Sign in to follow this  
Pottsy

The Battle to stay up!!!!

I cannot believe there are some people saying Norwich could possibly finish 12, 13th. Absolutely no way!!! I don''t think alot of people on this board realise the standard of the Prem, just wait and see. I''m not slagging the team off just being realistic.
As far as I can see as long as things stand at he mo I believe we''re battling against
West Brom, Portsmouth, Man City, Palace and Everton for the drop.
David Moyes only had two outfield players on the bench yesterday and unless they sort out the board room at Everton I think they and Crystal Palace will go down. As for the other position I think unless we get a top striker to play up top with Hucks I think we will fill the final place. People keep slagging off West Brom but I have a very strong feeling that they will finish above us. Before you all have a go at me I am just being honest and will be supporting and never ever booing right until the final day of the season.

Pottsy, I''m right with you which is basically what I indicated on a separate thread. Every true Norwich fan will be fully supportive of the team as well as despondent if things go badly for us. We will all be positive with each outing but this board is there for opinion and, given how things stand at the moment, we will obviously have our hands full to avoid being at the foot of the table after the first few games and it will be extremely difficult to climb away from that position. I also agree that West Brom have probably learned a few things which is why they moved early to put some strength into their squad. In addition to the fellow strugglers you named I somehow suspect Charlton will join that group this season. Don''t worry about people having a go at you. I never do. This board is alive as a result of different opinions.

Yeah, I''m certainly going into this season hoping for some results but expecting the worst. At the end of last season everyone seemed to say "yeah we''ll come back down, but its gonna be a great ride" amidst the euphoria of promotion. Then after a few weeks there seemed to be a belief that we could do really well. Now we''re nearly there I think the reality that yes, its a tough call, is starting to bite. I''m still feeling "yeah we''ll come back down, but its gonna be a great ride" and I hope we sing like Portsmouth did when Arsenal thrashed them 5-0. Just maybe, we can go on to do what Portsmouth did after that....

I see all the predictions, but I also remember that they''re rarely right. There is always a surprise or two (not least, us getting promoted!). That''s why its so exciting!

Pottsy I thoroughly agree with you. I think some posters I thinking to Ippo when they went up and sailed through their first season in the Prem. This aint going to happen. And look where it got them the next year! I was slated on another thread by saying I''d be delighted if we finished 17th. I stand by this. If we stay up next year it will be a massive achievement by everybody at the club

Absolutely. The only measure of success this season is survival. But to be honest even if we don''t it''s not a disaster- we are better set now than we have been for years. We''re not quite ready yet to challenge for a Champions'' League spot.....................

just staying up would be great, bonuses for next year :D

I think this season there could be an almighty battle for safety with Palace, Everton, Blackburn, West Brom, Bolton, Portsmouth, Man City, Fulham and us all being involved. I feel that if we can pick up points in these six pointers we could finish above enough of them to survive.

As the days and weeks go by i find myself becoming less confident about our chances. I have to keep reminding myself that we play at a fortress and that none of the teams mentioned have the team spirit we have (as far as i know) and none of them possess a lot more quality than we do.

It''s gonna be tough from start to finish but WE CAN DO IT.

OTBC

17th position would be an enormous achievement.

It''s easy to say we''ll finish above WBA but remember they are a year ahead of us in this promotion/relegation ''game'' and only now are they starting to spend some real cash (hopefully unwisely!!).

A lot of people seem to have Everton as certainties for the drop but I dont see it myself.

I am totally prepared for a few thrashings and just hope we scrape enough results together to survive, then the next season we can aim a little higher.

In short, I pray that we survive but also hope, if we do go down, we go down with our heads held high and people can see we gave it a real good go.

Less than 2 weeks to go!!!