Sign in to follow this  
Spartan

Fantastic news that Roeder has gone; where are all those posters who said it wouldn't happen????

I for one didn''t think the board would take decisive action. Now they need to be even more prompt and decisive in appointing a manager, hopefully before Saturday; thats how urgent it is. I posted a list of possibles earlier so how about one of the following: Jewell, Boothroyd, Dowey (not so keen on this one), Curbishley, Holloway, Pardew, Keane. There are plenty that are immediately available. A sky sports contact thinks Boothroyd is ready to come in so things could happen quickly. What we can''t afford is a long drawn out selection and interview process; look what thats landed with the last two times!! Now I''m feeling optimistic; its also a positive response to those wimps supporting Roeder and failing to acknowledge the gravity of the current situation.

It''s only "fantastic news" if it signals a change of outlook by the board.  We''ve been here far too often in recent years for me to start jumping up and down with delight. 

At least as important as a new manager is a Chief Executive with vision, drive and leadership ability who understands what football is about and would rather have his tongue cut out than utter the phrase "We can''t compete". 

One and a half hearty cheers for Roeder''s departure, but that''s as far as it goes for me.

A sky sports contact thinks Boothroyd is ready to come in so things

could happen quickly. What we can''t afford is a long drawn out

selection and interview process;call me cynical,but would you care to elaborate on who this sky contact is?

[quote user="singing canary"]

delia hasnt said alot lately .. but didnt see that one comming.

[/quote]

She wasn''t seen at the game last night - perhaps she was already in negotiation with the incoming manager (although I think the real answer is she was looking after her ill mother!).

Just passing on info from a good friend who shared this info at Christmas when visiting Norfolk. Rest assured it was said and the friend is currently doing work for Sky. Cheers!

[quote user="Spartan"]Rest assured it was said and the friend is currently doing work for Sky. Cheers![/quote]I don''t think fitting satellite dishes counts as a ''contact''...

[quote user="Spartan"]Just passing on info from a good friend who shared this info at Christmas when visiting Norfolk. Rest assured it was said and the friend is currently doing work for Sky. Cheers![/quote]

An ex player told me Boothroyd had been sounded out for the job