Sign in to follow this  
MyGodWeArePoorToWatch

So what do the party throwers think will really change now ?

Iam not being funny here.But just what are all you lot celebrating about ?The fact that once again, a manager has carried the can, for much much deeper troubles at the club than were his doing ?The fact is, yes it was time for him to go.But why are we once again here at the same place for what, the 4th year running ?The reason is that once agin, we need the " new boss " effect to lift players and fans, to get us out of the s h i t.This " new boss " effect is well known, and once again, the board are relying on it to give us another season in the championship.Unless real investment is found, we as a club are deeply in the s h i t guys !It wont matter a damn who we get in as manager, he will find himself in the same situation as our last three managers, fans screaming for his head because a bunch of players are in a league above where they should be playing.In fact, i doubt we have 5 championship quality players in our squad.So just what do any of you expect from the manager ?WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEART OF HEARTS, THAT CHANGING MANAGERS EVERY SEASON OR TWO WILL GET US NO WHERE UNLESS THE BOARD STUMP UP REAL MONEY FOR MINIMUM CHAMPIONSHIP QUALITY PLAYERS !!Thats something they cant do, we have been run into the ground, and iam affraid the only place is down.So think on in your happy joy that we have got rid of "rodent"Unfortunatly, he was the least of our problems.[:(]

I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel

[quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel[/quote]No mate it wont.It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.Iam not defending glenn.He had more than his share of faults.But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(]

As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]Sorry mate, i just dont agree.The trouble with this club goes far far deeper than who our current manager is.Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel[/quote]No mate it wont.It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.Iam not defending glenn.He had more than his share of faults.But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(][/quote]If Glen Roeder became the Man Utd manager and was given the same funds as Sir Alex, he would still be an utter disaster, GR was a very poor manager - full stop, it has nothing to do with money in his case, he did, after all bring in 22 players, none of which ever played as a team

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]

Sorry mate, i just dont agree.
The trouble with this club goes far far deeper than who our current manager is.
Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?
[/quote]

So what do you suggest then?

[quote user="the1englishman"]Iam not being funny here.
But just what are all you lot celebrating about ?
The fact that once again, a manager has carried the can, for much much deeper troubles at the club than were his doing ?
The fact is, yes it was time for him to go.
But why are we once again here at the same place for what, the 4th year running ?
The reason is that once agin, we need the " new boss " effect to lift players and fans, to get us out of the s h i t.
This " new boss " effect is well known, and once again, the board are relying on it to give us another season in the championship.
Unless real investment is found, we as a club are deeply in the s h i t guys !
It wont matter a damn who we get in as manager, he will find himself in the same situation as our last three managers, fans screaming for his head because a bunch of players are in a league above where they should be playing.
In fact, i doubt we have 5 championship quality players in our squad.
So just what do any of you expect from the manager ?
WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEART OF HEARTS, THAT CHANGING MANAGERS EVERY SEASON OR TWO WILL GET US NO WHERE UNLESS THE BOARD STUMP UP REAL MONEY FOR MINIMUM CHAMPIONSHIP QUALITY PLAYERS !!
Thats something they cant do, we have been run into the ground, and iam affraid the only place is down.
So think on in your happy joy that we have got rid of "rodent"
Unfortunatly, he was the least of our problems.
[:(]

[/quote]

Once again the usual losers fail to see a quality viewpoint when they see it. Well put and well thought out.

We are an utter shambles clearly on the way down. The City manager merry-go-round is all too similar to the struggling lower league clubs who chop and change with the wind....when the real and most pressing problem is the desperate cook who is once more trying to save her bacon on the back of another of her discarded appointments.

Cue the "give him more time"..."let him bring in his own players" tripe that I''ve read on here year on year. It was bad yesterday...but it almost laughable today.

God help us. What was once a national joke is now a farce beyond belief.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

The fact that once again, a manager has carried the can, for much much deeper troubles at the club than were his doing ?
But why are we once again here at the same place for what, the 4th year running ?
The reason is that once agin, we need the " new boss " effect to lift players and fans, to get us out of the s h i t.
This " new boss " effect is well known, and once again, the board are relying on it to give us another season in the championship.
It wont matter a damn who we get in as manager, he will find himself in the same situation as our last three managers, fans screaming for his head because a bunch of players are in a league above where they should be playing.
WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEART OF HEARTS, THAT CHANGING MANAGERS EVERY SEASON OR TWO WILL GET US NO WHERE UNLESS THE BOARD STUMP UP REAL MONEY FOR MINIMUM CHAMPIONSHIP QUALITY PLAYERS !!
Thats something they cant do, we have been run into the ground, and iam affraid the only place is down.

