Sign in to follow this  
lincoln canary (& Golden Coppel)

BAD TIMES HERE FOR A WHILE YET, DONT BE TO HAPPY

I cant believe all the hysteria surrounding roeders departure! yes he had to go, but this is the worse possible time to do it! i personally believe roeder would have been best left till the end of the season as i believe no one will come in and save us from the drop this time.

at best we will get a manager in within two weeks, by then he will only have a few days to sign a striker and other players, this simply will not happen and we will be left with this squad to get us out of trouble, which they wont. i wanted roeder out but it should have been done before dec 31st i.e after the forest game. also the problem is we have even less money now with having to pay roeder off! and roeder was probally the best at getting cheap players in that are half decent.

basically what im trying to say is dont get your hopes up that there is a light at the end of the tunnel becuase currently were no where near the bloody tunnel!

and with regard to potential replacements

boothroyd - has poor contacts in the game, mr motivator but this style of management only works for so long as happened at watford, so no thanks

jewell - rejected us once, will do the same again plus can only do a job with money

ince - would doubt he would come here, even so hasnt done anything to suggest he would do a job.

mark bowen - new peter grant

mark robins - average league two manager

darren ferguson - currently at a club with more ambition and likely to be bigger then us in the next couple of years so would reject.

obviously there are more but there is no one that jumps out at me and fills me with confidence of being able to achieve here. the battle may be won with roeder but the war with the board is far from over and my money is on them appointing another failure.

theses are very dark days and i cannot see anything positive to take from todays news.

oh and by the way i would wish good luck to roeder who in case some people forgot ( saw some very disgusting comments on here last night ) kept us up last season. he has proved at every club he has got potential to be a good manager unfortunatley his p.r skills and stubbourness have again been the reason for his demise.

Amazing how after the board suprise us and be proactive, and we all feel like a weight has lifted (at least temporarily), you would just like to point out that everythings shiit regardless.I''ll just go and run a bath and plug my toaster in....

[quote user="BlueJam"]Amazing how after the board suprise us and be proactive, and we all feel like a weight has lifted (at least temporarily), you would just like to point out that everythings shiit regardless.

I''ll just go and run a bath and plug my toaster in....

[/quote]

lol was thinking of doing the same

Can see where you are coming from Lincoln but with regards your last paragraph, have to disagree.

I have no time for Roeder. He who lives by the sword and all that. An arrogant man who doe not learn by his mistakes.

The thing is when matters are this bad, any kind of action is better than inaction.

Agree that we are going to struggle to stay up regardless but think it better to go down with a new manager who has no pressure to keep us up and can start to build a new team for league 1.

[quote user="BlueJam"]Amazing how after the board suprise us and be proactive, and we all feel like a weight has lifted (at least temporarily), you would just like to point out that everythings shiit regardless.

I''ll just go and run a bath and plug my toaster in....

[/quote]

lol.... i read the first line and swiftly scrolled down so that I didnt read it....... i would like to remain slightly optimistic at least until the morning.

How anyone can say that they can''t take anything positive from todays news is beyond me. The man had alienated the majority of the supporters, he was a walking disaster. It is a great day.

[quote user="rjwc22"]Agree that we are going to struggle to stay up regardless but think it better to go down with a new manager who has no pressure to keep us up and can start to build a new team for league 1.[/quote]Going down would be unfeasibly bad news young man. No arguement or debate,  it''s simply bad news. We already haven''t got a pot to piiss in.......We must stay up at all costs.

Utter rubbish, we were in big trouble and at least now have the possibility of light at the end of a very long tunnel.No thanks to Boothroyd?  Why is everyone so sure it was his management style that got them into trouble rather than their owner pulling the rug out from under his feet?And look were "good contact" got us.....[quote user="lincoln canary"]

I cant believe all the hysteria surrounding roeders departure! yes he had to go, but this is the worse possible time to do it! i personally believe roeder would have been best left till the end of the season as i believe no one will come in and save us from the drop this time.

at best we will get a manager in within two weeks, by then he will only have a few days to sign a striker and other players, this simply will not happen and we will be left with this squad to get us out of trouble, which they wont. i wanted roeder out but it should have been done before dec 31st i.e after the forest game. also the problem is we have even less money now with having to pay roeder off! and roeder was probally the best at getting cheap players in that are half decent.

basically what im trying to say is dont get your hopes up that there is a light at the end of the tunnel becuase currently were no where near the bloody tunnel!

boothroyd - has poor contacts in the game, mr motivator but this style of management only works for so long as happened at watford, so no thanks

jewell - rejected us once, will do the same again plus can only do a job with money

ince - would doubt he would come here, even so hasnt done anything to suggest he would do a job.

darren ferguson - currently at a club with more ambition and likely to be bigger then us in the next couple of years so would reject.

obviously there are more but there is no one that jumps out at me and fills me with confidence of being able to achieve here. the battle may be won with roeder but the war with the board is far from over and my money is on them appointing another failure.

theses are very dark days and i cannot see anything positive to take from todays news.

oh and by the way i would wish good luck to roeder who in case some people forgot ( saw some very disgusting comments on here last night ) kept us up last season. he has proved at every club he has got potential to be a good manager unfortunatley his p.r skills and stubbourness have again been the reason for his demise.

[/quote]

You need a word with FRANK.

[quote user="lincoln canary"]

[/quote]always look on the bright side of life dodo dodobedobedo....lol.

