Sign in to follow this  
Syteanric

February 18th 2009

mark this date in your calendars, because the club are holding a "breakfast with glenn" it cost £25 to attend, and althought its giving money to the board... which some may grudge paying... however it will give you the chance to grill him, to put him on the spot, and to try and deflte his ego.... the leaflet mentions "Seeing the promised land" well if the promised land is a trip to Tranmere then we are almost there.... take a stand people! work permitting i might try and attend....

jas :)

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

mark this date in your calendars, because the club are holding a "breakfast with glenn" it cost £25 to attend, and althought its giving money to the board... which some may grudge paying... however it will give you the chance to grill him, to put him on the spot, and to try and deflte his ego.... the leaflet mentions "Seeing the promised land" well if the promised land is a trip to Tranmere then we are almost there.... take a stand people! work permitting i might try and attend....

[/quote]ANY GRILLING WILL BE MET WITH..."YOU ARE JUST MEAR SUPPORTERS...WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!" that is the arrigance of the man

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]ANY GRILLING WILL BE MET WITH..."YOU ARE JUST MEAR SUPPORTERS...WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!" that is the arrigance of the man[/quote]

too which id reply.. " a dam site more than you it seems.. i''ve never got a football team relegated before.. so thats already 1 i''ve got over you"

[quote user="jas the barclay king"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]ANY GRILLING WILL BE MET WITH..."YOU ARE JUST MEAR SUPPORTERS...WHAT DO YOU KNOW!!!" that is the arrigance of the man[/quote]

too which id reply.. " a dam site more than you it seems.. i''ve never got a football team relegated before.. so thats already 1 i''ve got over you"

[/quote]lol..well said

Maybe our board really are savvy and have their heads screwed on? £25 to go and shout at the manager; come mid-April they''ll be selling £100 tickets to go and throw stuff at him in the stocks.

[quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

PMSL

http://www.jackdawsfc.org.uk/

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

PMSL

[/quote]

A rude, acerbic post from Delia S. Tickers which doesn''t add anything to the thread apart from to ridicule someone? Surely not?! I hope to God I spelt ''acerbic'' correctly and ''God'' in that context is indeed a proper noun.

[quote user="Chunky Norwich"][quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

PMSL

[/quote]

A rude, acerbic post from Delia S. Tickers which doesn''t add anything to the thread apart from to ridicule someone? Surely not?! I hope to God I spelt ''acerbic'' correctly and ''God'' in that context is indeed a proper noun.

[/quote]You did, and it''s fine as a proper noun because you capitalised it. 

i think he''ll be gone by then - if he loses the next 3 home games we have coming up his position will become untenable amongst the fans and the board will have no option but to act. I suspect that brochure of events was printed around the time of the Ipswich win!

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"][quote user="city-till-i-die"][quote user="jas the barclay king"]

PMSL

[/quote]im glad i amused your tiny mind!!!! your contribution to this was what?????

you might be able to show him how to play a formation that looks dangerous in front of goal at home, with the help of Salt & pepper pots and some cereal boxes. I''m sure he''d appreciate your input!!

I got that information in the post and died of laughing.

I wouldn''t have breakfast with that man if they paid me £100, I''d choke on my bacon!!

[quote user="cityangel"]

I got that information in the post and died of laughing.

I wouldn''t have breakfast with that man if they paid me £100, I''d choke on my bacon!!

[/quote]

You probably would!

It would be that cheap stuff from cash and carry; prudence with ambition and all that!

I found it quite amusing; someone did say they were going to get me an invite as a belated Xmas present; thankfully the joke went no further as i will be on holiday!!

[quote user="jas the barclay king"]

[/quote]

Interesting Jas! The only bad thing about this is it would man we are stuck with Roeder until 18th February!!!!! D''oh [;)]

what happens if roeder gets sacked by then? will you get to meet the new manager? or will the board keep the 25£ or give it back to you lot

[quote user="we8wba"]what happens if roeder gets sacked by then? will you get to meet the new manager? or will the board keep the 25£ or give it back to you lot[/quote]

it will "alrfeady have been budgeted for" yet will slip into the unexplainable black hole that appeared in the accounts this year... under someones mattress perhaps?

Do you think he''ll still come along for this.  I mean being unemployed he will be grateful of a free breakfast.

I still think the "breakfast with Roeder" will happen, I just think the location will change to a Little Chef, with Glenn asking whether I wanted "tea or coffe" with my breakfast.

Is there something you want to tell us about your "relatinoship" with Roeder - I mean are these breakfast dates regular?

[quote user="No Quarter"]I still think the "breakfast with Roeder" will happen, I just think the location will change to a Little Chef, with Glenn asking whether I wanted "tea or coffe" with my breakfast.[/quote]

[:D]

I''ll tell you what if anyone was going to this breakfast with Roder and are disappointed then you can come and have breakfast with me instead and I''ll do it for nothing [:D]

[quote user="cityangel"]I''ll tell you what if anyone was going to this breakfast with Roder and are disappointed then you can come and have breakfast with me instead and I''ll do it for nothing [:D][/quote]ha ha - i''m sure you''ll get plenty of offers angel[;)]

[quote user="Huddy "]you might be able to show him how to play a formation that looks dangerous in front of goal at home, with the help of Salt & pepper pots and some cereal boxes. I''m sure he''d appreciate your input!![/quote]The pepper pot is on a "seasoning"-long loan from Yellows. The salt pop is recovering from a broken top. Substitutes look set to get their chance.

The new event - Breakfast WITHOUT Glenn - will surely be a sell out?