Sign in to follow this  
Saint Canary

Is there enough time?

Just wondering if anyone is concerned about the timing of Roeder''s departure?  With just 17 days to go in January, is there enough time to get a manager in place, let him evaluate the squad and get in the bodies we desperately need before the window shuts?  I know we can still loan after that but we must be close to using our allowed loans?This is a major appontment the board needs to make and unless someone is already lined up, I just fear we don''t have the time needed.  I hope I am wrong.

This is why I find the announcement so pleasantly surprising.  There must be a plan B afoot, with a manager ready to step in, who must have an idea of who he can bring in to make a fist of the situation.The loan window shuts later than the transfer window.  Or does it.  I''m not sure.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]This is why I find the announcement so pleasantly surprising.  There must be a plan B afoot, with a manager ready to step in, who must have an idea of who he can bring in to make a fist of the situation.The loan window shuts later than the transfer window.  Or does it.  I''m not sure.[/quote]lets hope you''re right, obviously we''re not going to have the usual three week interview process and with no number two to act as caretaker manager you''ve got to think someone is in place and will be named by Saturday. fingers crossed

Robbins and Boothroyd are both short odds because they have a Norwich connection.  I''m sure if Steve Bruce or Mickey Phelan were out of a job, they''d be high up there too.

I doubt that there is time, unless the Board have been behind Roeder''s back, found a candidate and he has made contacts, which all seems unlikely.If they decide to advertise, there certainly won''t be time - there would have to be two weeks before advertising, interviewing and appointing.Even if they have a candidate in mind, and appoint him immediately, he will not have time to analyse the present squad and decide what players he needs.Is there any money, so are we looking at more loan players?It''s a mess.

Even if there is''nt enough time to make in roads into the transfer market. If the 25,000 on home matches now get united behind the team for the rest of the season and really roar them on, we can play an important part in getting us to safety. The issues with the board can be dealt with in the summer or if and when we are safe