Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

do not let the board off... its square 1 again

yet again the board have to use "due dilligence" to appoint a manager.. their track record of apoining is nothing short of a joke.... we dont want to be in this position (or worse) in 12 months time.

DO NOT let the board off, regardless whoever getts the job.. let them know we are unhappy, that they have let us down time and time again and we need forward thinking people to come in and take the club fowards. Sacking a manager in order to save their own skin has now happened 3 times.... it must NOT be allowed to happen again.

Delia out.

jas :)

i''m starting to agree now, we can''t keep this endless cycle of a new manager every year.

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

yet again the board have to use "due dilligence" to appoint a manager.. their track record of apoining is nothing short of a joke.... we dont want to be in this position (or worse) in 12 months time.

DO NOT let the board off, regardless whoever getts the job.. let them know we are unhappy, that they have let us down time and time again and we need forward thinking people to come in and take the club fowards. Sacking a manager in order to save their own skin has now happened 3 times.... it must NOT be allowed to happen again.

Delia out.

[/quote]spot on agree 100% Smith out

Delia out.

[/quote]

And some people are just never satisfied.  Critiscised for not doing anything, critiscised for taking action.  Its a lose lose situation all round. 

Pathetic...

I realise that we need a new board and one quickly too. But lets not have the board out chants straight away, this may not look good for the new manager

Well you are kinda stating the bleeding obvious there.The trouble with your masterplan is that you havent given an ideas of how to achieve it.I seem to recall that Delia has stated she would stand down if a buyer was found and they have appointed Keith Harris to help in this search.   So tell me, what more could she do?    (apart from appointing a decent manager but I very much doubt she gets too involved in that process)

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Delia out.

[/quote]

And some people are just never satisfied.  Critiscised for not doing anything, critiscised for taking action.  Its a lose lose situation all round. 

Pathetic...

[/quote]So do you think the board were right to persevere with Worthy as long as they did? To appoint Peter Grant? To appoint Glenn ''one-season wonder'' Roeder? To make misleading comments about fresh investment at the Royal Norfolk Show? To shut the door on a billionaire City fan by ludicrously overvaluing their shares? How well do you perceive the board have guided the club since our relegation from the Premiership? Don''t want to get into a slanging match here, just interested in discussing.

[quote user="Duffman"]Well you are kinda stating the bleeding obvious there.The trouble with your masterplan is that you havent given an ideas of how to achieve it.I seem to recall that Delia has stated she would stand down if a buyer was found and they have appointed Keith Harris to help in this search.   So tell me, what more could she do?    (apart from appointing a decent manager but I very much doubt she gets too involved in that process)[/quote]Well said sir.

Delia out.

[/quote]

Could not agree more Jas!

[quote user="Coelho"][quote user="Carlos Valderrama"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

Delia out.

[/quote]

Pathetic...

[/quote]
So do you think the board were right to persevere with Worthy as long as they did? To appoint Peter Grant? To appoint Glenn ''one-season wonder'' Roeder? To make misleading comments about fresh investment at the Royal Norfolk Show? To shut the door on a billionaire City fan by ludicrously overvaluing their shares? How well do you perceive the board have guided the club since our relegation from the Premiership? Don''t want to get into a slanging match here, just interested in discussing.
[/quote]

how is it pathetic.. Delia said she would sell the club for a tenner.. when Cullum offered her a reasonable offer she dug her heels in and upped it to a stupid amount...now that she has gone public with 56 million pounds no one will come in.. despite Keith Harris best efforts.. Delia has gone public with 56 million and as far as the buying public are concerned thats her price....

this board are the pathetic ones.

For gods sake Jas how many times are we going to wheel out the Cullum thing.  You, me, nobody knows what he offered and we cant debate speculation can we!! 

I personally think we were wrong to sack Nigel Worthington, he was a decent manager who had us playing nice football at times.  Poor sod was just unlucky to have his squad decimated by release clauses and merecenary players post relegation, but I honestly beleive he would have rebuilt and we would be stronger today as a result.  I dont blame them for Peter Grant.  On paper he ticked every box, he was a gamble yes but a decent outside bet.  When you are a club of our size you need to take gambles every now and again. 

I was pretty p****d off with Roeder though.  But he started well and took us up quite high before crashing and burning.

Truth is though is that I reckon the board have a done an OK job, play off final, promotion, a half decent stab at the prem.  Its not been great since but thats down to bad luck as much as anything I think.  They have the best interests of the club at heart and are not bad people.  As I have said repeatedly, the only thing they are really guilty of is not being rich enough.

No one is saying the board haven''t made huge mistakes in the past...

But, today, they''ve done exactly what was required. Fair play to them. And with no one knocking on the door to buy them out, what good will protesting do right now, other than to stir things up at a time when the fans need to get behind the players and the new manager?

Obviously, it''s impossible for Delia et al to grab a time machine, go back and out all their mistakes right, but hopefully this is the first step towards them attoning for their previous poor decisions. With no potential buyer on the horizon, i''m willing to give them one last chance to put things right by appointing the right man.

What cracks me up about the Board is that each time they make one of their fantastic appointments they put the muppet on a long contract. Hopefully with their next dodgy appointment they''ll at least learn that lesson and give them a rolling one-year contract.

Still, I pity whichever poor sod gets the job. No money, threadbare squad, clueless Board - it''s a thankless task.