Sign in to follow this  
ricky knight

why love for boothroyd

Why all this love for Boothroyd, another disater waiting to happen if you ask me, took Watford up, but then did a Worthy and left Watford in the shxte. PLEASE, Lets get it right this time, we dont need another wally, this goes for all the Dublinites too, be real, sentiment has no place in football.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why all this love for Boothroyd, another disater waiting to happen if you ask me, took Watford up, but then did a Worthy and left Watford in the shxte. PLEASE, Lets get it right this time, we dont need another wally, this goes for all the Dublinites too, be real, sentiment has no place in football.[/quote]Rickeeeeeeeey. For once, I totally agree. [Y]

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why all this love for Boothroyd, another disater waiting to happen if you ask me, took Watford up, but then did a Worthy and left Watford in the shxte. PLEASE, Lets get it right this time, we dont need another wally, this goes for all the Dublinites too, be real, sentiment has no place in football.[/quote]

Actually Ricky, I think you''ll find it''s Watford''s chairman who left them in the "shxte" as you so eloquently put it. Boothroyd constructed a good squad, on a budget and then had it systematically sold from underneath him. Hence why Elton John resigned as their President.

[quote user="ricky knight"]Why all this love for Boothroyd, another disater waiting to happen if you ask me, took Watford up, but then did a Worthy and left Watford in the shxte. PLEASE, Lets get it right this time, we dont need another wally, this goes for all the Dublinites too, be real, sentiment has no place in football.[/quote]

I''m with you on that Ricky.

Experience needed both on the pitch and at the top.

I think that he knows the club, has the experiance to do it and would bring some old Norwich players with the passion for the club.

Who would you have Ricky?

I keep changing from one moment to the next, but on the list is Curbs, Robins, Boothroyd, Fergusan Jnr, Martinez,

Boothroyd''s preferred football style would have people up in arms if he came here.

I for one really don''t fancy a return to the days of hoofball.

I cant make my mind up about Aidy.This does make good reading......http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidy_BoothroydIt musnt be forgotten that he made the play offs when they got relegated which is a pretty hard thing to do as most teams tend to struggle.   Then they were forced to sell the likes of Ashley Young and then it all went sour.If he came with Malky then I think I would be happy with this.

Agree with you Ricky, one of my mates is a Watford fan and reckons Boothroyd is a good motivator but is tactically inept and that their troubles began when one of the head coaches left....

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im not convinced by Boothroyd either....

Tilson would be a good punt i reckon....

jas :)

[/quote]

Boothroyd : 1 promotion, 2 play-offs, 1 FA Cup Semi.

Tilson : 1 promotion to the championship, currently 14th with Southend.

Boothroyd would be the pragmatic answer.  He knows how to win games in this league.  He knows Norwich City.  And he''s available.

As for hoofball - I''m not a fan of it either, but would it be any worse

than the pretty but ineffective football that has us level with 3rd

from bottom ?

Boothroyd has a personality which already puts him way above Grant or Roeder, I don''t think you can underestimate how important it is for players to both like and respect their manager, if you want to get the best out of them that is, if you need convincing just ask Glen Roeder

my favourite though unrealist target would be Fergie Jnr, Bowen, i like Ince personally although i understand many dont, realistic target, Mark Robins with Malkey or Crook.

Blah has hit the nail on the head.Bothroyd:1 promotion, 2 play-offs, 1 FA Cup Semi.

Available immediately without a pay off to another club.Knows the club.Likely to bring back Huckerby to the bench.Likely to bring an ex player in as his number two.Plays direct football - and as pretty passing has failed what choice is there to get the points now?

Surely people can see why he is the obvious choice - but alas we still read posts by people who, not content with the sh*t the club is in seem to want it to do a kamikaze act by gambling on a lower league manager or an unproven one.

Curbishley - we can''t afford him.

[quote user="blahblahblah"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

im not convinced by Boothroyd either....

Tilson would be a good punt i reckon....

jas :)

[/quote]

Boothroyd : 1 promotion, 2 play-offs, 1 FA Cup Semi.

Tilson : 1 promotion to the championship, currently 14th with Southend.