[/quote]

Once again the usual losers fail to see a quality viewpoint when they see it. Well put and well thought out.

We are an utter shambles clearly on the way down. The City manager merry-go-round is all too similar to the struggling lower league clubs who chop and change with the wind....when the real and most pressing problem is the desperate cook who is once more trying to save her bacon on the back of another of her discarded appointments.

Cue the "give him more time"..."let him bring in his own players" tripe that I''ve read on here year on year. It was bad yesterday...but it almost laughable today.

[/quote]

So what do you suggest then?  We could all chant for the board to go, and I would go for that if I knew that there was definately an investor waiting in the wings.  I don''t see too many people standing in line waiting to invest money or buy the club.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]

I haven''t agreed with you much recently Blahblahblah, but this post is absolutely spot on.

We have to accept that however comes in as manager, is liked and respected by the players, and he can motivate them to perform. I still think we''ve got enough quality in the team to surivive, and adding a centre back and some strikers will make a massive difference.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlook

Aidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel
[/quote]

No mate it wont.
It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.
Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.
Iam not defending glenn.
He had more than his share of faults.
But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(]
[/quote]

You should read Alex Ferguson''s autobiography. His first job in football management was at East Sterlingshire. He took them over after they had finished bottom of the scottish third division. With no money, and about 12 fit players, he had them top of the league by midway through the next season when he left for St Mirren. The reason for his success? He knew how to build a good team, motivate them, and get them playing attacking football. The fact he then went on to success with St Mirren, an outstanding record at Aberdeen and steller success at United are to do with his all round brilliance as a manager. Money helps. But he had the talent and demonstrated it well before he got given huge sums of cash at United. Another Ferguson on the way up to arrive at Noriwch in the coming weeks would be an absolute godsend.

[quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]

Exactly bx3, whilst me may not achieve our full potential under the current board, a half-decent manager will ensure we don''t go down in the meantime.

Mark .Y.

[quote user="Neil Cluckcaster"]

[quote user="the1englishman"]Iam not being funny here.But just what are all you lot celebrating about ?The fact that once again, a manager has carried the can, for much much deeper troubles at the club than were his doing ?The fact is, yes it was time for him to go.But why are we once again here at the same place for what, the 4th year running ?The reason is that once agin, we need the " new boss " effect to lift players and fans, to get us out of the s h i t.This " new boss " effect is well known, and once again, the board are relying on it to give us another season in the championship.Unless real investment is found, we as a club are deeply in the s h i t guys !It wont matter a damn who we get in as manager, he will find himself in the same situation as our last three managers, fans screaming for his head because a bunch of players are in a league above where they should be playing.In fact, i doubt we have 5 championship quality players in our squad.So just what do any of you expect from the manager ?WE ALL KNOW IN OUR HEART OF HEARTS, THAT CHANGING MANAGERS EVERY SEASON OR TWO WILL GET US NO WHERE UNLESS THE BOARD STUMP UP REAL MONEY FOR MINIMUM CHAMPIONSHIP QUALITY PLAYERS !!Thats something they cant do, we have been run into the ground, and iam affraid the only place is down.So think on in your happy joy that we have got rid of "rodent"Unfortunatly, he was the least of our problems.[:(][/quote]

[/quote]I think you''re right, but, as I wrote elsewhere earlier, I truly believe that the Smiths have had enough and if they could get

out of Norwich relatively cleanly they would, not at a profit probably

just not too horrible for them, but there is currently nobody

interested in buying the club and taking on the debt. Who at nearly 70

years of age would need this amount of sh*te?

Agreed.[quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel[/quote]

Yes we know there are deeper troubles, but MOST of the current results issues are due to Glen getting in loans because he thought it would be a quick fix.But hey you just keep on disagreeing with every response that blows yours out of the water.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]Sorry mate, i just dont agree.The trouble with this club goes far far deeper than who our current manager is.Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?[/quote]

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

I haven''t agreed with you much recently Blahblahblah, but this post is absolutely spot on.

