Sign in to follow this  
aka_riise

Pro Boothroyd, until long came a Robin....

I have been looking into some facts about Mark Robins, and the job he has done.

Rotherham were:

• minus 15 points at start of season
  • had no players
  • in administration
  • in dire straights basically

And now, if you take into account the minus 15, would be just outside playoffs. Now i know its League Two, but it is a record that is impressive, and he ticks all the boxes in terms of knowing club. Plus, unfortunately we are a club who is never going to attract big managers in demand.

Boothroyd - will wait until something better comes along IMO

Curbishley/Ince/Keane/Jewel/etc would never move to Norfolk, so considering these is a waste of time. Roeder only did because he was desperate.

So I am beginnig to come around to the idea that Robins maybe a wise choice?

Proven track record in getting clubs out of the mire (which we are in) - High

Experience is not a pre-requisite, ask Phil Brown at Hull, Di Matteo at MK Dons, Martinez at Swansea.

After all, Paul Jewell did a crap job with plenty of experience.

Its John Brecin, sounds like he is a local lad who played for them, so maybe an old Norwich Pro as his number 2

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Mark Robins already has a club though, compensation anyone????[/quote]May be some compensation to be paid but considering the financial position Rotherham were in when Robins was made manager I cannot imagine his contract would amount to too much.Its between him and Boothroyd in my eyes for definite.

Just got off the London train and listened to the news on Radio One,who claim that Robins is, in fact, the bookies favourite, rather than Boothroyd.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]Mark Robins already has a club though, compensation anyone????[/quote]

And rightly or wrongly I think thats what tips the balence in Boothroyds direction! However, I still bbelive aidy is the best candidate. But I wouldn''t be unhappy with Robins.

I think it appears that they have already lined someone up and we aren''t the kind of club to tap up a manager without his clubs permission, which is what it would take to line someone up already in a job. So I don''t think it will be Robins, but i''m prepared to stand corrected!

I understood that the Rotherham chairman has money and one of the reasons they are improving is just that.

Boothroyd rather than Robins for me