Sign in to follow this  
taintedtom2000

Lets look at the candidates...

[quote user="FASTasHUCK"]

[quote user="Fisherman"]Martin Bane anyone? doing a good job at Bradford City..[/quote]

Good Manager but i think you got the wrong team there. I think he cud do a job for us. any 1  else agree?

[/quote]

No. He would be worse than Roeder. If we got him in I''d be the first chanting ''Bane Out''!

9/2        Mark Robins  - seems to have done a good job at Rotherham. Could be a good choice. I''d be allright with that.
6/1        Aidy Boothroyd  - not convinced. Not got as good record as everybody thinks.
7/1        Ian Holloway  - I like his character, but again not convinced. Didn''t pull Leicester out of a similar mess.
8/1        Alan Pardew  - Any day. Pardew is a better manager than people think. And he has passion. PARDEW IN.
8/1        Darren Ferguson  - Seems a decent manager. Plus links with Man Utd could be handy. I''d take him.
8/1        Gary McAllister  - No thanks.
9/1        Mark Bowen  - He was allways my favourite. But due to Man City''s recent failings i''m not too sure.
10/1        Iain Dowie  - Originally thought he would be good but no longer convinced having seen what he''s done since promoting Palace.
10/1        Alan Curbishley  - Of course. But we could never afford his wages and he would never want to come here.
10/1        Paul Ince  - Not sure he''s going to be a great manager. Not for now.
12/1        Peter Taylor  - Hull City love him and his win percent record seems pretty decent aswell. Could be allright.
12/1        Malky Mackay  - As coach/assistant yes. Not as full manager just yet.
14/1        Dion Dublin  - I actually think he could cut it in management so would be OK with that. Prefer others though for now.
14/1        Lawrie Sanchez  - Excellent job at Northern Ireland. I''d be happy with him!
14/1        Paul Jewell  - No. Failed since his Wigan departure.
14/1        Steve Cotterill  - No. Had an awful win precent record at Stoke.
33/1        John Ward  - Seems to have done OK at times but never really excelled. So i''ll say no to him.

To be fair to both Pardew and Boothroyd, they had their best players sold from under their feet, so it''s no wonder both teams were on the slide.

Hmmm...but both Pardew and Boothroyd failed to pull it around - which is what we badly

need. Robins has had to endure a torrid time at Rotherham - but still

they manage to churn out results.