We have to accept that however comes in as manager, is liked and respected by the players, and he can motivate them to perform. I still think we''ve got enough quality in the team to surivive, and adding a centre back and some strikers will make a massive difference.

[/quote]Them same players that forgot how to play under glenn, just like those that forgot how to play under worthy, the same players that forgot how to play under grant, each and every one of those managers brought in the best they could afford in there opinion, the result was the same for each manager, if you are failing to see a pattern here, maybe you need to take a closer look.The only reason we are season by season getting lower down the championship is a simple case of lack of REAL investment in the FOOTBALL !The last player of any worth was sold long ago.We as a club dropped the ball with the poison dwarf, we should have made a lot more on him than we did, but he was also a panic buy, a player that seemingly dictated his own contract terms that we a s a club paid for.As i said, it wont matter a sh   it who we get in.Its not the manager that needs changing every season.Yes i know there are now no buyers for the club.But once again, blame the real people at fault here, and thats the board.They have out stayed there welcome by 4 seasons now.And unfortunatly its to late.The reality is, we have morphed froma top teer team, into a third devision team under our current board.Thats not me being bitter, thats just the reality, they have no money to ivest, they have no more assets to cash in on.We have a sqaud of league one players.And i fear thats where we will be playing our football for the next couple of year.Iam pi ss ed of, it never needed to get this far.Had the sky money really been re invested into the team, we could have bounced back, better to be a yo yo, than the titanic i say.

[quote user="renegade tootsie"]Yes we know there are deeper troubles, but MOST of the current results issues are due to Glen getting in loans because he thought it would be a quick fix.But hey you just keep on disagreeing with every response that blows yours out of the water.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]Sorry mate, i just dont agree.The trouble with this club goes far far deeper than who our current manager is.Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?[/quote][/quote]Did you ever stop to think why he got in loans ?We couldnt afford our own championship quality players.Now i know glenn wasnt the man for long term, but to blame our situation, ( the same one we been in, long before he every showed up ) on glenn just tells me you have no idea what a real lack of investment over the years has done to OUR club.I dont want to argue with you aal that disagree with me.But i fail to see how we can all celebrate the sacking of glenn, our third manager in 4 years.When every year the results and view points have been the same.Oh and the same investment as well, bugger all.We had money, the club choose not to invest it in football.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Yes we know there are deeper troubles, but MOST of the current results issues are due to Glen getting in loans because he thought it would be a quick fix.

But hey you just keep on disagreeing with every response that blows yours out of the water.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]

Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?
[/quote][/quote]

Did you ever stop to think why he got in loans ?
We couldnt afford our own championship quality players.
Now i know glenn wasnt the man for long term, but to blame our situation, ( the same one we been in, long before he every showed up ) on glenn just tells me you have no idea what a real lack of investment over the years has done to OUR club.
I dont want to argue with you aal that disagree with me.
But i fail to see how we can all celebrate the sacking of glenn, our third manager in 4 years.
When every year the results and view points have been the same.
Oh and the same investment as well, bugger all.
We had money, the club choose not to invest it in football.

[/quote]

So what''s your answer then?

I am sure the board would be interested to hear them, they were asking for ideas at the AGM.

Or maybe you have millions to invest?

Seriously, be angry, but don''t direct it at posters who are asking questions and giving you differing viewpoints.  Being angry won''t change the fact that the club is in the deepest sh*t for 50+ years.

The board have done wrong by the club and fans, however, right at this moment in time we have no choice, as there simply isn''t anyone who wants to either invest or buy the club.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[/quote]

