Sign in to follow this  
barclay_canary

now the board have reacted......

Have you people stopped getting at them???  Because up until this happened with Roeder you lot were calling for the board to be sacked etc. So how long before you get on their backs again?.  You lot wont be happy with the next manager and then you will turn on certain players again. then we will be right back in this situation in 12 months time. (if we stay in the championship).  Why dont you start supporting this club instead of your 2 faces of evil that supporters seem to carry. I have heard a lot of talk about the players are down because the supporters are booing. well prove them wrong.

sacking him now is a bad mistake aswell

he had to go...  just not halfway through the transfer market once roeder had players lined up (as sky sports said).......far too late !

they need to get somebody in very very soon, or the pressurs back on them

[quote user="barclay_canary"]Have you people stopped getting at them???  Because up until this happened with Roeder you lot were calling for the board to be sacked etc. So how long before you get on their backs again?.  You lot wont be happy with the next manager and then you will turn on certain players again. then we will be right back in this situation in 12 months time. (if we stay in the championship).  Why dont you start supporting this club instead of your 2 faces of evil that supporters seem to carry. I have heard a lot of talk about the players are down because the supporters are booing. well prove them wrong.
[/quote]

Absolute cobblers. The fans know Roeder should have gone weeks ago. They knew Grant had to go before he resigned and they knew Worthy''s time was up well before the board made a move. These unpalitable decsions had to be made for the good of the club and we all know it. Sticking our heads in the sand and "supporting the club" would have meant Grant still being here and the team relegated last year.

It''s not a case of simply calling for managers to be sacked for the sake of it and you can be certain that if the new guy does a half decent job then the fans will be patient. Like they were with Worthy. The atmosphere will be electric on Saturday without Roeders poison.

With all due respect, it was the board who appointed Roeder in the first place. By sacking him just over a year after appointing him, they''ve as good as admitted they made a bad decision long-term. And this followed their decision to bring the hapless Mr Grant in. And before that, months and months of dithering over Worthington.

Combine all this with all the policies and politics, and you''ve got a unequivocal ''NO'' to your first question.
Rectifying their own [and I repeat, long-term] error with Roeder won''t deflect from all the issues which we''ve all rightly been debating, and if you like, been finger-pointing at the board over.

I for one still can''t get over Delia''s "little Norwich" comments when we were in the Premiership; it''s an attitude which I''m pretty sure runs through the whole boardroom and permeates every policy and decision they make.

With regards to the players; we''ve had players in recent years who have blatantly been woefully inadequate for our team. However, it''s not their fault, it''s the fault of the managers who sign and persistently select them. I can''t agree with booing individual players UNLESS their application is visibly poor, and their attitude bad. Some players just can''t help being born with no talent, and you can''t boo someone for that. It may sound absurd, but I''d take an Andy Hughes over a Didier Drogba anyday...

[quote user="barclay_canary"]Have you people stopped getting at them???  Because up until this happened with Roeder you lot were calling for the board to be sacked etc. So how long before you get on their backs again?.  You lot wont be happy with the next manager and then you will turn on certain players again. then we will be right back in this situation in 12 months time. (if we stay in the championship).  Why dont you start supporting this club instead of your 2 faces of evil that supporters seem to carry. I have heard a lot of talk about the players are down because the supporters are booing. well prove them wrong.
[/quote]

right now, I am not in the least bit pleased Roeder has gone. The real reason we are 21st and going down is the NCFC Board. Every single time. And it does not matter one bit who they bring in, unless we have players. And players cost money and they are not prepared to spend money. The only thing right in your whole stupid post is that we will be right back in this situation in 12 months time, except it''s liable to be the wrong end of Div 1. Still stay in your own stupid little dream where you expect that we can be at the top of the league by spending buttons.

[quote user="Barclay_Boy"]

[/quote]

right now, I am not in the least bit pleased Roeder has gone. The real reason we are 21st and going down is the NCFC Board. Every single time. And it does not matter one bit who they bring in, unless we have players. And players cost money and they are not prepared to spend money. The only thing right in your whole stupid post is that we will be right back in this situation in 12 months time, except it''s liable to be the wrong end of Div 1. Still stay in your own stupid little dream where you expect that we can be at the top of the league by spending buttons.

[/quote]

I am pleased he has gone, his attitude towards the fans did him no favours at all IMHO.

However I totally know where you are coming from with regards to the board, I want them gone, mistake after mistake after mistake year on year.  And the rot set in years ago, it''s not just a recent thing.

I for one hold my hand up in being fairly blinkered towards them until Delia made that on pitch rant, that''s when my feelings started to change.

A lot of us fans want the board gone, so who realistically is waiting in the wings to take over and buy them out?