Sign in to follow this  
renegade tootsie

Aidy Boothroyd to be unveiled tommorrow

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]I have it on good authority......
[/quote]

Worth a  punt `tootsie, you`ll be claiming to have inside info about an "emergency board meeting" next!

As much as it is easy to look at the odd''s and pick the favourite, I do wonder if this lucky stab in the dark could be right. Was having a peruse on Skybet earlier & noticed that (albeit briefly) betting was suspended on Boothroyd?

The mind boggles............ Could this be why we''ve not announced a caretaker as something could be imminent?

[:O]

[quote user="wolfie"]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]I have it on good authority......[/quote]

Worth a  punt `tootsie, you`ll be claiming to have inside info about an "emergency board meeting" next!

[/quote]

Its a long time since I had a lucky stab in the dark....[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

As much as it is easy to look at the odd''s and pick the favourite, I do wonder if this lucky stab in the dark could be right. Was having a peruse on Skybet earlier & noticed that (albeit briefly) betting was suspended on Boothroyd?

The mind boggles............ Could this be why we''ve not announced a caretaker as something could be imminent?

[/quote]

I cannot quote my source, but its someone that my mum''s best mates uncle once met at a convention in Florida back in the seventies, who knows this guy who drinks in the same pub as a woman who once slept with a man who often used to walk past the club on his way home from work....[quote user="renegade tootsie"]I have it on good authority......[/quote]

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Its a long time since I had a lucky stab in the dark....

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[/quote][/quote]

lol TMI [;)]

I would hate to see Boothroyd appointed.  I think it would be a mistake, and we can''t afford another.

I would like to see a young, eager manager with experience.  Not someone''s first crack at the whip.  Would welcome Malky back as assistant but not manager.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Its a long time since I had a lucky stab in the dark....[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[/quote][/quote]Ha-ha!!! Very good! [:D][Y]

[quote user="NorwichsNewFinest"]

[/quote]

That very thought occurred to me. There was something in the NOTW/Sun a couple of weeks ago about the club lining up Boothroyd to replace Roeder. Either that or Gunn and Goss will be the full-time management team!!

[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

I would hate to see Boothroyd appointed.  I think it would be a mistake, and we can''t afford another.

I would like to see a young, eager manager with experience.  Not someone''s first crack at the whip.  Would welcome Malky back as assistant but not manager.

[/quote]Isn''t this a little contardictory Boothy is what 39/40 (would class that young) and had about as much experience as possible for a young manager(PL, Championship) 

[/quote]

A retrograde step and a potential disaster. He is damaged goods coming off the back of a failure at Watford. He got lucky like Worthington and got seen for what he was over time.

Lucky us if Smith does it yet again.

[quote user="Carlos Valderrama"]Somethings iminent thats for sure.  Its not normal to sack the manager and entire back room team in one foul swoop![/quote]

Just a quick point (seeing as this thread is pointless already) its actually "fell swoop", even though it''s pronounced "foul swoop."

[quote user="one 4 the future"][quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]Isn''t this a little contardictory Boothy is what 39/40 (would class that young) and had about as much experience as possible for a young manager(PL, Championship) [/quote]

Yes, perhaps a bit contradictory but I just don''t think Boothroyd is the right man.  He has managed in this league and the Premiership and his record is not great, I just don''[t think he has the right character/attributes that we need.

Totally contradictary and inaccurate regarding Boothroyd - ok so what horse are you backing?[quote user="norfolkbroadslim"]

[/quote]

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

A retrograde step and a potential disaster. He is damaged goods coming off the back of a failure at Watford. He got lucky like Worthington and got seen for what he was over time.

[/quote]

Who do you suggest then?  Or is this just another one of those series of posts where you don''t bother telling us so that you can sit safely and slate whoever it ends up being? 

After all, how many managers who have had long stints of success would come here?  None of the realistic targets will have been winning titles here and there, otherwise why would they come? 

Boothroyd has to be among the best on the potential list (so long as hoofball takes a back seat) - he knows the club and its set up well, had reasonable success at Watford (promotion and play-offs in 3 or so seasons is hardly an abject failure) and would be a popular appointment - something that I see as being important this time.  I''d probably go with Curbishley in preference but that is probably unrealistic. 

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Who do you suggest then?  Or is this just another one of those series of posts where you don''t bother telling us so that you can sit safely and slate whoever it ends up being? 

After all, how many managers who have had long stints of success would come here?  None of the realistic targets will have been winning titles here and there, otherwise why would they come? 

Boothroyd has to be among the best on the potential list (so long as hoofball takes a back seat) - he knows the club and its set up well, had reasonable success at Watford (promotion and play-offs in 3 or so seasons is hardly an abject failure) and would be a popular appointment - something that I see as being important this time.  I''d probably go with Curbishley in preference but that is probably unrealistic. 

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]I cannot quote my source, but its someone that my mum''s best mates uncle once met at a convention in Florida back in the seventies, who knows this guy who drinks in the same pub as a woman who once slept with a man who often used to walk past the club on his way home from work....

[/quote][/quote]

You know them too?????