Them same players that forgot how to play under glenn, just like those that forgot how to play under worthy, the same players that forgot how to play under grant, each and every one of those managers brought in the best they could afford in there opinion, the result was the same for each manager, if you are failing to see a pattern here, maybe you need to take a closer look.
The only reason we are season by season getting lower down the championship is a simple case of lack of REAL investment in the FOOTBALL !
The last player of any worth was sold long ago.
We as a club dropped the ball with the poison dwarf, we should have made a lot more on him than we did, but he was also a panic buy, a player that seemingly dictated his own contract terms that we a s a club paid for.
As i said, it wont matter a sh   it who we get in.
Its not the manager that needs changing every season.
Yes i know there are now no buyers for the club.
But once again, blame the real people at fault here, and thats the board.
They have out stayed there welcome by 4 seasons now.
And unfortunatly its to late.
The reality is, we have morphed froma top teer team, into a third devision team under our current board.
Thats not me being bitter, thats just the reality, they have no money to ivest, they have no more assets to cash in on.
We have a sqaud of league one players.
And i fear thats where we will be playing our football for the next couple of year.
Iam pi ss ed of, it never needed to get this far.
Had the sky money really been re invested into the team, we could have bounced back, better to be a yo yo, than the titanic i say.
[/quote]

Excellent post, I am like you and cannot believe that some people still can''t see the board for what they. The manager is only half the problem and things may improve temporarily but without money it won''t last whoever we get in.

[quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Yes we know there are deeper troubles, but MOST of the current results issues are due to Glen getting in loans because he thought it would be a quick fix.

But hey you just keep on disagreeing with every response that blows yours out of the water.

[/quote][/quote]

Now i know glenn wasnt the man for long term, but to blame our situation, ( the same one we been in, long before he every showed up ) on glenn just tells me you have no idea what a real lack of investment over the years has done to OUR club.
But i fail to see how we can all celebrate the sacking of glenn, our third manager in 4 years.

[/quote]

I am sure the board would be interested to hear them, they were asking for ideas at the AGM.

Seriously, be angry, but don''t direct it at posters who are asking questions and giving you differing viewpoints.  Being angry won''t change the fact that the club is in the deepest sh*t for 50+ years.

The board have done wrong by the club and fans, however, right at this moment in time we have no choice, as there simply isn''t anyone who wants to either invest or buy the club.

[/quote]

We are told that nobody wants to invest in the club, whether or not that''s the truth is a different matter but I certainly wouldn''t take it as gospel from the bullshitting clowns on the board.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="renegade tootsie"]Yes we know there are deeper troubles, but MOST of the current results issues are due to Glen getting in loans because he thought it would be a quick fix.But hey you just keep on disagreeing with every response that blows yours out of the water.

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="blahblahblah"]As many have pointed out on here, there are far cheaper squads occupying higher positions in the league.  If Roeders'' comments on Cureton are anything to go by, he is a very bad motivator with good contacts.  What we need is someone who can take this mid-table squad back to mid-table, by boosting the confidence of those who are here and bringing in a striker or two and a central defender.  If whoever gets the job can do this, then we should be out of the bottom 6 in the next month or two.[/quote]Sorry mate, i just dont agree.The trouble with this club goes far far deeper than who our current manager is.Sure it goes a long way having a good manager, but why would one want to come to a club that gives no backing to its manager, and expects miricles from them within one year ?[/quote][/quote]Did you ever stop to think why he got in loans ?We couldnt afford our own championship quality players.Now i know glenn wasnt the man for long term, but to blame our situation, ( the same one we been in, long before he every showed up ) on glenn just tells me you have no idea what a real lack of investment over the years has done to OUR club.I dont want to argue with you aal that disagree with me.But i fail to see how we can all celebrate the sacking of glenn, our third manager in 4 years.When every year the results and view points have been the same.Oh and the same investment as well, bugger all.We had money, the club choose not to invest it in football.[/quote]

[/quote]Iam not angry at fellow fans mate, i just dont see any cause for celebration, and the reason our club has ZERO people interested in it, is because of the directors.We were once a half decent force in english football.Now we are a joke.Same results every year, just a different manager to carry the can.

[/quote]

There is no answer thats the problem. The only thing we can do is continue this cycle of employing the ''new manager effect'' every 12-18 months and hoping for the best. Isn''t life depressing?

[/quote]

Good post and some people still don''t see the wood for the trees!?, the clapping sea lions are easily pleased......

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote][/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

Iam not angry at fellow fans mate, i just dont see any cause for celebration, and the reason our club has ZERO people interested in it, is because of the directors.
We were once a half decent force in english football.
Now we are a joke.
Same results every year, just a different manager to carry the can.
[/quote]

Yes we are a joke and truth be known have been for years.  However, the club is ours and I dont care what other fans think of it.

