking, we need someone who knows the game and the club inside out - a calming influence. At the same time, the assisstant manager could be a rookie, to add that extra spice for the fans.