Sign in to follow this  
jon francis

Clint Easton

Whats all this criticism of CLINT EASTON ok so he didnt have a great game on Saturday but by no means was he our worst player. In fact for the first 20 minutes he was the best player on the park. Also at the start of the season he was one of our best players and was still getting the criticism. Think maybe of the reason why he turns in some great performances away from home but lately he has had some average games at home. Why is this. Yer thought so. Come on Clint I no you can do it remember 01/02 come on lets have some mare Clint fans replying coz the boy has got class.

Blimey - I obviously haven''t been watching the same Clint Easton as you. Whenever I watch him, his passing is poor, he ambles around the pitch like he couldn''t give a toss, he doesn''t tackle - in fact with the exception of three crosses in our playoff run I''ve never seen him do anything to suggest he brings anything to the team. I''ve given him a chance to prove himself, I don''t moan at him at games (I appreciate that''s no use to anyone), but if we want to get promoted we need better players than Clint. Sorry, but he just isn''t up to scratch. One thing our loanees have shown us is what you need to get out of this division, and Clint just hasn''t got what it takes in my opinion.

I must admit my heart dropped on Saturday when CE was named, but for the first 30 minutes or so was impressed with his distribution, however after half time back to the Clint we know best. I did read on one post his contract doesn''t expire till 2004, if so who on earth gave him a 4 year contract. Hopefully this is not the case but if it is, it is another NW blunder to accompany the annual crock purchase.

I don''t want any of our players to fail, or be rubbish (sometimes it feels like people are waiting for Clint to muck up so they can burst bloodvessels shouting at him) but I too have lost patience with defending him. He was ok for the first half hour, but that''s not good enough. He has been drafted into centre mid a few times with injuries, and obviously has some quality when he''s confident, but can''t make the grade right now.

I gave Llewellyn a couple of seasons, and he couldn''t cut it either. Clint''s sadly going the same way. Still, even the very worst players can come good sometimes so I just hope it happens for him soon. He is a squad player now, and deservedly so, but when he gets in the first team he NEEDS to take his chance.

I seem to recall from the paperwork that came out with the Share applications last year that Clint''s contract actually runs to June 2005.

OK So even if Clint doesnt have much to offer us we still should not be booing anyone who turns out in the yellow and green and the cheering of his substitution was a disgrace. What do you think the rest of the team feel as well as Clint when they hear this. All City fans involved in this discusting jeering of our own players are a discrace and in my view their kind of support is not wanted at the ground so come on. GET BEHIND THE WHOLE SQUAD!!!!!!!!!!

I think that clint is a waste of time, he dosnt pass the ball confodantly enough and he has no work rate. Also if we rid of him and roberts we can afford hucks wage bill!!!!!!!!

Wake up, even Watford never wanted him.

Totally correct Flecky, it''s a stupid thing to do to cheer a substitution - not only will it make Clint even less confident but it will hurt his friends/team mates feelings too. Booing and jeering is a selfish thing to do and football is a team game.

Couldn''t agree more - I nearly left the ground when I heard so many people cheer his substitution on Saturday. People seem to forget he played a MASSIVE part in us getting to Cardiff, and played very well on the day.
His tackling and distribution were good, if a little cagey for the first 30 mins against Watford but who knows what happened to him after that. He wasn''t the worst player on the pitch (Henderson, Iwan, did nowt all game). What can''t help is people waiting for him to screw up - you could feel the frustration from the moaners in that first 30 mins whilst he was doing well, then BANG, one half bad pass and off they go. I admit he''s not the best, but we saw him do well in the run up to the play offs and we know it''s there somewhere. It might never work out but booing him and cheering his substitutions is not why I''m a season ticket holder. Those of you that do are a disgrace and should think about supporting someone else, because you aren''t welcome in the same ground as me. SUPPORT THE TEAM.
OTBC

1) As our squad is thin (see other postings, NWs own comments) I very much doubt that getting rid of any player is such a good idea.

2) With ref to 1) should anyone be boo-ing/jeering any player that we have. Morale is important.

3) Is Clint Easton a player that can hold his own in a top6 Div1 side with premiership aspirations? Don''t think so.

Sell him in the summer on the cheap to a Div2/3 club where I''m sure he''ll do very well. Or let him see out his contract in the reserves. Until then, perhaps we should just roar when he does something good and groan when he fluffs it.

We march on.

Totally aGREED, I am a little P"""""d with people constantly knocking the guy.. He is not a ruff and tumble merchant. at least he stays on his feet more than Holt. and his passing was no worse than anyone else and better than most.. Sp bad was the knock Clint moaning one guy behind me on Saturday moaned at a short back pass.. saying F*** useless Easton. It was Francis who made the cock up.
Anyone else makes a mistake they say hard luck..but Clint its a different story....

Jeering and booing any player doesn''t help one iowta..ask Iwan..he took load of stick when he first came here. Get off his back and support ..thats why we are calld supporters