I don''t see so much celebration going on, just fans relieved that arrogant, tactically naive manager has gone.

I agree with most of what you say, and have said much of it over the years both on here and at the ground with mates.  But the fact remains we are in a recession, it''s going to be a rough 18 months for everyone, football clubs included.

I was as peed off as most that the board couldn''t sit down and come to an agreement with PC, and I will never forgive them for that and the other untruths that have come from various members.

But, we are stuck with the board we have ATM because there are no buyers or investors.

If PC came out in the press and said I definately want to buy the club at a good price but they wont sell, then I would be all up for wanting the board gone, in fact I don''t think I would be alone in getting them out lol.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]There is no answer thats the problem. The only thing we can do is continue this cycle of employing the ''new manager effect'' every 12-18 months and hoping for the best. Isn''t life depressing?

[/quote]Bang on iam affraid.But where does the blame go for us not to be an atractive investment ?Answers on a post card sent to good old delia.

[quote user="Mark Smith"][quote user="WeAreYellows49"]

[/quote]

There is no answer thats the problem. The only thing we can do is continue this cycle of employing the ''new manager effect'' every 12-18 months and hoping for the best. Isn''t life depressing?

[/quote]

It is bloody depressing lol

[quote user="Gazza"]Good post and some people still don''t see the wood for the trees!?, the clapping sea lions are easily pleased......[/quote]Disrespectful comments like this only make you look like a w@nker Gazza, when you may have a very reasonable point (as does the OP). You make your point so badly and so accusational that you take any credit away from it.I think it''s true that the rot starts at the top, but a change of manager at least gives us some glimmer of hope that something good might happen.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel[/quote]No mate it wont.It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.Iam not defending glenn.He had more than his share of faults.But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(][/quote]

You should read Alex Ferguson''s autobiography. His first job in football management was at East Sterlingshire. He took them over after they had finished bottom of the scottish third division. With no money, and about 12 fit players, he had them top of the league by midway through the next season when he left for St Mirren. The reason for his success? He knew how to build a good team, motivate them, and get them playing attacking football. The fact he then went on to success with St Mirren, an outstanding record at Aberdeen and steller success at United are to do with his all round brilliance as a manager. Money helps. But he had the talent and demonstrated it well before he got given huge sums of cash at United. Another Ferguson on the way up to arrive at Noriwch in the coming weeks would be an absolute godsend.

[/quote]I think he actually got the sack from St Mirren

[quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlook

Aidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel
[/quote]

No mate it wont.
It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.
Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.
Iam not defending glenn.
He had more than his share of faults.
But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(]
[/quote]

[/quote]

I think he actually got the sack from St Mirren

[/quote]

He did. But not for footballing reasons. He was hugely successful at St Mirren and turned them around from a poorly supported team getting gates of 1,000 in the scottish second division and got them into the scots prem in four years. He discovered a load of fresh talent on the cheap and despite (allegedly) getting sacked for financial irregularities, he had been so impressive Aberdeen hired him almost immediately.

[quote user="Canary Poirot"][quote user="shortfatb"][quote user="Canary Poirot"]

[quote user="the1englishman"][quote user="John Boubepo"]I''m sure a decent manager would change your outlook, a fading manager [Worthington] followed by two abysmal managers has indeed given us a grey outlookAidy Boothroyd''s appointment will be a change for the better I feel[/quote]No mate it wont.It doesnt matter what sport your in, lack of funds means constant failure iam affraid.Sir alex couldnt get this squad promoted, thats a fact, and he wouldnt be able to make squad good enough in the time managers get at this club.Iam not defending glenn.He had more than his share of faults.But without a board willing to invest at least 5 million a year on players will will never again see consistent success, flashes in the plan like worthy had maybe on occasion, but thats the very best scenareo iam affraid [:(][/quote]

[/quote]I think he actually got the sack from St Mirren[/quote]

He did. But not for footballing reasons. He was hugely successful at St Mirren and turned them around from a poorly supported team getting gates of 1,000 in the scottish second division and got them into the scots prem in four years. He discovered a load of fresh talent on the cheap and despite (allegedly) getting sacked for financial irregularities, he had been so impressive Aberdeen hired him almost immediately.

[/quote]But back then, our club looked a little different as well.That was long long before money played such a HUGE part in consitent results.