Boothroyd would be the pragmatic answer.  He knows how to win games in this league.  He knows Norwich City.  And he''s available.

As for hoofball - I''m not a fan of it either, but would it be any worse

than the pretty but ineffective football that has us level with 3rd

from bottom ?[/quote]

[quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]I am very uncertain of him. Curbishley for me....I just feel he would suit city and vice versa. He has experience over Aidy too[/quote]Hallelujah, I agree [:P]current sky bet odds are worrying.....

out of that list I''d only be happy with Curbs, (why no Robins?) If we get Ince, O''Leary, Hoddle or Robson my position as a city supporter will be under threat! ......[:|]

Lets face it:

Curishley - too expensive in terms of salary

Fergie Jr - too expensive in terms of pay off

Bowen - board won''t recruit a 1st time manager again

Tilson - 14th in league 1 enough said

Mrtinez - why woul he come here?

That leave''s 2 real options:

Boothroyd - possible

Ince - possible (Has worked wonders at 2 league clubs)

Knowing that the club always prefer a local, my  money is all over Bothroyd (and I think he''ll do a great job, providing he brings in a DOF and a strong experienced assistant)

I am really really anti Boothroyd coming here. Hoofball and inept in the transfer market. He might get some short term success here but long term and I don''t think so.

[quote user="SPat"][quote user="the artist formerly known as VIYAG"]I am very uncertain of him. Curbishley for me....I just feel he would suit city and vice versa. He has experience over Aidy too[/quote]

Hallelujah, I agree [:P]

current sky bet odds are worrying.....

out of that list I''d only be happy with Curbs, (why no Robins?) If we get Ince, O''Leary, Hoddle or Robson my position as a city supporter will be under threat! ......[:|]
[/quote]

Very poor list and worrying, same usual suspects

[quote user="olej"]IF we get boothroyd in i hope the board supply us all with neck braises as its not going to be good for them keep looking in the air for the ball[/quote]

I''ll take points over style any day!!!

There are only 3/4 successful championship sides that don''t hoof it and in any case if we are ever to get promoted again we need to learn how to hoof because we are hardly going to play some prem team off the park are we!!!

After reading this I wonder how cheap Mark Robins could be????

It doesnt matter who we get, if  the  Board are not prepared to lengthen their little arms  and  reach for  their pockets we will  still be in the sh..t.

Fine we will  undoubtedly get  a  lift  from whats happened and probably  string an important few results together, but in the long run unless we buy some quality it wont make any difference.

The Board have let themselves off the hook and bought themselves a bit of time and support from some of the fans, but dont forget who appointed Roeder  not that long ago and who failled to give him any cash.

[quote user="wolfie"]

It doesnt matter who we get, if  the  Board are not prepared to lengthen their little arms  and  reach for  their pockets we will  still be in the sh..t.

Fine we will  undoubtedly get  a  lift  from whats happened and probably  string an important few results together, but in the long run unless we buy some quality it wont make any difference.

The Board have let themselves off the hook and bought themselves a bit of time and support from some of the fans, but dont forget who appointed Roeder  not that long ago and who failled to give him any cash.

[/quote]

Its a shame hat as you say the board have bought themselves some time because in any other business 2 appalling managerial decisions would result in p45 for the senior managers involved! City follow suit and get some cahonas!

[quote user="olej"]Rocky Rocastle, who are we going to huff it up to anyway? Cureton or Lupoli?[/quote]

fair point, but longer term the only hope we have is playing hoof ball becuase we can''t afford nor are growing any class players who can actually play football!

Curbs is the stand out candidate who ticks all the boxes, except that he will cost us - Local businessman to help out there? I''d be delighted if we got him. Boothroyd would be a great impact manager to keep us up - hopefully, and along with Malky know the club, Delia and so on.  I could even see Fleming or Malky given a caretaker role.

At least we have a chance to turn things around now. If we go down, we go down but I''m so happy Roeder has been booted out

Disasterous appointments would be Dowie, Jewel, Ince, keane, Robson and Pardew. ie big names like Roeder, have big egos and are actually rubbish.