Sign in to follow this  
BarclayA

Boothroyd A (suspended) - Skybet

Are they saying it''s a done deal then.  When was the last time in a manager race that the person on who bets were suspended didn''t get the job?

Sounds good to me

He is proven in this league, he knows Norwich City; and is young enough to be here for a long time to come. Getting Malkay in alongside him would be superb news in my opinion.

People have said he got sacked by Watford, ridiculously; he was sold down the river and as for hoofball; you can only do what youve got with the players you have; it would take a whole squad of signings to make that possible at Norwich, which aint gonna happen; as long as we stay up at the moment i dont really care how we do it!

Victor Chandler have stopped taking any bets on the Norwich appointment...

Still, the Bookies have got this wrong before...

Our Academy team didn''t play hoofball when he was running that. I used to watch them sometimes and they played some lovely stuff. He''s also one of the few realistic canddates who would be instantly available so with no obvious person from within to run the team on Saturday a quick announcement could be on the cards. He wouldn''t need to come and see the set-up as he knows it already.

the hoofball talk is a nonsene; he''s managed one club; and although i can''t comment on the football they played; he was succesful and played im sure to the attibutes of his players.

Boothroyd wouldn''t be able to bring in a whole new team; so will have to play to suit our players; hoofball to JC and Cureton is unlikely to work....!

[quote user="Philipo87"]its not suspended any more. odds at 11/10[/quote]

After Neil Adams said on Canary Call that he favoured Boothroyd I expect the bookies got a flurry of bets from the Norwich area, from people who thought Adams knew something (I don''t think he does btw).  Perhaps that''s why betting was suspended for a while.

To get rid of all the staff suggests to me that Boothy & Malky are just waiting for the nod to come in, if not they would have put Stephenson in temp charge and waited to see what the new manager wants to do with them.  

[quote user="one 4 the future"]To get rid of all the staff suggests to me that Boothy & Malky are just waiting for the nod to come in, if not they would have put Stephenson in temp charge and waited to see what the new manager wants to do with them.  [/quote]I was thinking the same. They''ll either take charge on Saturday or will be unveiled before the game to take charge of the next fixture.

[quote user="one 4 the future"]To get rid of all the staff suggests to me that Boothy & Malky are just waiting for the nod to come in, if not they would have put Stephenson in temp charge and waited to see what the new manager wants to do with them.  [/quote]

Thats a very good call, your probably right.    

[quote user="one 4 the future"]To get rid of all the staff suggests to me that Boothy & Malky are just waiting for the nod to come in, if not they would have put Stephenson in temp charge and waited to see what the new manager wants to do with them.  [/quote]

I think the board have learnt from keeping Jim Duffy in charge for 3 games they wanted a whole clean sweep of a management team that didn''t work, plus Bryan Gunn cant do any worse at the moment.

I agree...the only reason they would have a full management clear out is to pave the way for a new team...i would welcome back both aidy and malkay!hope they unveil them on saturday!!!!

Someone on here said there was a clause whereby if Roeder was sacked his team would automatically be sacked at the same time without compo.  It avoids having to pay them off if a new manager comes in wanting to install his own team. 

Downside of course is that there''s no one left to coach or manage the team.  Therefore one would hope the board had someone lined up before they sacked him.

Latest odds.

[quote user="Barry Brockes"]Our Academy team didn''t play hoofball when he was running that. I used to watch them sometimes and they played some lovely stuff. He''s also one of the few realistic canddates who would be instantly available so with no obvious person from within to run the team on Saturday a quick announcement could be on the cards. He wouldn''t need to come and see the set-up as he knows it already.[/quote]

Boothroyd is the most obvious choice to be honest, and possibly with Malky as his assistant.  Has obvious links, knows the area, facilities, set-up and more about the club than any other realistic candidate.

I would be mildly concerned about the style (or lack of) under him at Watford - but perhaps that was doing what they wanted/using the tools he had at his disposal in the best way he could.  After all, he spent 2 years playing the right way here, and WBA aren''t exactly hoofball merchants either.  IMO the fact is that we do have some decent footballers in our squad - it was for me the oddest thing about GR''s reign, that he picked decent players up, but just couldn''t seem to get them to play well together.

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Can someone enlighten me as to who this Boothroyd character is?  He seems highly rated, but I am completely unfanmiliar with him and his qualifications.[/quote]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aidy_Boothroyd

[quote user="Houston Canary"]Can someone enlighten me as to who this Boothroyd character is?  He seems highly rated, but I am completely unfanmiliar with him and his qualifications.[/quote]

Used to coach our youth team for a number of years. Left and took manager''s job at watford, few years back. Got them to the play offs twice, once getting promoted and also semi-final of F.A cup.