Sign in to follow this  
Captain Controversy

Roeder should not have been sacked

Okay, the results have been awful, its been very frustrating lately, and last night was a bleak one....But, Roeder should not have been sacked in my opinion.They should have changed his job title and brought in a head coach - with Roeder as director of football - his contacts and scouting abilities would have still been used (Evans, Grounds, Bates to name just a few younger, but quality players he''s picked out) but obviously his man management was letting him down.I honestly believe we will be worse without him at the club - despite what everyone thinks of him personally.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Okay, the results have been awful, its been very frustrating lately, and last night was a bleak one....

(Evans, Grounds, Bates to name just a few younger, but quality players he''s picked out) [/quote]

Camera, Gibbs, Henry, Koroma, Henville...

I think few people would doubt the ability of some of the players he''s brought. But we''ve also got to admit his teams were poorly organised, unmotivated and lacked creation. I don''t think a man with Roeder''s pride would accept any sort of deal where he would not be in complete control, so I think for the sake of this club, sacking Roeder was not only the best thing to do, but the only thing they could really do.

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Okay, the results have been awful, its been very frustrating lately, and last night was a bleak one....

But, Roeder should not have been sacked in my opinion.

They should have changed his job title and brought in a head coach - with Roeder as director of football - his contacts and scouting abilities would have still been used (Evans, Grounds, Bates to name just a few younger, but quality players he''s picked out) but obviously his man management was letting him down.

I honestly believe we will be worse without him at the club - despite what everyone thinks of him personally.
[/quote]

Looking at some of the Newcastle fans comments this evening, a few similar views came up.  They seemed to like Glenn in a youth development role but not as a manager.

I think things had got so bad though, that a job title change would have been impossible in the circumstances.

Well, its been done now - and we must look forward.Now the majority of supporters have got what they wanted lets hope Carrow Road becomes a bit more of an intimidating place to come, and we start moving away from the danger zone.I still think its a shame Roeders left the club entirely.And Ive sold my Barnsley AND southampton tickets!

I posted a thread on this the other day suggesting the same thing.

Someone - I believe it was New York Canary - made a great point that shot down my theory though. His theory was that Roeder is so arrogant he wouldn’t take input from anyone. Do you really think he''s sit and let someone else manage the team?

His own arrogance and inability to work with others would make that situation unworkable.

In a perfect world a good idea. There has been a fairly low percentage of out right failures in the young players he has brought in. Henry obviously wasn''t good enough, neither was Henville and Komora isn''t looking all that sharp (although that is a little harsh given the amount of time he has spent injured). A lot of people will say Gibbs was a failure, and although he didn''t reach the heights of Ched, he wasn''t bad and is now often in the Arsenal squad.I think Roeder''s future lies in youth development, or being Director of Football somewhere, Wenger was thinking about this before Glenn came to Norwich. It would of been impossible to move Roeder upstairs and bring in another manager. Which manager would want to come to a club knowing the previous manager was still around?I wish Roeder luck, despite his arrogance (which I personally feel is a good trait in a manager), he has the right idea about how to get teams playing and suffered from not having the money to get the players he really wanted. I doubt Sibi was his first choice, hence waiting until the last day of the transfer window. The timing was right for him to go, but we now have to get an instant reaction, the next three games are so vital. The decision of who to make next manager, which I think has already been made, is probably the biggest decision in the clubs recent history and a poor choice will mean League 1 football for at least a couple of seasons.Good luck to the next guy, whomever he may be (personally I want an Aidy/Malky good guy/nice guy team)

[quote user="Captain Controversy"]Okay, the results have been awful, its been very frustrating lately, and last night was a bleak one....But, Roeder should not have been sacked in my opinion.They should have changed his job title and brought in a head coach - with Roeder as director of football - his contacts and scouting abilities would have still been used (Evans, Grounds, Bates to name just a few younger, but quality players he''s picked out) but obviously his man management was letting him down.I honestly believe we will be worse without him at the club - despite what everyone thinks of him personally.[/quote]Evans, Lita and wotshisface from Birmingham were ok not sure about the rest, Worthington brought in Crouch and Huckerby on loan, now that takes some beating!GR has brought in 22 players, that''s not a team, that''s a squad and yet he couldn''t get the best out of any of them! the players who were here he destroyed or sold, lost the dressing room, lost the fans and ultimately lost the board, oh and lost most of his games of football - now that also takes some beating!