[quote user="Potless Percy "]

"Proactive" lol

"Reactive" to 10,000 empty seats is more like it . . .[/quote]

Did you expect the board to sack him today? You wanted it, did you expect it? I didn''t. Did we go through the same crap as we had to in order to shift worthy? No. Proactive it was. Although I think you are right that last night reminded the board of what carrow road will look like all next season if we go down....

Hate to side with the doom-monger here, but Lincoln has a very big point.  Whoever takes over, we''ll still (for the time being) have Delia and her board in charge, with no money for transfers and having to rely on loans.  That is a very simple fact and although it does piss on our parade a little bit, we''ll have to face it sooner or later....I''m not ''happy'' about any of it, really... I''d be happier if things with Roeder had worked out and we were pushing play-offs as us optimists thought at the start of the season... sacking our third manager in 3 years doesn''t make me joyful, it just makes me think back to those dark days pre-Worthy........

[quote user="BlueJam"][quote user="Potless Percy "]

"Proactive" lol

"Reactive" to 10,000 empty seats is more like it . . .[/quote]

Did you expect the board to sack him today? You wanted it, did you expect it? I didn''t. Did we go through the same crap as we had to in order to shift worthy? No. Proactive it was. Although I think you are right that last night reminded the board of what carrow road will look like all next season if we go down....

[/quote]

I take your point about proactivity.  Season ticket renewal forms go out in a couple of weeks . . . now there''s forward thinking for you.

[quote user="rjwc22"]

The thing is when matters are this bad, any kind of action is better than inaction.

Agree that we are going to struggle to stay up regardless but think it better to go down with a new manager who has no pressure to keep us up and can start to build a new team for league 1.

[/quote]

Quite agree rjwc22....... It''ll be a tight call as to whether we stay up or not but at least this has given us a big lift.

Before today I thought we were nailed on for League One as the manager had lost the dressing room but now we might, just might be OK, even with basically the same bunch of players at the Club.

At least we''ve got some fresh air blowing around the place for these vital next three games.

[/quote]

Jesus Christ! A poster on here who isn''t a deluded idiot! Well said mate.

[quote user="Delia S. Tickers"]

You need a word with FRANK.

[/quote]

You probably thought the same thing a couple of  years ago about Hull & Stoke didn''t you. Still bet we''re going to be really active in this transfer window aren''t we?

jesus, there are a lot of deluded people on here, today just shows how inept this football club is, as previously said this is the worst time to sack a manager. once you get to half way in the season you make the decision, if like norwich did decide to stick with the manager then they must back him in jan and keep him till the end of season, you cant get to this time of the year and then sack him its like going past the petrol station hoping to make the next one then the yellow light comes on and you realize you wont so you decide to turn around and go back to the first only to run out of petrol trying to make it back!! the board are completley useless, roeder should have been sacked in dec.

delia s tickers if your trying to say there is no chance in peterborough being bigger then us in a couple of years then you should talk to frank. there is a real possibillty of this, their squad is not far behind as good as ours, and the way they are run and the finaces/ambition they have make us look like a confrence team. just because we get 25k every week doesnt make us a big club.

The longest journey starts with a single step.

Yes, we''re still in the mire and our Championship status is in the balance, but we are much better off than we were 6 hours ago. Roeder had to go, but I genuinely didn''t believe that the board would act this quickly. It only scratches the surface of our problems, but at least its finally a step in the right direction.

My 10 yr. old could do a better job picking lineups than what Roeder has been doing. Whether we have money to buy or loan more players doesn''t matter in terms of survival.  We HAVE the talent to be at least mid-table.  We just need to use it to its peak efficiency. Worry about funds when summer rolls around.

As long as the new manager is not some egomaniacal git like Grant and Roeder, ones who felt it was more important to destroy the team completely and rebuild from scratch rather than building on what we already have that worked.  Why not take what works and build from there, rather than ruining it too and starting from nothing?  ALSO, we need a manager who is a player''s manager, not some cold, distant unappreciative jerkwad who rules with an iron fist.

The longest journey starts with a single step. - Beauseant

So does the shortest one, and we are not all that far off being out of the relegation mess. We just need someone in charge who is willing to take what we do have and use it correctly instead of trying to reinvent the wheel and coming up with flat tires.

I agree we still have a massive fight on our hands, but we would not have managed it with Roeder.  He''d lost most of the fans (he certainly lost me in the past month with his arrogance and couldn''t give a stuuf about the fans attitude), from the last month''s showing he''d lost the players, tactically he''d lost the plot, last night he lost the Board, and more importantly, he''d lost the LAST FIVE games.  Something had to give or another 14 matches without a win like Charlton''s recent run and relgation was a cert this clsoe to season end.  So today I''m happy.  The next three games may yet wipe my euphoria but we''ll see.

[quote user="Beauseant"]

The longest journey starts with a single step.

Yes, we''re still in the mire and our Championship status is in the balance, but we are much better off than we were 6 hours ago. Roeder had to go, but I genuinely didn''t believe that the board would act this quickly. It only scratches the surface of our problems, but at least its finally a step in the right direction.

[/quote]

Agree with this, a step in the right direction rather than in the wrong.

[/quote]

Great post.

Stupid time to sack a manager.

We are doomed to go down now - not a good day today feel totaly depressed.

''his p.r skills and stubbourness''

No - the reason for his demise is that he is a poor football manager. We are clearly still in a precarious position and there is still a very real possibility we will go down. I do not support this Board. Nevertheless anyone who has been watching our games regularly can see that with Roeder at the helm there relegation was becoming very likely. We may still go down but we may now have a chance which in my opinion was gone with Roeder.