Sign in to follow this  
AJ

Score - Peterborough v Norwich

To be fair I think we''ve hit the post twice...

...and I think Bentley has equalised...

Yeahhhhhhhhssss

Get in there.

PS Great website and match coverage on the posh site with pictures fair play to em.

We hit the woodwork 3 times in total! Sounds like Francis was playing a blinder but couldn''t hit the net. Did anyone else notice that "Nigerian international Kanu" has appeared to got lost on the way to WBA? Since when has he played for The Posh!! ;)

All you can say from this match is that we are still unbeaten in pre season friendlies, and Bentley''s equaliser was worth the entrance fee.

In the first half we spent more time passing backwards, and anytime we moved forward we posed no threat to the Peterborough defence. I know we have still got just under 2 weeks but it didn''t look too convincing. The second half was a better affair, the re-shaped team with McKay, Jarvis, and Helveg on, coupled with Bentley''s constant running, made us look more like a premiership side.

We definitely need Huckerby to be fit for the start of the season as we are sadly lacking up front with the flying gazelle Svennson, and the ineffective McVeigh. We also probably need Saffri or possibly a fit Helveg in midfield to pick out the runs of people like Jarvis and Bentley. I lost count of how many times in particular Jarvis lost his defender and was in acres of space only the ball never reached him.

I also hope Worthy gets his new central defender, or he plays Malky or Shackell , because with Charlton and Fleming at the back I don''t think they won a header all night against the 6ft plus striker Platt.

I''m sure Worthy will say this was another good workout in the build up for the home match against Palace, but if you want my honest opinion, we need to step up another gear in 2 weeks time or it won''t just be Peterborough from the 2nd Divison who will be making us look average.

It is Kanu''s brother who plays as a full back for Peterborough and has been there for a season. He played against us last year in the friendly against Peterborough.

Alternative view to Silver Fox.

Bentley scored a corker, and had a pretty good game, getting involved with lots of attacks also hit post. This helped us to stay unbeaten against a lively Peterborough side with a well disciplined defence who hardly let our many attacks through. Just under two weeks to go and we are shaping up well. Greeno pulled off some good saves when Posh had beaten the defensive wall, better marking needed as goal was a free header. Two changes at half time Helveg for Eddy, and Jarvis for Brennan (did not impress me), strengthened the team and our Premier class started to show.

We missed Hucks a bit, but Svensson and McVeigh were pulling the solid defence about all ways with clever probing passing and intelligent runs. Jarvis made plenty of space but could not quite predict the last pass of the midfield dynamos Holt & Francis.

Malky came on after 60 mins for Flem, and proceeded to win no headers against Platt who had gone off at half time, who had been well marshalled by Fleming and Charlton. Charlton showed his adaptability by combining well with both Flem & Malky, Drury was solid throughout and Eddy had done nothing wrong to be replaced by Helveg at HT, who also had a reasonable game. Leon came on to great applause from sides for Sven after 78 mins (not 84 as stated later) and made an instant impact forcing a corner.

Worthy will be delighted with the game, it was a good workout for the lads, just enough time to step it up against the Spaniards, before the season starts. Posh looked a well disciplined side, thanks to the coaching of Bobby Gould over the summer and may surprise a few teams in League one.

So who’s report is accurate, SF''s on mine? I guess that depends on how full you glass is. We are not there yet but there is still time to tweak. Stay positive. Freddy.

I think that it sounds as if we created quite a lot and that it was a decent workout but I am concerned that this close to the season we are still a couple fo players short in my opinion, are lacking a bit of cutting edge and also at the lack of height in the defence. In the last two games the general consensus has been that Charlton and Fleming have played well yet in both games it has still been necessary for Greeno to make "several excellent saves" and we have appeared vulnerable to headers. If 1st and 2nd division teams are able to exploit our lack of height at the back then against prem sides we could be in trouble.

Worthy really needs to:

1. Get a couple of extra players in quickly
2. Get Hucks back in the team as soon as he is fit
3. Play a full strength side throughout saturday''s game at high tempo. We need a cohesive performance.

On the other hand sounds as if Bentley had his best game for the club yet last night and if we can get things right the prospect of him and Hucks in the same side is exciting!

cheers

i wonder if the goals will be on sky..........

anyone know if cameras were there?

Yep, the goals have already been on - Bentley''s was a screamer! As for the lack of height worrying people, how many Prem teams play that kind of game now? Everton when Ferguson is fit (maybe 2 or 3 games a season!)? That''s about it really, stop worrying - Posh start their league campaign on Saturday, so you would expect them to be a week sharper.

Morning all,
Is it me, or has anyone else noticed how Francis'' name seems to crop up far more regularly in reports recently? After one game (Cambridge?) people were talking about how he seems huge now but judging by the mentions it seems like he''s being far more of a play maker.

No MPR, it''s not just you! I think he is going to be a very important player for us next season, I can''t remember how much we paid for him but he''s turning out to be a real bargain!

From the sounds of the reports from Malyasia it sounded like Francis did brilliantly out there. I rate Francis. He''s a battler and did really well with Holty last year IMO. He''s in my sun and premier league dream team though so he''s bound to have a rubbish year!!